• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well guys if you really want to know.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well guys if you really want to know.

You guys understand rainfall deciles i guess.
    Were currently on 0%
    Never thought zero was possibleClick image for larger version

Name:	cmate.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	778195

Some more info
    Click image for larger version

Name:	py.JPG
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	766817

Comment

explaination

Click image for larger version

Name:	info.JPG
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	766818

Comment

LOCK THE ****EN BINS!!! (if you can).

Comment

98 percent of my crop rotting on the ground, hard to talk intelligent.

Comment

Looks like 1 bin

Comment

"If you can"

I fully understand the predicament alot of people are in and included the disclaimer.

My apologies to anyone if the comment offended them.

Adversity shows up at the most inappropriate times.

I am done offering platitudes of hope but do wish everyone the most luck possible.

Comment

Thank you farma. I agree, I got all my fingers and toes crossed that the weather breaks for for those that need it and gives everyone a chance to get this in the bin.

I am still optimistic, and That’s not a bad thing.

Sometimes we all need a little luck and I think it will still come. Luck has always been close by for us. Just tonight putting the boys to bed, I was telling them various stories about all the luck I have had, from injury to business to love. (Well never lucky at craven or at the longbranch but maybe I was depending on the perspective). Luck is often just a matter of perspective. Never give up on luck and it won’t give up on you.

I always felt strongly about the adage that “we aren’t done until the neighbors are done”. Now it’s time to do as we say. Good luck everyone!

Let’s all get er done.

Comment

you guys are my "other family" and sounding board i can show you the good bad and ugly without fear or favour.

and winge when i want.

but i steer clear of politics .............

positive i will harvest 90% of my acres for hopefully 1 t ha wheat and barley canola 500 to 600 kg per ha

currently wheat barley not alot of diff the $380 to 410 on farm regargless of quality and canola will hit 700 according to experts......just have to get the above figures another 10mm rain "event" tommorow or sunday
                  will give breathing space.

fark snow in canada moisture excess in usa and drought in australia market says who gives a shit but market has moved in oz

Comment

Mallee I would gladly trade you the 3/4 inch of rain that is still falling here and supposed to switch to snow this afternoon for some sun. We beat out a couple of tandem loads yesterday of frozen 30% 54 lb feed wheat before the rain. Now the wind is 80kph but the fluffy canola swathes seem to be staying put from being soaked first. Out fixing fence today in the rain with a toque getting drenched is highly overrated. Couldn’t get rain during the growing season here and now it won’t quit. Hotter in the summer and cooler in the fall too. It’ll work out to average weather I guess but only 2/3 of a crop and that number is dropping daily. Can’t wait till this crop year is done one way or another.

Do you have enough feed for your flock? Hay has been crazy money here but most guys are covered at least.

Good luck🍀

Comment

Numbers have been reduced so will carry less stock over summer.

If summer rains occurs some feed weeds will come up.

Have hay from last year and of course will feed out expensive grain.

Comment

So Mallee, was it good management or just luck that you are farming fewer acres this year?

They say you have to be good to be lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                          So Mallee, was it good management or just luck that you are farming fewer acres this year?

They say you have to be good to be lucky.
                          Nothing good about my management mate but both maybe hustler struggler thinker maybe.

Our planting window is mid/late april to 10 th of june. Hopefully rains come late march and april for seeding to commence and good storms have fallen over dec jan feb to provide subsoil moisture. Also a swing to dry high risk seeding and get weeds later if it dont rain spent big bucks on a failed crop that may not germinate.

Our last double digit rainfall in mm meaning 10mm or over was november 17th 2017 and prior to that august 10th 2017. So soils were dry,dry as a nuns wizzer.

Planting time came and we had spasmodic light falls to germinate some weeds.

Weather models and forecasters and gut feel suggested dry would continue until june at least even july.

Also grain prices were crap at the time and sheep and wool in stratosphere.

So d-day came sprayed off 80% intended acres so a drop of 20%.Paddocks dropped off had ok feed for livestock. Then once seeding commenced made another decision to drop another 15% but these paddocks were sown with vetch and oats for livestock or hay and poor mans break crop.

Some nieghbours decided not to crop at all other when full noise. I was somewere in the middle.

Now some have grazed crops, some have baled them up other like me hoping for crop will take photos this arvo currently 8 am sunday morning and please no laughter but will accept humour lol.

Funny though i should maybe be a climate change supporter but im not but not a sceptic either sit on the fence and look at both sides try to keep out of the pointless debates.

Since climate change talk occured from say mid 80s our rainfall has actually increased but distributuion changed big time, but rain anythime of the year stores moisture for us.

end of sunday day sermon.

Comment

Don't worry you won't get laughter from me about your situation. I farm in an area called the palliser triangle where before the country was settled, one of the first explorers thought the area in the triangle was unproductive and shouldn't be settled, let alone farmed.

Most years we are looking for the next rain, on the verge of a crop failure. Sometimes we get the needed rain, sometimes not.

I won't ever make fun of someone else's plight. Good luck.

Comment

Hope it turns around for you Mallee, couldn't imagine being that dry.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...