• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurricane Michael going to improve harvest weather.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Michael going to improve harvest weather.

The last hurricane pushed into the middle of the US. That massive swirl of air needs a lot of air rushing in to fill the void of air in the eye of the hurricane. The jet stream has been pulling air out of the artic for the last month to replace the air from the last hurricane because it ran to the Center of the US. Has also been dumping rain into middle of the US that got pulled up from the south and west.

Now the new hurricane Michael is projected to run from the Gulf of Mexico up the east coast. If Michael remains strong enough as it gets north it is going to need replacement air, which should switch the jet stream back to pulling air from the west coast across to the east coast to feed the hurricane.

Air from the west coast should be WARM. Last hurricane took about 3 days for the major air change after the hurricane hit the middle of the US. So about 3 days after the hurricane hits the NE of the US should bring us a weather change.

So, you read it here first. Better weather coming by the middle to end of next week if hurricane Michael can keep its strength as it runs up the coast.

Makes sense..hope your right..

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
      The last hurricane pushed into the middle of the US. That massive swirl of air needs a lot of air rushing in to fill the void of air in the eye of the hurricane. The jet stream has been pulling air out of the artic for the last month to replace the air from the last hurricane because it ran to the Center of the US. Has also been dumping rain into middle of the US that got pulled up from the south and west.

Now the new hurricane Michael is projected to run from the Gulf of Mexico up the east coast. If Michael remains strong enough as it gets north it is going to need replacement air, which should switch the jet stream back to pulling air from the west coast across to the east coast to feed the hurricane.

Air from the west coast should be WARM. Last hurricane took about 3 days for the major air change after the hurricane hit the middle of the US. So about 3 days after the hurricane hits the NE of the US should bring us a weather change.

So, you read it here first. Better weather coming by the middle to end of next week if hurricane Michael can keep its strength as it runs up the coast.
      There's also Sergio on the west coast and a Mexican monsoon at play. Both headed toward the great lakes. What I'm getting is relatively little precip till Dec 7 but frigging cold by month end. So if it isn't melted by then that's the last crack at it

Comment

It's gonna take a lot of improving...Snow areas Oct 9(clouds to the south)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Snow Oct 9 18.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	766810

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
          It's gonna take a lot of improving...Snow areas Oct 9(clouds to the south)
          [ATTACH]3514[/ATTACH]
          Interesting picture 101. Where did you find that ?

Comment

Ground is getting cold next snow will not go.

Last night was brutal cold

Fat lady is standing up

Comment

Clearing her throat, walking to the mike.....

How about that satellite pic without clouds...No snow here but all around us...just can't be rid of those evil clouds, evil effects like the SMOKE, volcanoes. Oh but it's too F*ing HOT, Climate Change Nazis and their propaganda!
              Last edited by fjlip; Oct 10, 2018, 10:10.

Comment

I don’t like the weather pattern

Comment

Very 1 st time in 5 weeks this finally shows a pattern shift 5 days from now ...

Up till now it has showed cold and wet with no movement in jet stream .
                  Shitty thing is we are still under snow with more rain or snow Friday before the change happens . Days are getting short and time is running out on everyone.

Comment

Betcha we get 2-3 weeks of abotiginal summer with way hotter than normal temps
                    Oh and that will make the news

Comment

Originally posted by redleaf View Post
                      Interesting picture 101. Where did you find that ?

https://remotepixel.ca/projects/viirsmodis_compare.html https://remotepixel.ca/projects/viirsmodis_compare.html

Comment

Well one SWAG is as good as another. And I like the positive ones.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Well one SWAG is as good as another. And I like the positive ones.
                          I guess it costs the same to dream good as bad but anyone who tells you this weather is going to smarten up before May has been into the PM's favorite mood altering substance.

Its over. That sux for some guys but the fact that it sux doesn't change what is.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
                            I guess it costs the same to dream good as bad but anyone who tells you this weather is going to smarten up before May has been into the PM's favorite mood altering substance.

Its over. That sux for some guys but the fact that it sux doesn't change what is.
                            I Know damn well getting this crop off is a foregone conclusion. All a guy has is hope but 7” wet snow makes that a fools errand.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                              I Know damn well getting this crop off is a foregone conclusion. All a guy has is hope but 7” wet snow makes that a fools errand.
                              I remember another weird weather year in AB when our neighbours took off a lot of their crop the last week of November/first week December in an area where the snow normally lies deep from Nov 1st to April 1st. The snow came and then it went again that year. Hopefully you'll get a window.
                              We're finally getting some cover crop greenfeed put up as silage this week after it's been lying for 3 weeks. Never say never...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.