• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0210.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	778187

The above i found yesterday an honest to god its how i feel.

Yes some have had snow longer and like i said last week i was fortunate to get a few days here and there to harvest. But furnace is running at night the ground is white again with second snow and this one was heavy.

Total moisture to get us to the best place for winter is only less than 3/4 of a inch away from my goal amount. More in three weeks than almost all summer.

Ground is back to having a great start for 2019.

But this is 2018 and what a sick sight snow is October 1st.

We had some luck with harvest 2018 Saturday and Sunday and did get two more very flat quarters of HRS Done.

We are now at 55.2% Complete.

Watch SaskAG and Food will be all RAh RAh and upbeat and bullshit the world that we are as a province at 70% or better. Manitoba i congratulate and Alberta last week with there crop reports. SImple and strait forward bad weather min harvest up from 32.6 to 33 as a example. Not the Bullshit from 52 to 60 plus.

took a 1/4 of canola at 14 yesterday , drying fast , 50 mins of grants gas only
    about 65% done , sure have been lucky with snow and rain compared to other areas , fields are dry
    can't believe how fast the straw in the swaths dries , still snow in shaded areas

Comment

Ok, I must be stressed or just Pissed at the weather instead of hitting the Edit button I submitted.

Name:	IMG_0201.jpg
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	766781

Ok, that is off my shoulders but nothing we can do just watch the train as its about to hit our truck and either hurt us real bad or kill us off.

Name:	mZHlbcVoQGqkDg+IMaWJ8g.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	766783
      So this week the sun shone for a brief time starting late Friday till maybe mid-Sunday. But we had heavy wet frost. All were going it didn't matter what the grain was testing.

The direct cut canola is almost all done and now guys have just the swath canola. It never did get dry but closer by one point than swath on sat and Sunday nothing dried at all.

HRS there are a few fields left but guys are switching to other crops as they are so flat from the snow harvest is very slow.

Name:	gGpXoJcHSh+2TOw6qsdXFg.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	766782

Next

Comment

Ground white here and more forecast tomorrow.
        When are canola buyers going to wake up? Or is there more canola combined than I think?
        Doubt it’s 30% done around here.

Comment

Name:	g2xqVl7vQmK4jcXh+ALVhw.jpg
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	766784

The above photo was Monday at noon. We had rain then Tuesday and took lots of snow but yesterday snow came again but everything is wet.

Name:	rvi4avloSZirm5iCo5a5Bw.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	766785

Ok, what are guys doing since the weather sucks?

Well, anyone I know who got drawn for Moose has already got theirs. Yea three guys and today is Thursday and all have a nice moose. Do we have way more than years ago, yes and are they healthy grain fed Yes. But why do we have hunts so that people don't die and hit them with their cars? The hunters do a great job at population control. Yes, they are an awesome animal to see in spring and summer and winter. But very dangerous. ON Sunday going home late after harvesting I was going really fast down our road and all of a sudden WTF is that big black, OH shit and missed him. So far no one got the Big Boss that is huge for our area. Click image for larger version

Name:	FuzPMUZSSOiWESapomE8sw.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	766786

On the wild horse front sadly someone hit two on the highway but no one has been injured just a very badly damaged car. So out of the 22 were down to 20 its a start.

The second thing going on is some are like me Kelly harrowing on days the snow is less deep. Hey, I think well seed again in 2019 so getting dirt ready.

The third is putting equipment away. All the guys who were going to do fall round up after harvest good luck everything is dead. Reason spraying in the crop is not for dry down but for land preparation for 2019.

Fourth is a no-brainer every dryer is running full bore. Propane has some issues being late but main truck broke down yesterday.

Fifth is new dryers and old are being rigged up. Then there are the guys trying to dry with heat to bins well it's past that.

Geese are starting to be a problem and crop that's flat might get left I hope they eat it all.

So again it's a shit show out there I'm glad the snow missed lots and you guys can harvest.

Were almost getting ready to chart a plan of attack.

Take best fields of canola and leave hail damaged or poorer.

Bag and dry then bin.

Get extra combines but the problem is most still have cropped out. Lots of crop out some didn't even go Saturday and Sunday.

Pick who will finish as our Average is down thanks to the flood years we only need maybe 11 quarters of really good and were over our guarantee and have no insurance. Sad insurance program but we have AG Stab in three years to help out then pay back.

(Seed 150 then harvest 128 because rest is flooded out get same as rest or lower because some areas had 6 plants growing so basically high spots. After 15 years your average is not great Welcome to the world of math) Its the program and we have to live with it but realistically it sucks.

Ok, the one topic I left off this week is our idiot Trudeau.

He for some reason loves the ones who hurt Canadians or citizens of Canada. He wants this country full of Immigrants who most don't care about our ways, He is destroying Canada financially and every trade mission was getting screwed. Hell, we can't even get a good deal on oil or gas or grain to other places without the USA's blessing. Ah WTF is going on.

