• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Record snowfall in Edmonton for September

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record snowfall in Edmonton for September

Was just reading that Edmonton has had 22 cm of snow this September, a new record. Previous record was 16 cm I believe. Just looked at the forecast for my area east of Red Deer and there is 15 cm of snow in the forecast over the next 2 days. Edmonton looks a little more fortunate this time with only another 2-4 cm in their forecast. Now when we have heat waves in the summer or an above average hurricane all the enviros start screaming climate change. Funny how when we have record early snowfalls very little is said, that is just weather, fml!

Don’t worry a very high carbon tax will fix it .... no worries.

Comment

the good news is that the shitheads are getting their ass handed to them. the gig is up . global warming (man made that is), will go down in history as one of the biggest scams ever in the history of the earth

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        the good news is that the shitheads are getting their ass handed to them. the gig is up . global warming (man made that is), will go down in history as one of the biggest scams ever in the history of the earth
        Very very much agreed 👍👍

Comment

Starting to snow again west of Edmonton. Don’t know how much of what we got so far as most times the snow would be followed with rain. The next week is for sure a write off. Still waiting on global warming here too. Got to start putting tariffs on BC’s smoke and rebate anybody trying to make dry hay since when it rolls in that’s almost impossible. 🔥😎

Feels more like November weather than September. Found some egg nog in the freezer the other day so it seemed appropriate to grab it and the RumChatta and make it disappear considering the weather.

Comment

Not a good situation at all , not great in most areas in the northern half of sask or Alberta .

Comment

And rarely a mention in the media...just that harvest ahead of 5 year average...all is good

Comment

Woke up to another 3 inches of heavy wet and no power. Yuck. Crops were still standing

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                  Woke up to another 3 inches of heavy wet and no power. Yuck. Crops were still standing
                  Same here except half our crop is flat. The weeping willows are sad this morning. So much for the 2cm forecast and it’s still coming down.

Cows are sounding grumpy in the distance........better go check on them. The fun continues ☃️

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                    And rarely a mention in the media...just that harvest ahead of 5 year average...all is good
                    It’s the ol crop reporters giving out the info. I like the one where they say “one of the main reasons for loss of crop was due to lack of moisture”. Really? Ya we need a two inch rain in the middle of harvest to increase yield. WOW!! Why anyone does this job is beyond me.
                    Actually I did it for two yrs then retired with a good pension.
                    Nothing gets reported correctly.

Comment

7-8 cm here east of Edmonton as well and snowing hard right now. Hoped for the 2 cm that was forecast last night. Well got that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                        It’s the ol crop reporters giving out the info. I like the one where they say “one of the main reasons for loss of crop was due to lack of moisture”. Really? Ya we need a two inch rain in the middle of harvest to increase yield. WOW!! Why anyone does this job is beyond me.
                        Actually I did it for two yrs then retired with a good pension.
                        Nothing gets reported correctly.
                        You got paid and a pension? In good old Sk, you get SFA as a crop reporter! It is a volunteer deal. Gov can go to HELL!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.