• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubleshooting grain gaurd aeriation heater

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    I will say it slower for you
    It. Went. In At. 14.5. 5. Days. Ago. I. Think. It. Is. Dry. This. Morning Because Grain. Temp. Is. Up. To. 35 For. The. First. Time.
    please try and follow the conversation concentrate when you are reading .... its not that hard , if you really try
    Hahahahahaha
    Outstanding hopeless case!!!! If it works for you great!!!
    Running those case s fortunately you won't have much to dry or is it dry? You keep changing your story. Hahahahaha

Comment

On a safety note just a reminder if your pumping air into a hooper don't be standing under it or around near it when unloading the bin. Lots of that froze up or wet stuck stuff can stay and then let go I ve heard of guys wreck augers and trucks when bin colllapses

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        Outstanding hopeless case!!!! If it works for you great!!!
        Running those case s fortunately you won't have much to dry or is it dry? You keep changing your story. Hahahahaha
        **** me are you ok
        5 days ago it went in bin at 14.5
        Today in the field we are combining dry canola ?
        Try and keep up
        Hahahahahaha

Comment

Hahahaha lmao!!! Now we know wher the escapee from the pa mental institute. Is.

Please take your pills!!! Hahahahahaha

Comment

CaseIh,

Could you expand a little more on your in bin drying with supplemental heat please.

I know you are putting 2000 bushels of canola in a bin, not sure if its 2000 bushels of wheat also when you do wheat? What diameter hopper bins do you use and which air system in the hopper bins? Also what horsepower fan and is it a full centrifugal or an inline centrifugal and lastly what btu's is the heater that you are using?

Sounds like you have a system that is working and I am all for learning how to better my operation. I take it that you have not had any rain falling inside the bin and making the canola or wheat stick to the sidewall of the bin and that you are not turning the canola or wheat during the drying process, is this correct?

Still 3" of snow on the ground here east of Calgary. Ground is too cold to melt the snow. What is the upper limit for moisture that you would put into a hopper bin with your heater system for say canola and wheat? I am thinking that 15% canola and 20% wheat would be upper end, but hoping to hear from those with first hand experience.

I have an old dryer that has not been used in 20-25 years, but it looks like that would take 2 months of get running, so really interested in this supplemental heat and aeration system. Only tried it a few times before with mixed results.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              The man just wanted some help.
              There are several safety cutouts on those things. Can be fussy in amount of airflow etc etc. Small Max btu anyway.
              I would gladly sell mine. Worked last time I used it.
              Years ago I bought a 500k btu ng heat exchanger that preheats intake air. Works flawlessly. Made by a company in Saskatoon I think. Good luck.
              Sounds like you have an Air O Matic. Yes they work great. Preset temperature and dry air going into bin.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                CaseIh,

Could you expand a little more on your in bin drying with supplemental heat please.

I know you are putting 2000 bushels of canola in a bin, not sure if its 2000 bushels of wheat also when you do wheat? What diameter hopper bins do you use and which air system in the hopper bins? Also what horsepower fan and is it a full centrifugal or an inline centrifugal and lastly what btu's is the heater that you are using?

Sounds like you have a system that is working and I am all for learning how to better my operation. I take it that you have not had any rain falling inside the bin and making the canola or wheat stick to the sidewall of the bin and that you are not turning the canola or wheat during the drying process, is this correct?

Still 3" of snow on the ground here east of Calgary. Ground is too cold to melt the snow. What is the upper limit for moisture that you would put into a hopper bin with your heater system for say canola and wheat? I am thinking that 15% canola and 20% wheat would be upper end, but hoping to hear from those with first hand experience.

I have an old dryer that has not been used in 20-25 years, but it looks like that would take 2 months of get running, so really interested in this supplemental heat and aeration system. Only tried it a few times before with mixed results.
                It is a 7 hp centrifugal
                We just use it to take a little bit of overflowvfrom our dryer
                If you leave heater rum continously moisture cant get out quick enough and runs down sidewalls and sticks , but if you run both at night and only run fan during day it is same principal as sweat drying superbee uses.
                We dried 5000 bu of seed wheat in 2200 westeel hopper bin 3/4 full
                After 6 days , 5 nights of heat i took it out and it was dry. Did that 3 times .
                Now i have canola im there did the same thing (went in at 14.5 mt)and opi cable on bottom two were at 35 degrees this mornin, it will be dry after that goes to the top
                Sure isnt a dryer but everybit helps
                Last edited by Guest; Oct 7, 2018, 19:22.

Comment

It is a 7 hp centrifugal
                  We just use it to take a little bit of overflowvfrom our dryer
                  If you leave heater rum continously moisture cant get out quick enough and runs down sidewalls and sticks , but if you run both at night and only run fan during day it is same principal as sweat drying superbee uses.
                  We dried 5000 bu of seed wheat in 2200 westeel hopper bin 3/4 full
                  After 6 days , 5 nights of heat i took it out and it was dry. Did that 3 times .
                  Now i have canola im there did the same thing (went in at 14.5 mt)and opi cable on bottom two were at 35 degrees this mornin, it will be dry after that goes to the top
                  Sure isnt a dryer but everybit helps
                  Is it the 100,000 btu 9x14 Edwards Heater or the larger 200,000 btu Edwards or the 400,000 btu air-o-matic that you use for the heat?

I tried the air-o-matic years ago and it worked ok, but really overdried the grain and I wonder if perhaps it was too large. Could also run way more bins at once if the 100,000 btu heater is all that’s needed.

Comment

Its the 200k btu 18”

Comment

Its the 200k btu 18”
                      Thanks,

I was hoping that 100,000 Btu's was going to work that fast, but was doubtful. 200,000 makes more sense.

Comment

Thanks,

I was hoping that 100,000 Btu's was going to work that fast, but was doubtful. 200,000 makes more sense.
                        no problem , if you want anymore info just pm me and I can give you my cell and you can text anytime .
                        good luck !

Comment

CaseIh,

sorry , hadn't read all your post
                          it's just a 2000 14 ft westeel on a hopper with an inverted v air system , simplest there is , the one I'm using now .

Comment

sorry , hadn't read all your post
                            it's just a 2000 14 ft westeel on a hopper with an inverted v air system , simplest there is , the one I'm using now .
                            Should have massive air flow with a 7 hp fan on that size of bin. Probably really helps to get the moist air out of the bin.

Hopefully Indian summer comes soon so I can get in the field.

Thanks for the insight into your bin drying set up.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                              On a safety note just a reminder if your pumping air into a hooper don't be standing under it or around near it when unloading the bin. Lots of that froze up or wet stuck stuff can stay and then let go I ve heard of guys wreck augers and trucks when bin colllapses

Whats left of 4000 bushels binned at 17 now 8%.

Comment

Do you get lots of temp increase alarms in the summer with the temp cable that close to the rocket?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...