• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday thank you notes

Another week of zero progress ....

Thank you for some sunshine....

Thank you for 22 moisture in crops...

Thank you for some full elevators. ...

Thank you for more mandatory fees for growing grain.....it's coming....where exactly is the return on investment on my checkoff funds?....trailing fees....

Thank you for another excuse to steal from my farm....

Thank you for not building bins earlier in summer....grain prices have dropped since harvest began or not improved much to pay for the bin payment....at least some left at higher prices....

Thank you for not having a profitabe crop option for next year unless it's like 75bpa....volume...

Thank you to Meg Reynolds for trying to talk to MPs.... ...some even called themselves farmers....the Dreeshans are now primarily generational political hacks....not much different than 25 years ago for young people starting out....BTW Megz GARS is whole farm insurance ...it's not better...don't do company advertising. ...they have people to do that. ...

Thank you for stress to find ways to think of retiring....

Thank you to the media that follows the sale of a house instead of the stress of farming...

Dud I get most of what was the weeks news?

Oh thank you Russia for kicking our ass in building ag infrastructure.... they used to have vodka loving farmers not so much anymore ...production is growing ....soon we will have stoned Canadian farmers....and fall behind like the former Russian state.... we are so backwards but I let dummies represent us....but don't question ****heads taking our checkoff money ....they get offended....

I Big thank you to the Sask Ag and Food staff. You do such a great job with Fun with Math. No mention that harvest has stalled it just was about where we should be for this time of year and it's only the NW with Issues.

A Bigger thank you to the same Grain Companies that pretend to work with farmers and farmers are the best things going on. Then Drop the price to historic low levels because guys are desperate and need to get products to a safe place. The same companies have dryers that just are broken down. Go figure.

Bigger yet thank you to Federated Coop. You plan a Propane shortage in the best way possible. No gas for you.

Even Bigger thank you goes to MAD MAX with your Peoples party that's really just the MAX Party of One. You just found a way to have four more years of the Fool. Congratulations.

Finally, the BIGGEST Thank you go to Mother Nature. I needed a rest for the last three weeks and love the harvest that is one day every 7. It's so awesome to Skate by my swaths on the big pond. Funny how the GEESE just land and slide. Love how Toronto is plus 28 and was what min -14. Ah, keep up the good work.

Oh, Hell one more big thank you to David Phillips of Environment Canada with the STick that in 7 days out its awesome, then scale it back every day.

Comment

Maybe everyone has seen this explanation of how weather forecasting works....

Comment

Thank you for the chuckle....

Comment

A change is on our doorstep after one last kick in the nuts 🥜 , thanks Mother Nature.
          Thanks for finally getting my hot water working after 7 days of cold showers
          Thanks to RUH for getting my Mom back in shape and safely home yesterday.
          Thanks for leaving one field of wheat standing from relentless snow the past month that we actually finished last night .
          Thanks for finally getting enough grain off to fill our Sept contracts .
          Thanks to Arctic Therm heaters for doing there job drying 2 , 5000 bus hoppers at a time each , kept us moving in the field when possible...... without burning any propane ,gas or diesel. Those flameless heaters do as advertised 👍
          Even though it snowed again hard Sunday , it was a better week. Let’s hope we all get at least two weeks of better weather now that the jet stream is moving 👍👍. .... after 6 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            I Big thank you to the Sask Ag and Food staff. You do such a great job with Fun with Math. No mention that harvest has stalled it just was about where we should be for this time of year and it's only the NW with Issues.

A Bigger thank you to the same Grain Companies that pretend to work with farmers and farmers are the best things going on. Then Drop the price to historic low levels because guys are desperate and need to get products to a safe place. The same companies have dryers that just are broken down. Go figure.

Bigger yet thank you to Federated Coop. You plan a Propane shortage in the best way possible. No gas for you.

Even Bigger thank you goes to MAD MAX with your Peoples party that's really just the MAX Party of One. You just found a way to have four more years of the Fool. Congratulations.

Finally, the BIGGEST Thank you go to Mother Nature. I needed a rest for the last three weeks and love the harvest that is one day every 7. It's so awesome to Skate by my swaths on the big pond. Funny how the GEESE just land and slide. Love how Toronto is plus 28 and was what min -14. Ah, keep up the good work.

Oh, Hell one more big thank you to David Phillips of Environment Canada with the STick that in 7 days out its awesome, then scale it back every day.
            federated co-ops chickens will come home to roost very soon
            talked to at least 3 farmers here that said they will never buy an ounce of fuel from them again
            they reallly shot themselves in the foot over this one
            superior seems to b doing a really good job here

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              federated co-ops chickens will come home to roost very soon
              talked to at least 3 farmers here that said they will never buy an ounce of fuel from them again
              they reallly shot themselves in the foot over this one
              superior seems to b doing a really good job here
              Federated Coop logistic issues that created this propane “shortage” which coincidentally increased the price 25% since late August.

If this is due to them having a shortage of trained drivers on their staff and bad planning would this be considered gouging during a desperate time?

