• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here you go Grain Millers, and all the other people on the glphos bandwagon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go Grain Millers, and all the other people on the glphos bandwagon

Click image for larger version

Name:	EFCC3B18-1C90-4B0A-AF91-7128351BD99C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	778154
    Hope this works better for you than glyphos.
    Hope you get what you asked for
    10 days in the swath , a lot colder than normal
    There will be millions of acres of cereals in western canada this way

According to prices crop is getting bigger every day.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      [ATTACH]3392[/ATTACH]
      Hmmm you'd be laughing all the way to the bank if you produced a few less bushels of nutrient dense lower nitrate oats in less time to beat the rain. The millers are just doing what the market is starting to demand.
      Did you pump the N on then apply gly preharvest ?

Comment

Hand thrashed some wheat that has been swathed about 3 weeks and as far as I can tell no sprouts. Elevator guys have super human eyes so won’t know for sure until they see it

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          According to prices crop is getting bigger every day.
          Well of course, just look at the picture, every seed is growing, there will be two crops in one season. If the oats was seeded at 3 Bushels per acre and yielded 100 the first time around, when all 100 bushel sprout, it will yield 3333 bushels per acre on the second crop. Better quit posting pictures of sprouted crops or the market will go to zero.

Comment

[ATTACH]3392[/ATTACH]
            Yes I can drive around my area and tell you all the oat fields that are contracted to Grain Millers. The poor sap farmers dutiefully swathing oats as instructed and walking right into the buzzsaw of shitty quality as per your pictures.

Guys that would never take those chances on their farm working willingly against their best interests to go through these hoops and end up in a predictable mess.

I wouldn’t touch a Grain Miller oat contract that had to be swathed with out a huge preimum being paid...like $1.00 plus on oats. The guys growing for the seed market having to take the same steps and chances and last certified oats I bought were 2X commercial.

I will keep using my glyphosate responsibly and sparingly and they can look and look to find the parts per trillion within and compare those results to their local municipal water source. Then the naysayers and trouble causers can crawl back into their collective holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
              Yes I can drive around my area and tell you all the oat fields that are contracted to Grain Millers. The poor sap farmers dutiefully swathing oats as instructed and walking right into the buzzsaw of shitty quality as per your pictures.

Guys that would never take those chances on their farm working willingly against their best interests to go through these hoops and end up in a predictable mess.

I wouldn’t touch a Grain Miller oat contract that had to be swathed with out a huge preimum being paid...like $1.00 plus on oats. The guys growing for the seed market having to take the same steps and chances and last certified oats I bought were 2X commercial.

I will keep using my glyphosate responsibly and sparingly and they can look and look to find the parts per trillion within and compare those results to their local municipal water source. Then the naysayers and trouble causers can crawl back into their collective holes.
              That's the problem with your argument. The comparison with water has already been done along with many others and there's no holes to crawl into. Nowhere to hide. It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom.

Comment

[ATTACH]3392[/ATTACH]
                Are these yours? What variety, I'll stay away from that one!

I ve had oats get rained on every 2nd day for 4 weeks. No sprouting in the swath whatsoever. Barley on the other hand, that shit will sprout with morning dew.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                  Hand thrashed some wheat that has been swathed about 3 weeks and as far as I can tell no sprouts. Elevator guys have super human eyes so won’t know for sure until they see it
                  A falling number test would tell the tale. Even if the germ end has broken I believe the process has started... without visual sprouts.

I think there is going to be trouble out there in the cereal crops. Depending how long it takes to dry and weather conditions.... even "standing"(if you can call some of the crops that from the pictures people posted) cereals may not be immune to sprouting.

This is the first time I am commenting on the shit conditions so many of Western Canadian farms are facing, I kept quiet as not to rub salt in wounds but I would like you guys to know I am truly concerned for you. I am hopeful Mother Nature provides a window for you to get the crop off in a decent moisture range, grade will be what it is. We aren't done either but what we are facing pales in comparison to some other people.

Work safe and take care when you can finally get out there.

Comment

Originally posted by pourfarmer View Post
                    Are these yours? What variety, I'll stay away from that one!

I ve had oats get rained on every 2nd day for 4 weeks. No sprouting in the swath whatsoever. Barley on the other hand, that shit will sprout with morning dew.
                    Yes theyre camden , swathed 20 ac for seed . Not all like that , just wherever the swath touched the ground . Surprising with how cold its been?
                    Good germ tho , guess we will be using the dessicated ones for seed now . They are harvested in fine shape in the bin
                    I have saw lots of morgan oats do this also , you have been lucky

Comment

Good germ tho , guess we will be using the desiccated ones for seed now

https://www.monsanto-ag.co.uk/roundup/roundup-agriculture/best-practice/seed-germination/

Be very careful. A germination test may appear "normal" initially with the radicle and coleoptile emergence. You may even get a high germination rate and think your good to go but that's where the trouble might begin depending on time of gly application preharvest. Gly chelated zinc and auxin interference are only the tip of the iceberg that could sink your plan to use that seed. Suggest doing a germ test on farm with sprayed and unsprayed seed and compare seedling development far beyond the germination stage. Talk to a seed grower.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...