• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181011_115223.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	766821Click image for larger version

Name:	20181011_114949.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	766822

This is our combines, yesterday afternoon. I'd say it will be a few days before we are going.

Comment

Sodbuster your wheat was standing to be able to swath it that nice.

Lep you will need a few days wow that will take a while to melt.

We still have snow on the north side of swaths yesterday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HmNMNobMThq+6pRXpawaDw.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	766823

Regina has a skiff this morning, I hope north of the valley we got nothing in form of white stuff. Windy.

Comment

This was two nights ago .. the last of our standing wheat ..

The rest is lodged and had snow and ice in it

Comment

It’s put the sprayer and headers away. We’re done weed control for 2018. Little more than a skiff of snow.

Looks like we had rain before they froze solid everything.

Fat lady is taking a Halls.

Can’t see with 4 and 5 maybe a week of warm to finish. We’ll need till Wednesday to start agai.
          F$&king weather.

Comment

Up to 93% done, 9.8% MT...Click image for larger version

Name:	026.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	766824

Comment

Your not going today?

Comment

No, pic from Oct 9, MT similar 10 & 11, and yesterday till noon. 5 miles north and 10 miles south had snow we missed, just real lucky, nothing else. Location location, next time one gets stomped on....Click image for larger version

Name:	AB CANOLA HARVEST VS 10 YR.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	766825 that is so sad
                Last edited by fjlip; Oct 13, 2018, 15:14.

Comment

The snow we got here this past Monday and Tuesday
                  Won’t be nothing going here until at least Tuesday next week

Comment

had some real good goin here this mornin, got down to 12.5
                    ***** of a wind, swaths were flipping
                    snow was gone even on the north side
                    now it's a god damn blizzard , 3" already

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      had some real good goin here this mornin, got down to 12.5
                      ***** of a wind, swaths were flipping
                      snow was gone even on the north side
                      now it's a god damn blizzard , 3" already
                      Only thing that kept our fluffy canola swathes put was the 3/4” of rain before the blizzard (not sure to be thankful about that though?). Our snow totals since September 11 have been at least 18” (too depressing to keep track of really) and only 12% of our pathetic soggy and frozen crop in the bin. We’ve spent as much time harvesting and swathing as we should have to get the whole crop in this year. If this crop was a cow on our place the .243 would have put it out of it’s misery already.

This was supposed to be baled dry for the alfalfa plant and make some good money. That’s not going to happen so instead we’re fixing up five miles of fence to graze these fields instead.

The caragana and lilac were miserable on the high ground while the willows overtook the low ground on this half mile stretch. My Stihl and I persevered and reinforced my opinion that trees should not exist within a quarter mile of a fence.

Stopped early today for Dad’s birthday. Normally we wait till after harvest for this but he doesn’t want to wait till spring apparently 😉

I love the view from their place (minus the white stuff). You get views to the south and east of 60 miles and on really clear days you can see the mountains which would be about 200 miles west. We’re pretty “high” around here and it’s not even October 17 yet which ironically is my Dad’s actual birthday. 😎

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post

A depressingly familiar picture woodland. Seems like that's all I've done from spring through to now. Completely fenced and cross-fenced 6 quarters to secure extra grazing for our herd. Through bush and sloughs, ticks and heat and then snow and cold. The end is in sight though - I reckon a couple of hours left but it can wait for the warm up just around the corner!

Comment

Woodland and Grassy...if terrain allows wouldn't running a 15 foot mower around the perimeter of pastures(maybe two passes) along the fences to keep the brush back help? Fencing in trees and brush sucks.

Mother nature is very persistent. And she will win out in the end if you let your guard down. She has a way of reclaiming what she wants if your guard is lowered. We have hay sloughs here that have been clean cut for years, decades, that willows still try to re-establish themselves in.

Comment

Or do like most guys in our area hire a Cat or track hoe and clean along the fence then mow once a year. Even on rented. It has a cost.
                            Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Oct 14, 2018, 08:38.

Comment

Snow after the rain on Friday to Saturday. Sunny and 0 today snow almost gone maybe Tuesday with dryer.

Comment

Shit it’s cool the NW Wind today

Prime rib almost ready.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.