But yesterday, when he and Ralph sided with a Killer who smashed a little girls head in with a hammer and the NDP and Liberals, held hands and SAng to save the SAvage that killed the little girl because she can be rehabilitated. How about the Victim you sick F#$Ks. No Trudeau gets his crew to vote down the bill to move her back to major jail and the general population and then the little ***** walks out before the vote to avoid what eye contact with the father. THen he complains the Conservatives are trying to use sadness as a weapon against his justice.

WHAT A SICK F#$K.

But like all things maybe there is a glimmer of sunshine and hope.

Politically the Liberal brand is having some issues and people of Canada are waking up. Congratulations on Quebec for waking up and voting to kick out Liberals and actually work on equalization. Thanks to NB who won but the liberals and greens can still make up a gov.

Thanks to Manitoba for getting their shit together and telling the idiot in Ottawa No Carbon TAx.

Nut case you're next then BC will fall. They can build a gas pipeline but oil is bad. Sad sad sad fools.

So we still have 27 days to get 4400 acres done. Yes mathematically it can happen and with a dryer, it should be possible.

Thanksgiving will be a sad day again at our house as the Canadian is never celebrated because 9 out of 10 were still harvesting.

So happy Thanks Giving to all who are done or close. Best in 2019.

BE safe as stress levels are skyrocketing but remember the market knows jack shit and the companies will take this crop as fast as you can harvest it. But the ones at home are way more important.

Have a great day lets hope, no pray the sun comes out and the wind blows and finally, Indian Summer can come.

Name:	IsFRX10qR3uz5VVI29rcrA.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	766787

Oh, thanks to our local repair shop for getting number 3 back and running great nice quick service.

Comment

Around $25,000,000 worth of crop out just in our tiny little RM. Some guys hardly started some almost done. Dont know of anyone who is done. Very very rare even small guys didnt finish up before the weather turned. Cereals are in tough shape after 2x big snow events. Doubt anyone will go after cereals when it does smarten up. More $/ac in canola or beans.

Comment

SF3, I have hundreds of goose decoys to rent out to help with that last bit of downed wheat, the "NO HUNTING" signs I'll throw in for free.

Comment

Is everyone comfortable with this storage chart? Combined some at 11.4, under +5C. Should be able to sleep, could even freeze it at night.Click image for larger version

Name:	Figure 2. Canola Storage Risk Increases with Temperature, Mositure and Time.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	766788
                Most are going if under 14, Pioneer bought some but their busy drying I guess, so no more deliveries. Very slow to dry, low temp, plugging screens sweating at this temp.
                Last edited by fjlip; Oct 4, 2018, 07:42.

Comment

So what happens if we do get two weeks of plus 20 and guys dont look at there bins.

Comment

While you wait to get combining maybe you could study this. Sorry I couldn't find one with tractors or trucks but the principle is the same.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 9.55.07 AM.jpg
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	766791

Comment

How many guys have had canola stored in 1950 bu bins heat on them over the years that was testing 10 or less! Guys are thinking that now it's ok to put canola in 5,000 or 10,000 or even bigger bins testing 13, 14 or higher percent moisture!? And dont even try and tell me oh but I've got air. Hahahahaaaaaa. There is going to be massive wrecks. Just keep on fooling yourselves with the not even tough, the damp grain storage. Just hope that if you lose a bin of grain that you dont actually lose the bin itself too. If you cant dry....you cant go. Why is unacceptable farm practices acceptable now. Yes guys are desperate but at the end of the day why spend the time and extra money to watch the meltdown in your bins. It's hard on you and your family to see no progress, the crop out, the Bill's piling up but can you imagine watching a few of your bins melt? The good lord is going to give us a couple weeks to get some work done yet and at least get it at a manageable moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                        While you wait to get combining maybe you could study this. Sorry I couldn't find one with tractors or trucks but the principle is the same.

[ATTACH]3491[/ATTACH]
                        You beat me to it. If one is going to insult someones intelligence( and I certainly agree that anyone who voted for this imbecile shows a distinct lack of intelligence) should at least not put their own intelligence in doubt in the process.

Comment

I started on some at 12 and 6 hrs later moved into some stuff that was 9 so at least got a bit to maybe blend with. Rest still sitting out there waiting.

Comment

Everyone cools with fans at night, has temp cables, hope to blend or dry, I guess. Forecast looks better too!
                            Hurry up and WAIT? It's all risk, combine or wait. By spring the wind can take half of your volume, mold etc.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              Everyone cools with fans at night, has temp cables, hope to blend or dry, I guess. Forecast looks better too!
                              Hurry up and WAIT? It's all risk, combine or wait. By spring the wind can take half of your volume, mold etc.
                              Good thing that the power to run all the fans is free!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.