• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop lifters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop lifters

Trying to cut wheat with 21 foot macdon. Lodged horribly. I have schumaker lifters approx 18 inches apart.

Neighbor says flexifingers are horrible. Snap off if you have to back up. Says the old dutch lifters are still the best.

What so you guys like?

Thanks

I have a stack in the shed of every type, except the flex I finger - had them for one field and sold them-couldn’t make them work in wet clay. I have had the best outcome for several years with the stubby McKay. They are durable and pick up as good as any even in wet soil conditions. Good luck!

Comment

I have used Dutch lifters on a Macdon swather which worked good. I run a set of westward lifters on my straight cut header which also worked well 2 years ago,on lodged wheat. The westwards are made of spring steel which allows them to flex but can break the odd one. The Dutch lifters are solid with no give but could cause header damage if you hit something. Hope this helps you. Good luck!

Comment

I have some flexi-finger lifters if u wanna take them. But u won’t like them. I agree with the Dutch comment.

Comment

McKay stubby lifters here as well use them on both combine headers and the swather. Seem reasonably priced imo and hold up pretty good, break the odd one.

Comment

I have the old fixed Dutch lifters on my swather, never take them off. I also have a pickup reel but find the lifters are of more benefit than the reel usually.

Comment

Borrowed most of a set of dutch from my friendly neighbor. How far apart do you space them? I have them on every 4th finger.
              I like that I can set my reel further ahead and lower to scratch at the ground without catching and pulling one into the reel.
              Thanks for the advice.
              Last edited by Ronski; Oct 15, 2018, 20:57.

Comment

Mine are about a foot apart, only use them for wheat. Maybe have to be closer for something like lentils, IDK.

Comment

I was short 4 dutch lifters so ran in to grab more this morning and looked at the stubby mckays. They looked good so I brought 1 home to try with the dutch.
                  The bolt end is to long to fit on an old macdon header. Jd 2360, mf885, westward 7000 etc.
                  Just hoping to save somebody else from buying a set and learning for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronski View Post
                    I was short 4 dutch lifters so ran in to grab more this morning and looked at the stubby mckays. They looked good so I brought 1 home to try with the dutch.
                    The bolt end is to long to fit on an old macdon header. Jd 2360, mf885, westward 7000 etc.
                    Just hoping to save somebody else from buying a set and learning for themselves.
                    They make a couple different sizes for different guards, talk to your retailer likely just give you the wrong one. Happened to me too that's how I know, looked like they should fit but didn't. The set screws don't tighten up on mine, talked to McKay and they said most guys just throw them away anyhow. I've had decent luck with them, only lost one, haven't broke any.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.