• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the unions and supply mgmt at the table?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is the unions and supply mgmt at the table?

While every farm group from Western Canada is sitting on their hands...

Canola in North Dakota has a subsidy....here....crickets except grow more....

Why don't we have representation like unions and SM at the NAFTA table....

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    While every farm group from Western Canada is sitting on their hands...

Canola in North Dakota has a subsidy....here....crickets except grow more....

Why don't we have representation like unions and SM at the NAFTA table....
    Bucket you sure do a lot of complaining about farm groups. You seem by your constant comments to know more then the next guy so why don’t you get involved Not saying groups can’t do more

Comment

I think it is a very good point raised about where is our representative. When you put your name forward for a board position, you better be there for more than the just the paycheque.

Comment

Ya because I'm sure a new deal would get done faster and with extra people involved all representing their own special interests....not!

I've been on too many boards and committees to know better, meetings about having meetings and everyone wanting their own way and not willing to cave.

Comment

If the solution is to get bucket on these boards then why don't the guys that are not getting sfa done resign....you have basically said the other guys are not doing the job of representing our views....

All I am saying is that if supply management has a place at the table then so should other farm groups....

I have found many reps don't like ideas.....why is that?

Comment

Bucket, you are bang on. These check-offs get us sweet tweet!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              Bucket, you are bang on. These check-offs get us sweet tweet!
              They get us research scientists that cater to board members to grow higher yields reducing everyone else's bottom line.....

Where's the info from the plot tours that have found a 20 year old chemical will work in pulses?

Board members have amnesia when asked.....and they brought it up in the conversation.....

Sssssshhhhhh!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                If the solution is to get bucket on these boards then why don't the guys that are not getting sfa done resign....you have basically said the other guys are not doing the job of representing our views....

All I am saying is that if supply management has a place at the table then so should other farm groups....

I have found many reps don't like ideas.....why is that?
                Supply management spends more money in a week in Ottawa then grain groups do in a year.

Comment

Maybe if we quit paying scientists for a while and started paying lobbyists we would get somewhere

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...