• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ya sure looks like china is hurting!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya sure looks like china is hurting!

Saw that bullet train taking its first run. What the hell is wrong with us out here?
    Vast country like ours and we can't even get a bushel of grain moved sometimes and those so poor people over there have that? Keep dreaming if you think North America USA included are so far ahead of everyone.

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    Saw that bullet train taking its first run. What the hell is wrong with us out here?
    Vast country like ours and we can't even get a bushel of grain moved sometimes and those so poor people over there have that? Keep dreaming if you think North America USA included are so far ahead of everyone.
    Population my friend. We dont have it and our populations dont mix anyway so no need for that kind of travel.

We could go with the Liberal 100 million people plan if you would like? You might get a bullet train in 100 yrs.

Comment

Drawing that conclusion from a few pictures or videos is about like looking over the fence at your neighbors shiny new equipment and concluding that his finances are rock solid, everything is paid for and it all functions infallibly.

I can think of another communist state which built lots of impressive looking mega projects, not sure if you are aware of how that one turned out?

May also have something to do with the fact that we drive and fly everywhere, Canada has over 7 times the number of flights per capita as China( and even more when distances are considered). US has 4 times as many vehicles per capita as China. Not saying it is right or wrong to travel the way we do, but if you asked the average citizen of either country which status symbol of wealth and progress they consider more important, public transit, or a car, I think we all know the answer.

Comment

Little country like Switzerland has lots of train lines. Get where you want quick and cheap and on time. Buuut, air travel maybe tough there.

Comment

W don't really need it for travel as much as grain movement and everything else I ve seen our trains they look like you could shoot a John Wayne movie and still be in that time era.
          Yes they have population and lots of money some want us to think they're desperate they aren't. And they likely can live with a hell of a lot less than many expect to here.

There is zero planning for the future at all in our country. We can't even keep up with our past.
          Except in Alberta where the Ndp have rhat plaxe rockin.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            W don't really need it for travel as much as grain movement and everything else I ve seen our trains they look like you could shoot a John Wayne movie and still be in that time era.
            Yes they have population and lots of money some want us to think they're desperate they aren't. And they likely can live with a hell of a lot less than many expect to here.

There is zero planning for the future at all in our country. We can't even keep up with our past.
            Except in Alberta where the Ndp have rhat plaxe rockin.
            But, our most pressing issues are all in the past. That is why we are spending all our time and efforts(and of course money) on removing politicians statues, apologising for everything we've ever done in the past 150 years, rehashing residential schools and treaties, etc. etc. No time to consider the future when we have history to rewrite in a politically correct way. I somehow doubt that the Chinese are busy apologizing for the self imposed famines, or Tianamen square or ethnic cleansing going back centuries.

Comment

I think Canada has torn out more rail than some countries have built....our forefathers had vision....the lost opportunities are endless and never accounted for....

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                But, our most pressing issues are all in the past. That is why we are spending all our time and efforts(and of course money) on removing politicians statues, apologising for everything we've ever done in the past 150 years, rehashing residential schools and treaties, etc. etc. No time to consider the future when we have history to rewrite in a politically correct way. I somehow doubt that the Chinese are busy apologizing for the self imposed famines, or Tianamen square or ethnic cleansing going back centuries.
                That is a 1000 percent true!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.