• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    A change is on our doorstep after one last kick in the nuts 🥜 , thanks Mother Nature.
    Thanks for finally getting my hot water working after 7 days of cold showers
    Thanks to RUH for getting my Mom back in shape and safely home yesterday.
    Thanks for leaving one field of wheat standing from relentless snow the past month that we actually finished last night .
    Thanks for finally getting enough grain off to fill our Sept contracts .
    Thanks to Arctic Therm heaters for doing there job drying 2 , 5000 bus hoppers at a time each , kept us moving in the field when possible...... without burning any propane ,gas or diesel. Those flameless heaters do as advertised 👍
    Even though it snowed again hard Sunday , it was a better week. Let’s hope we all get at least two weeks of better weather now that the jet stream is moving 👍👍. .... after 6 weeks
    Nice not to have to worry about gas , diesel or propane burners at all with these ...

Comment

Nice not to have to worry about gas , diesel or propane burners at all with these ...
      They run on liberal promises? In this country we obey the laws of thermodynamics. Where does the energy come from?

Comment

Hey furrow,what is the specs on that one,did you rent it.

Comment

What does it run on?

Comment

So the heat doesn’t magically appear. Do you have any idea what it is costing to dry your grain. Looks like a neat safe system.
            Our propane is costing around $0.09/bus. Removing 4.5-5 %. No idea on the power bill.

Comment

The Diesel engine runs a friction plate .
              Google them for more info .
              All I know is that they work very well . Absolutely dry heat .
              Just increase engine rpm to increase oil pressure and thus the heat generated.
              We are running them around 160 to 180 deg F . Just pull a tandem load out after two days and let er go anouther day or two . Drying about 1 to 1.5 points per day.

They are used all over the oil patch in Alberta .
              We fill the fuel tank about every 3-4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyharrows View Post
                Hey furrow,what is the specs on that one,did you rent it.
                600,000 btu . Yes we rented two of them . Set up on four 5000 bus bins .
                There are larger ones at 1.2 mil btu

Comment

Originally posted by saskshafe View Post
                  So the heat doesn’t magically appear. Do you have any idea what it is costing to dry your grain. Looks like a neat safe system.
                  Our propane is costing around $0.09/bus. Removing 4.5-5 %. No idea on the power bill.
                  "Friction disk" technology is all they'll admit to. Yeah that whole bottom black part is a diesel tank. In this country thermodynamic rules still apply apparently. Sure hope they at least duct the radiator heat into the outlet too. Lose a hell of a lot of btu's up the exhaust making it 'clean' heat. It cost me about $0.30/bu propane only to dry several thousand bushels of feed wheat from 23% to 13.5% at -3c air temp with a Farm Fans dryer. **** that. Wheat can stay in the field and I'll dry the canola.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                    "Friction disk" technology is all they'll admit to. Yeah that whole bottom black part is a diesel tank. In this country thermodynamic rules still apply apparently. Sure hope they at least duct the radiator heat into the outlet too. Lose a hell of a lot of btu's up the exhaust making it 'clean' heat. It cost me about $0.30/bu propane only to dry several thousand bushels of feed wheat from 23% to 13.5% at -3c air temp with a Farm Fans dryer. **** that. Wheat can stay in the field and I'll dry the canola.
                    We did some canola from 16.5 to 12 ish in 4 days then hauled er out to elevator
                    Got some wheat from 19.5 down to dry in about 4 days .
                    Did not do a lot at those moisture levels but just wanted to see what they were capable of.
                    Doing wheat now in at 16.5 to 17 . Will haul out Monday .
                    We just rented to give us some leeway in combine time until Grain was drier in field ... but looks like we will be using a bit more lol

Comment

Neat system furrow.

Comment

The Diesel engine runs a friction plate .
                        Google them for more info .
                        All I know is that they work very well . Absolutely dry heat .
                        Just increase engine rpm to increase oil pressure and thus the heat generated.
                        We are running them around 160 to 180 deg F . Just pull a tandem load out after two days and let er go anouther day or two . Drying about 1 to 1.5 points per day.

They are used all over the oil patch in Alberta .
                        We fill the fuel tank about every 3-4 days.
                        You must have grain at 3% moisture grain with 160-180 F temps. Never hear of that much heat in an aeration bin.

Any problems with condensation or damaging the over dry grain while moving it?

Comment

600,000 btu . Yes we rented two of them . Set up on four 5000 bus bins .
                          There are larger ones at 1.2 mil btu
                          Furrow; do you mind me asking what the approx cost was to rent a 600K btu unit? I'm looking a Artic Therm or Conelly Max. The 700k btu Conelly is $2850/week and burns about 100gal fuel every 13hrs. How is the AT on fuel? Did you run them 24/7? How big are your air fans on bin? Any spoilage? how full did you fill the 5000's? I'm dealing with 26,000 cold barley that quite damp and want to get it down about 4 points to go to feedlot. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by OvernOut View Post
                            Furrow; do you mind me asking what the approx cost was to rent a 600K btu unit? I'm looking a Artic Therm or Conelly Max. The 700k btu Conelly is $2850/week and burns about 100gal fuel every 13hrs. How is the AT on fuel? Did you run them 24/7? How big are your air fans on bin? Any spoilage? how full did you fill the 5000's? I'm dealing with 26,000 cold barley that quite damp and want to get it down about 4 points to go to feedlot. Thanks.
                            Was $3600/month per unit
                            Still playing with amounts in bins
                            Looks like best best results are about 3500 bus in 5000 bus bin . Take 500 bus out after about 2 days to get damp cone off top and get the around rocket .
                            Fuel totally depends on how hard you run it . Still playing with that as well but 200 gals will last at least 50 hrs at around 2100 rpm at 40 psi oil pressure and 160 deg heat. They claim around 4 gal / hr .. it’s close .
                            Yes run 24/7.
                            5 hp fans
                            Some hang up on walls and cone of bin , but minimal when empty . No real spoilage
                            Trick is to move a tandem load out after 24 hrs or so . Moves out real dry stuff and gets your toughest grain around rocket.
                            Ideally a fan on top of bin to draw out excess moisture and condensation would be helpful. Some bins have those exhaust fans . We do not but are looking at that possible option
                            Again we got these set up just to temporarily dry some grain until conditions improved . Learning as we go here as well . But at the end of the day , they work and I don’t have to worry about propane burners , deliveries and it’s dry heat.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                              You must have grain at 3% moisture grain with 160-180 F temps. Never hear of that much heat in an aeration bin.

Any problems with condensation or damaging the over dry grain while moving it?
                              Yes there is some condensation. A fan on top would be ideal to pull moisture right out of bin .
                              Yes some grain gets overdried if temp too high or you don’t move out some after a day or two.
                              We had zero issues at all at elevator with canola or wheat after drying it down.
                              Yes you could over dry and have issues if you put 20 moisture wheat in , hammer the heat and don’t rotate at all.
                              You can run these heaters up to well over 200 deg . If you did that of course there would be overdrying issues lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                                What does it run on?
                                Just a Kabota Diesel engine .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...