• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain moisture.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain moisture.

Yesterday we tested a flax sample...about 14.4. I didn't think that was bad for having wet snow hanging on it twice in the last week. The swathed flax field beside was "soaking" wet...yikes...with a wee bit of snow still on it on the north side of the swaths. There is still remnants of snow laying around here...probably will go away after today.

The "on again off again" forecast from Revenue Canada(lol) has taken the precipitation away here for early this week. Probably be back in the forecast later today or tomorrow. This might be the week we fold up the 2018 harvest circus tent for good...I "hope"!

Edit in: Yesterday the humidity didn't come down below 60%. Slow drying. The last time, last Saturday and Sunday, we were able to harvest dry flax the humidity was in the 40's and maybe dipped below 40 for an hour or two a day.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 7, 2018, 07:00.

It did get rid of most of the snow but for drying the land and crop virtually nothing.

Oh well did get to come back to Regina Early and go to Globe Theater plus watch the Fight after on Pay per View.

Ah, Saturday night.

Comment

HappyvThanksgiving and Good Luck thrashers👍, hope some one brings Thanksgiving dinner out to you. 🦃

Comment

Finally some dry grain .... canola below 10
        Of course there is snow/ rain coming again starting tonight but at least get some dry canola off ..... of nothing blows up 😬

Comment

Giver I’m going to see what our wheat is at the snow left last night.
          Windy all day maybe 21

Comment

20 percent yesterday....

Comment

Well it’s still very tough and min snow in standing ok flat wheat.

Testing 22.8

Tomorrow is go time.

Comment

SF3 you must have some real sandy soil. No mud at all from that swather. I have had only 1.5" of moisture in the last month on my clay soils and you can't drive in 2wd in the pickup truck any time in the last 3 weeks.

Wheat actually looks very good quality yet, perhaps there is hope yet for this crop.

Good luck to everyone that is going. And more good luck to come for all those who still can't harvest, our time is coming yet this fall.

Comment

Clay loam up here not a problem.

Now trucks in the field might be a issue

Comment

[QUOTE=SASKFARMER3;391524]Well it’s still very tough and min snow in standing ok flat wheat.

SF3, I think I see a sprout!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      Well it’s still very tough and min snow in standing ok flat wheat.

Testing 22.8

Tomorrow is go time.

Your camera sure takes good pics
                      What kinda phone is that ?

Comment

Got another 1/4 done some at 10 and some at 11.5
                        Wet snow and rain here again

Comment

I hasn’t rained or snowed in a week and ground is still sticky doing standing wheat

Comment

This shit today at 10 am. It was all the way to the valley with less than 100 ft then cleared all way to the yard and now rolling in again.

Propane is empty I guess no fill last night.

Happy Thanksgiving I’m searching

Comment

New iPhone 10x

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...