• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubleshooting grain gaurd aeriation heater

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshooting grain gaurd aeriation heater

from coop , same as edwards , I think . stays lit to long to be a thermocoupler or air switch problem . anyone had any experience with these.

Flame out? It sounds like the wind is blowing the flame out. Try reducing the wind or increasing fuel supply. Maybe plugged screen in the fuel line.

Comment

Throw it in the garbage once the colder nights come you will have 2 feet of froze grain around the edge of the bin due to moisture from the propane itself. Go buy a Herman Nelson heater and blow clean dry warm air into the bin. Diesel preferred due to price that propane is.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        Throw it in the garbage once the colder nights come you will have 2 feet of froze grain around the edge of the bin due to moisture from the propane itself. Go buy a Herman Nelson heater and blow clean dry warm air into the bin. Diesel preferred due to price that propane is.
        Yes agreed I have one, never could get the thing to stay lit, flame always weak. Wasted countless hours fiddling with it tech support told me static pressure too high even with bin half full. Buy a frost fighter.

Comment

who the **** is using propane ???.? you make too many assumptions . it has the same moisture in it as our NG dryer does , I guess . Herman nelson , that's a ****ing laugh, not to many safety controls on that , lol. lots of bins got burnt years ago till guys figured out to steer clear of those ****ing things . not to good if your fan stops, ffs .
          I'm burnin cheap, cheap, cheap natural gas
          had wrote it off until I finally figured out how to use it
          the secret is to only run heater at night , run fan 24/7 , if you run heater all the time it tries to dry to quick and rains inside of bin ,(sounds like your adventure you had) . don't you have NG there ??? , so it works like sweat drying , if you know what that is ? we have dried several 2000 bu bins of wheat from 21 to13.5 in 5 days this fall. just a nice little overflow system to compliment our superb dryer . we have natural gas outlets that will service all 32 hopper bins in yard . if you need help using yours or "want to throw it in the garbage" give me a call and I will take it off your hands
          it is working good now , was just a pinched hose .
          thanks everyone else for the constructive help
          Last edited by Guest; Oct 6, 2018, 21:48.

Comment

As far as raining inside the bin, I've had fantastic luck with an evacuation fan placed into the center hole up top. Keeps the air moving, and gives considerably less condensation.

One fella around here had westeel engineer up an additional 10hp centrifugal fan into the roof to keep condensation down. It's quite the awkward looking contraption with a massive fan and ductwork built into one of the roof panels.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              who the **** is using propane ???.? you make too many assumptions . it has the same moisture in it as our NG dryer does , I guess . Herman nelson , that's a ****ing laugh, not to many safety controls on that , lol. lots of bins got burnt years ago till guys figured out to steer clear of those ****ing things . not to good if your fan stops, ffs .
              the secret is to only run heater at night , run fan 24/7 , if you run heater all the time it tries to dry to quick and rains inside of bin ,(sounds like your adventure you had) . don't you have NG there ??? , so it works like sweat drying , if you know what that is ? we have dried several 2000 bu bins of wheat from 21 to13.5 in 5 days this fall. just a nice little overflow system to compliment our superb dryer . we have natural gas outlets that will service all 32 hopper bins in yard . if you need help using yours or "want to throw it in the garbage" give me a call and I will take it off your hands
              Do you even know what rhe fk a Herman Nelson is? ??

It's indirect flame hooked up with an in bin thermostat safest thing there is your not doing 200 degrees your doing exactly what a hot summer day does. But go ahead be a dumbass smartass and blow your *** propane or natural gas straighten into your bin. Hahahahah omg hill billy 101 just to think your so smart.

And don't be stupid and shut your heat off at night the best drying is when you slowly raise your grain temperature throughout the bin when it's warm you won't have any frost what so ever in the bin. But go ahead do what you please.

Comment

I think opposite only run it during the day, sun keeps the tin warm so no condensation. Its something dont plan on using unless I have to. A dryer on natural gas would be nice, but not worth it for 5000 bushels. Most years air is all we need here.
                Last edited by biglentil; Oct 7, 2018, 01:40.

Comment

f
                  Do you even know what rhe fk a Herman Nelson is? ??