Comment

I’m thankful the grain companies keep me updated daily how shitty the prices are, it really helps me out as I’ve been so busy harvesting.
                I’m really thankful they put he price of wheat up yesterday, now it’s .25 away from the high last year.
                Thankful the retailers call me weekly to explain the prices for canola seed and fert will be going up month end. Some have even come up with no pay no interest till Sept 19. What a deal!! They have increased the price/bag to make up some of the “lost” revenue.
                Lastly, thankful for my wife who has been beside me the last month, some days I wasn’t the best person to be around. At least I can say this thank you isn’t a smart assed one.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                  I’m thankful the grain companies keep me updated daily how shitty the prices are, it really helps me out as I’ve been so busy harvesting.
                  I’m really thankful they put he price of wheat up yesterday, now it’s .25 away from the high last year.
                  Thankful the retailers call me weekly to explain the prices for canola seed and fert will be going up month end. Some have even come up with no pay no interest till Sept 19. What a deal!! They have increased the price/bag to make up some of the “lost” revenue.
                  Lastly, thankful for my wife who has been beside me the last month, some days I wasn’t the best person to be around. At least I can say this thank you isn’t a smart assed one.
                  That one right there nearly makes me go postal! Happened in 2016 as well. Leaches phoning telling me I need to order and pay right away because its a great deal and prices are going up. FML! Like 2016 I'm struggling to get the current years crop off the field, and you're already harassing me about inputs for next year? GO GET BENT!

But yes.

Thank you to my wife and kids who manage to make me smile even as i pace from window to window uttering obscenities as I look at the snow and wonder what has happened to the sun.

Thank you to neighbors who have a coffee pot always on and try to make each other laugh.

Thank you to my liver for not giving up on me!

Thank you to the weather man for always hanging that carrot a week out. Good god, it looks like they might finally be right this time though. Was on the computer I have in the shop the other day and the last time I reloaded env canada's site was last saturday. It said 30% chance of showers on monday, with plus 5-10 temperatures and sunshine the remainder of the week. If it wasn't so sad it'd damned near be funny. Monday through tuesday ended up delivering a hearty 6-8" of wet sloppy snow, and the remainder of the week gave dreary cloud filled days of 0 to +3.

Thank you Bucket, for the friday Thank you's.

Comment

You are welcome ...I don't go to coffee shops....other than the local JD for free coffee on their overpriced parts....

A thank you to AV people that chime in for a conversation....

The best we will get from any government is a warning about mental health....

A conversation in any form will take the stress away knowing you are not in this sinking boat alone....
                    Last edited by bucket; Oct 12, 2018, 11:31.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                      That one right there nearly makes me go postal! Happened in 2016 as well. Leaches phoning telling me I need to order and pay right away because its a great deal and prices are going up. FML! Like 2016 I'm struggling to get the current years crop off the field, and you're already harassing me about inputs for next year? GO GET BENT!

But yes.

Thank you to my wife and kids who manage to make me smile even as i pace from window to window uttering obscenities as I look at the snow and wonder what has happened to the sun.

Thank you to neighbors who have a coffee pot always on and try to make each other laugh.

Thank you to my liver for not giving up on me!

Thank you to the weather man for always hanging that carrot a week out. Good god, it looks like they might finally be right this time though. Was on the computer I have in the shop the other day and the last time I reloaded env canada's site was last saturday. It said 30% chance of showers on monday, with plus 5-10 temperatures and sunshine the remainder of the week. If it wasn't so sad it'd damned near be funny. Monday through tuesday ended up delivering a hearty 6-8" of wet sloppy snow, and the remainder of the week gave dreary cloud filled days of 0 to +3.

Thank you Bucket, for the friday Thank you's.
                      Can you imagine what environment Canada would have forecast if Harper hadn't given them almost 80 mil to give us better forecasts. With no checks and balances or repercussions in place of course for being totally wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
                        Can you imagine what environment Canada would have forecast if Harper hadn't given them almost 80 mil to give us better forecasts. With no checks and balances or repercussions in place of course for being totally wrong.
                        If that cash went to revamping their super computers to generate the GDPS and RDPS models, it was a waste of cash. Those models have been the most consistently wrong out of all of them IMO this year.

Comment

other than the local JD for free coffee on their overpriced parts.... Pattison can afford FREE coffee, if gouging elsewhere!

Oh yes, meteorologist, only occupation where you get PAID even if 100% wrong! What a plumb job!

Absolutely agree if not for wife and sons, I would be far away from 93% done, wheat all dried, 90 acres canola to go....
                          Thank you for almost no snow, but our turn, we got F'd one spring, 18" when almost none of you saw snow.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                            [I][U]
                            Oh yes, meteorologist, only occupation where you get PAID even if 100% wrong! What a plumb job!
                            You forgot climate change researcher.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              You forgot climate change researcher.
                              Hell ya THEY are paid to spew totally FALSE, misleading, fear mongering, scary information, made up statistics, total BULLSHIT claiming to know the temperature of the WHOLE EARTH to the hundredth of a degree for millions of years previous and a hundred years into the future!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...