• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon tax on fertilizer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon tax on fertilizer

Be prepared to bend over when it comes carbon taxes on your fertilizer. To make 1 ton of fertilizer it takes about average 5 tons CO2. So get ready to pay $100 ton more for fertilizer come april 1st.

Oh ya it gets better by 2022 you will be paying $250 per ton,

Comment

Do you think there will be more plow down, green manure/feed crops in the future reducing fertilizer use and maybe reducing grain yields that may increase price of grain?

Comment

In October 2019 Canada has the opportunity to punt these clowns to the curb. Maybe they can enjoy the same party status as the Quebec provincial Parti Québécois now has.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
          Do you think there will be more plow down, green manure/feed crops in the future reducing fertilizer use and maybe reducing grain yields that may increase price of grain?
          No, it will not help grain prices. Because none of our competition is subject to the same anti-business taxes. It will just make turn Canadian farmers uncompetitive the World market. Along with other Canadian business

Comment

Under the current land price structure that is fantasy. Our grains sell based on world price. Fert is still a variable cost. Food will cost more.
            Maybe possible after the UN's planned wealth rearrangement. Then land price won't be factored in.
            Sorry to burst your bubble WalterM.

Comment

Chuck smiling right now
              Every farmer paying the max to benit a few with zero climate change
              Hmmmm wealth transfer

Comment

This is awesome right on.
                Let's fertilize less grow less people will starve and we ll actually make the same money. He is brilliant?!!!!

Comment

Unless you've heard any update today to their plans I believe the special conditions applied to the 4 industries in early August where competitiveness was a concern will apply. That would make the effect on fertilizer minimal I believe. The 4 industries were cement, iron and steel, lime and nitrogen fertiliser.

Some information here

http://www.canada.ca/en/services/environment/weather/climatechange/climate-action/pricing-carbon-pollution/output-based-pricing-system-technical-backgrounder.html http://https://www.canada.ca/en/services/environment/weather/climatechange/climate-action/pricing-carbon-pollution/output-based-pricing-system-technical-backgrounder.html

Comment

Add to the carbon insanity the fact that the two B-loads of straight urea that were delivered to my farm today came from Clavet, 300 kms away....when the Belle Plain plant is only 100 kms away from my yard.

The whole system is broken...government and Enviros are all up in arms about becoming more energy efficient!!!! Was that energy efficient. Was the Urea that was delivered to my farm last year in 24 tonne loads efficient? Guess where that came from...the only safe guess would be Minnesota or North Dakota.

Maybe we need a full blown collapse of the whole system to instill a semblance of sanity back into it. The affects of affluence creates inefficiency
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 23, 2018, 17:34.

Comment

Goodale said today that farmers won’t be affected by the carbon tax.

Talk about clueless...

Comment

The most important 8 pages you might read this year.

http://www.amazingcarbon.com/PDF/JONES%20%27Nitrogen%27%20(21July14).pdf

Comment

Austranda should be banned from agriville I am sick of this TROLL. Believe it or not you will be charged because they can.

Comment

Austidiot, I hate to burst your brain bubble but our part of the world is frozen solid for 6 months out of the year. I guess your cut and paste info didn’t take that into account. You can keep your info down under.

Comment

Forget that baloney. There is no money in leaving idle farmland. There is rent/mortgage/taxes. Fuel for tillage , land erosion. One third to half the yeild of best management practices and the world will starve.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...