It's indirect flame hooked up with an in bin thermostat safest thing there is your not doing 200 degrees your doing exactly what a hot summer day does. But go ahead be a dumbass smartass and blow your *** propane or natural gas straighten into your bin. Hahahahah omg hill billy 101 just to think your so smart.

And don't be stupid and shut your heat off at night the best drying is when you slowly raise your grain temperature throughout the bin when it's warm you won't have any frost what so ever in the bin. But go ahead do what you please.
                  and yet , you are the dumbass , as you say , that had the two feet , yes folks, two feet of frozen grain around your hopper bin................
                  anybody that burned bins around here didn't have an air switch or in bin hi heat thermometer .....
                  i will say this slower so you understand , I. SHUT. THE. HEAT. OFF. IN THE DAYTIME
                  sounds like you have burnt a lot of things , like your tox o wik dryer you were spouting off to the guy looking for help on that
                  seems all you have is sarcastic remarks

Comment

f

and yet , you are the dumbass , as you say , that had the two feet , yes folks, two feet of frozen grain around your hopper bin................
                    anybody that burned bins around here didn't have an air switch or in bin hi heat thermometer .....
                    i will say this slower so you understand , I. SHUT. THE. HEAT. OFF. IN THE DAYTIME
                    sounds like you have burnt a lot of things , like your tox o wik dryer you were spouting off to the guy looking for help on that
                    seems all you have is sarcastic remarks
                    Never burnt anything and yes years ago tried the direct heaters propane and natural gas. Have several different yards some have access to natural gas some don't. On cold nights they would freeze the grain around the outside. Indirect heat would not 2 bins side by side.
                    As far as running daytime or night time if your not heating the air when humidity is high your likely pumping moisture back in whether it's day or night.

And not the indirect heaters fault if they don't have a temperature control who would t know if you don't shut off heat blowing constantly your going to have a problem. No wonder you burnt your bins down. Hahahaha
                    Also those direct flames you have to know how much wind your pushing through otherwise that flame can be pushed all the way into the air ducts almost directly on the grain

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                      I think opposite only run it during the day, sun keeps the tin warm so no condensation. Its something dont plan on using unless I have to. A dryer on natural gas would be nice, but not worth it for 5000 bushels. Most years air is all we need here.
                      I dont know , my thinking is that air is a lot wetter at night so heat better then ?
                      Checked opi cables this morninand grain temp on bottom 2 is 35 degrees, canola should be dry by the time that warm front gets through. Heat wont come up until grain is dry .Thats 5 days , canola was 14.5 goin in and list a night of heat when that hose was pinched.

Comment

Never burnt anything and yes years ago tried the direct heaters propane and natural gas. Have several different yards some have access to natural gas some don't. On cold nights they would freeze the grain around the outside. Indirect heat would not 2 bins side by side.
                        As far as running daytime or night time if your not heating the air when humidity is high your likely pumping moisture back in whether it's day or night.

And not the indirect heaters fault if they don't have a temperature control who would t know if you don't shut off heat blowing constantly your going to have a problem. No wonder you burnt your bins down. Hahahaha
                        Also those direct flames you have to know how much wind your pushing through otherwise that flame can be pushed all the way into the air ducts almost directly on the grain
                        Have a good day small wheel , hahshahahahahahsha
                        Gotta go combine dry canola

Comment

Have a good day small wheel , hahshahahahahahsha
                          Gotta go combine dry canola
                          Hahahaha have a great day hopeless. Case.
                          Running a heater on dry canola???
                          Hahahahaha

Comment

The man just wanted some help.
                            There are several safety cutouts on those things. Can be fussy in amount of airflow etc etc. Small Max btu anyway.
                            I would gladly sell mine. Worked last time I used it.
                            Years ago I bought a 500k btu ng heat exchanger that preheats intake air. Works flawlessly. Made by a company in Saskatoon I think. Good luck.

Comment

Hahahaha have a great day hopeless. Case.
                              Running a heater on dry canola???
                              Hahahahaha
                              I will say it slower for you
                              It. Went. In At. 14.5. 5. Days. Ago. I. Think. It. Is. Dry. This. Morning Because Grain. Temp. Is. Up. To. 35 For. The. First. Time.
                              please try and follow the conversation concentrate when you are reading .... its not that hard , if you really try
                              Hahahahahaha

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...