• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Price...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Price...

A buddy of mine in Arkansas...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180922-233152.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	778155

Don’t these irresponsible peoplekind know that low fuel prices will put more $ in regular citizens pockets to spend on their families....do we want this?!

They should immediately do as our Canadian PM drama teacher/Suzuki/chuck/grass have suggested and add about $1.50/gallon to fuel prices and than cash in on the “green” economy. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
      Fuels cheap in the USA !

1.03 at the coop pumps tonite !

Cheaper than coop card lock!

There should be zero tax on farm fuel !
      Lol , we are exactly the main target on this whole carbon tax scam .... you think for one second we will be exempt... lol lol

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Lol , we are exactly the main target on this whole carbon tax scam .... you think for one second we will be exempt... lol lol
        Do you think that tankers from the US to Canada make sense?

I am ready to make the trip loaded, prolly make two trips a day while we wait for the crop to dry

By my calc we are paying at least $3.60 per US gallon. So seems like a bunch of BS in play

Comment

Guys, every state has a different gas price because of their state taxes, right across the line in MW Minnesota the pump price is $2.849 a US gallon x $1.33= $3.79CDN. At the pumps in MB the price is 1.174 a litre x 3.785/litres in a US gallon = $ 4.44 CDN. Yes it's cheaper in NW Minn by .65 cents but some states have higher gas prices than Minn and some states have lower prices.

I know while driving through Missouri and Tennessee the prices seem to be the lowest.

Not disputing our CDN prices are higher compared to some states, but everything has to be put into perspective when it comes to comparing taxes between two different countries or two different states.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
            Guys, every state has a different gas price because of their state taxes, right across the line in MW Minnesota the pump price is $2.849 a US gallon x $1.33= $3.79CDN. At the pumps in MB the price is 1.174 a litre x 3.785/litres in a US gallon = $ 4.44 CDN. Yes it's cheaper in NW Minn by .65 cents but some states have higher gas prices than Minn and some states have lower prices.

I know while driving through Missouri and Tennessee the prices seem to be the lowest.

Not disputing our CDN prices are higher compared to some states, but everything has to be put into perspective when it comes to comparing taxes between two different countries or two different states.
            Well this is the perspective who uses the most fuel in their businesses in this province?

Comment

Bulk quotes for this Tuesday:

Gas; $1.169 ($4.42/US gallon)
              Diesel; $.969 ($3.66/US gallon)

about two weeks ago:

Gas; $1.144 ($4.32/US gallon)
              Diesel; $1.004 ($3.80/US gallon)

On a drive I made to Carnduff last Friday, I noticed pump prices were cheaper the further away you got from WhiteCity/Emerald Park/Regina,,, Doesn't that defy freight logic from the Upgrader? Seems the further I get to my market with my grain the more it costs me! Better pump margins in and nearest the large population centers.
              Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 23, 2018, 07:55.

Comment

Sickening, I think you can attribute about $1/gallon of that spread to taxes. But the rest is a mystery.

Comment

Especially when you consider federated is buying Western Canada Select

And US refineries are buying West Texas Intermediate...

Comment

'Farmers should be tax exempt ! "

Why you don't us the road system within your province?

If that's the case so should all trucking firms, couriers, taxis, etc etc

Your comment makes no sense at all!

Comment

Exactly it makes no sense !

No tax on the rez !
                      I think what wiseguy is saying is that since the residents of the reservations don't drive or use roads, they don't need to pay road taxes. I believe it is because the ends of the travios wear out too fast on the roads.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Bulk quotes for this Tuesday:

Gas; $1.169 ($4.42/US gallon)
                        Diesel; $.969 ($3.66/US gallon)

about two weeks ago:

Gas; $1.144 ($4.32/US gallon)
                        Diesel; $1.004 ($3.80/US gallon)

On a drive I made to Carnduff last Friday, I noticed pump prices were cheaper the further away you got from WhiteCity/Emerald Park/Regina,,, Doesn't that defy freight logic from the Upgrader? Seems the further I get to my market with my grain the more it costs me! Better pump margins in and nearest the large population centers.
                        Just heard from a guy that the Coop upgrader is going to net $1B this year.

Comment

The problem isn’t the coop or upgraded. The problem is infrastructure and the ability to buy fuel elsewhere, competitiveness

Comment

Wow !

Coop yesterday 1.034 !

This morning 1.019 !

Now back up to 1.219 !

Playing with numbers !
                            You will be rewarded well with dividends. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                              You will be rewarded well with dividends. 😂

Right😉