• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any upside on a shitty saturday morning

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any upside on a shitty saturday morning

Can anyone see an upside to the market considering these things:

1. the canadian grain industry trades or prices off the US exchanges...the markets are flat and the 12 billion impacted the price to the downside along with a large crop predicted in the states.

2. The candian rail system can, at best, only move 35 mmt when the production has been ramped up to 70 mmt plus.

3. Building bins may keep the grain away from the graincos for a while but eventually it has to move...a marketing reps job is only to count the inventory of bins on farms and wait.

4. the market doesn't or hasn't recognized the amount of crop still in the field....some of that has to be contracted grain...what happens?

5. 1CWAD is virtually feed now... good thing those scientists are bringing those high quality high yielding varieties to a farm near you...

6. Why isn't dry grain worth a premium in years like this?

The only upside we see here is that regardless of how much snow and or rain one has had up till now , if your canola was a #1 before this , it will still be a #1 . Just a matter if we get it off before actual winter sets in .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      The only upside we see here is that regardless of how much snow and or rain one has had up till now , if your canola was a #1 before this , it will still be a #1 . Just a matter if we get it off before actual winter sets in .
      Right but if the marketing comments about canola always refer to soybeans and that market is affected by the 12 billion adhoc free and open market payment....what is the bottom for canola - 8 bucks????

Comment

South west Manitoba, SE Sask most of cereals off, half or better of canola.
        Got haircut yesterday, barber says customers talking best ever crop.
        Lots to be thankful for.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
          South west Manitoba, SE Sask most of cereals off, half or better of canola.
          Got haircut yesterday, barber says customers talking best ever crop.
          Lots to be thankful for.
          I just drove through SW Manitoba for combine parts. Crops looked crappy, saw some 14 inch tall cereals, locals said corn yielding half of normal.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Lots of canola here swathed on the too green side in advance of the snow. Some got swathed early this week between the snow fall events as the first snow did not flatten stuff that much. Swaths have been laying for 10 days grass green. Probably a lot of seed will be too small when finally harvested. Wonder what surprises are awaiting some of us.

Comment

Upside..turn on fans to cool off the wht and canola.
              It's game day..we can start drinking early.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                Lots of canola here swathed on the too green side in advance of the snow. Some got swathed early this week between the snow fall events as the first snow did not flatten stuff that much. Swaths have been laying for 10 days grass green. Probably a lot of seed will be too small when finally harvested. Wonder what surprises are awaiting some of us.
                A very hefty carbon tax bill for all the extra fuel we will have to burn to get this crop off ..... and get the surprise rebate check will go to some tree hugger in Vancouver or Toronto so they can add some safety lights to their bicycle and a I love polar bears sticker on his helmet

Comment

Crop insurance will NOT have to pay out till next June if unharvested, saving Canada MILLIONS!
                  Tornado's keeping media very busy down east, so nobody has to listen to farmers bitch about weather, er climate changing from summer to winter in a week. Tax should make it COLDER....any body want it COLDER?
                  Last edited by fjlip; Sep 22, 2018, 11:32.

Comment

[QUOTE=furrowtickler;389985]A very hefty carbon tax bill for all the extra fuel we will have to burn to get this crop off ..... and get the surprise rebate check will go to some tree hugger in Vancouver or Toronto so they can add some safety lights to their bicycle and a I love polar bears sticker on his helmet[/QUOTE

Unfortunately you are dead on furrow
                    The only upside is that these useless ****s are about to see where the money was coming from ? Lumber, ag, oilpatch , mining , etc.,etc., .all the things they were paid to protest
                    Quebec also is about to get a rude awakening ?
                    Maybe saudi arabia will send them the trans payments they live on ?
                    I dont even care anymore. We will be ok here . Let er fall and guys like the guys on here that support this lunacy can lay there and starve for all i care
                    I really dont give a **** anymore , its too late
                    We are nearing the end of “the good times create weak men “ cycle and we have the perfect example in this country.
                    Theres no turning back at this point its just gone to far

Comment

1 inch moisture as rain and then 6 in wet snow were almost full for next spring. 2.5 to go.

It really sucks even the farm dog thinks so.

It’s the Deere Gods mad at me for bringing The Case to our farm.

Comment

That poochy looks like he's thinking " What the ****...."

You broke the first commandment....thou(that's "YOU" SF3) shall not have no other(CASE) GODS, other than me(John Deere)..... ****, do I have to spell it out for you?!?!?!?!?!?!¿
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 22, 2018, 16:17.

Comment

I had 4 texts about that, guys blaming me for the snow saying I angered the deere gods with the two case sitting in our yard.

Comment

The Red looks good even under the snow.lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.