• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something positive germination

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something positive germination

Well at least germination is good on wheat and barley both are sprouting in the swath and standing. Let's have a drink!!!

Barley will malt just fine...best crop to have this year in this area, 100% malt, shipping already...
    All spilled wheat around dryer is GREEN, being soaked right now, 100% humidity will sprout it anywhere, even standing.

Comment

I can't remember the year but I remember it was a very dry summer and we had standing barley almost ready to straight cut no desiccant. We got a two-day rain and then very high humidity the days after. Got to the field to harvest and you could see the sprouts from the cab on the heads. Sick.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        I can't remember the year but I remember it was a very dry summer and we had standing barley almost ready to straight cut no desiccant. We got a two-day rain and then very high humidity the days after. Got to the field to harvest and you could see the sprouts from the cab on the heads. Sick.
        It's a sad feeling neighbors barley swath is greening up especially where mule deer and geese have been on.

Comment

It was 2005 here, hot humid August rain, the worst combo, yes sprouts seen from the cab! Lost $$ due to oversupply of feed.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            It's a sad feeling neighbors barley swath is greening up especially where mule deer and geese have been on.
            You can see the swaths ??? ..

Just out crop checking here .. might be a while yet .
            My buddies 12 ft corn ...

Gotta love scattered flurries 😖

Comment

Well it must be rider barley because the green is poking through the white snow. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                You can see the swaths ??? ..

Just out crop checking here .. might be a while yet .
                My buddies 12 ft corn ...

Gotta love scattered flurries 😖
                Is the picture with the truck for real? If so that sucks big-time! The other picture looks more like fall snow.

Comment

Various models have us plugged for as little as 1, and as much as 8" of snow. God help us if it's the later.

Comment

Guys its to fricking cold to sprout.

At least that's my story and i am sticking to it.

Comment

My what is probably 35 lb barley aint sprouting soon.

Comment

Not sure if the truck pic is today at all , I doubt it , was just a funny jab I think
                        My yard still white tho ...

Regardless not gonna be fun at all .

Comment

I remember that well . it happened in 2 days , we hired the local dehy to chop it and blow it back . about 85 bu crop. ours was swathed tho

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                            Guys its to fricking cold to sprout.

At least that's my story and i am sticking to it.
                            our oats swathed for seed are growing nicely in the swath . lucky it's only 25 ac .i as surprised also with how cold it has been!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...