• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Hyperinflation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmsdale.

Jeepers, you are selling seldomseen's labour for cheap! Don't insult the man.

Face it, the gloves wear out from all the middle finger twitching that occurs when around politicians.

Comment

I don't feel insulted at all just wish I could get paid enough to pay for a pair in two hours. Just over the last few years or since the Lib took power gloves have gone from $20 to $30 and now $40! inflation alive in Canada.
      If a pair of made in China cost $40 what will a pair cost made in Canada?
      Just finishing drying some wheat in a Icey cold rain and gloves are kind of nice.

Comment

Lol , check the price of anything from parts to new machines. I mean really a new 1/2 ton $80,000 ????? And no I am not pricing or even looking, just seen one in show room while getting my used one I bought fixed up.
        We have been facing a steady inflationary period since 2009 . Look at absolutely everything from land to land rents to equipment to parts to Ag inputs to housing to even going to an Oilers game .... it’s all fukin ridiculous now. The problem is everyone thinks they deserve $200,000 a year to even go to work . So they charge the living shit out of everyone else . It’s a compounding inflation that is now kicking in everywhere.
        I would have taken a hyper inflation once in one year to hit the reset button a long time ago . All that’s been happening in Canada is a steady drain on the average Joe's disposable income without people actually realizing wtf is going on . And now it’s starting to hit home , hard.
        A perfect example, I watched sports net last night . Every single baseball game they showed had 80% empty seats .... its very very telling . This whole economy in North America is running on a very thin thread and way too much debt , Errol has been calling for this for years based on the numbers .. and he is right , this is about to implode badly . The only thing that was limping this along for longer was low interest rates , but even that now is a lost cause when one looks at the big picture and ignores all the political nonsense in all of North America... not just Canada but the US as well.
        I see a North American wide 2008 very soon , it’s unavoidable now.

Comment

Machinery is expensive but look at what it does these days. One big combine can easily harvest 3000-5000 acres a year depending on what part of western canada you farm in. 20 years ago a 5000 acre farmer probably ran at least 3-4 combines and probably harvested 2/3 the bushels he does today. you can buy a nice half tonne truck for 40,000 same as 5 years ago. The sky is not falling.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
            Machinery is expensive but look at what it does these days. One big combine can easily harvest 3000-5000 acres a year depending on what part of western canada you farm in. 20 years ago a 5000 acre farmer probably ran at least 3-4 combines and probably harvested 2/3 the bushels he does today. you can buy a nice half tonne truck for 40,000 same as 5 years ago. The sky is not falling.
            Well I call b/S on that . We did 4000 ac per year easily with a class 6 Gleaner .... ya one . That last one we bought was $180,000
            No different than seeding , we did the same with a 40 ft outfit , no issues that cost less than the tires on the new outfits

Comment

And a lot of guys still do .

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                And by the time you put in the 2 hours necessary to pay for those shit chinese gloves the palm is already separating, and the forefinger has worn through.
                That's why they sell the 5 pack so you have one for each day of rhe week. Have to tuff it out Saturdays and Sunday bare handed. Hahaha

Comment

Kinda have to agree here.

Wasn’t hard to pay $80,000 for a pickup truck 15 years ago if you were dumb enough to do it. Maybe lower your standards a bit OR stroke the cheque for the fully loaded one and enjoy it. Just drop the whining and complaining already.

Comment

Not saying the sky is falling but you better be looking above ...

Comment

One of the few things hyperinflating in Canada is farmland. Must be because farming is so shitty here and also all the fungicides and roundup we use causing damage to the soil.

Comment

One of the few things hyperinflating in Canada is farmland. Must be because farming is so shitty here and also all the fungicides and roundup we use causing damage to the soil.
                        Lol 🙄, better look below your feet as well.
                        Time will tell how long this farm land thing goes lol

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Lol 🙄, better look below your feet as well.
                          Time will tell how long this farm land thing goes lol
                          No doubt most of the land inflation has already happened. I wouldn't be surprised to see a slight correction in some areas esp lentil areas.

Comment

Low interest rates will most likely dictate that , it’s seems the ebb and flow of real Ag is meaningless today. If interest rates do rise 2 % or more the big money will be out and then a correction may happen.
                            It will take a real shit show to dampen land values IMO. It never happened after the 200-2004 period so time will tell.

Comment

Sorry , 2000 to 2004 period in western Sask to clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                Low interest rates will most likely dictate that , it’s seems the ebb and flow of real Ag is meaningless today. If interest rates do rise 2 % or more the big money will be out and then a correction may happen.
                                It will take a real shit show to dampen land values IMO. It never happened after the 200-2004 period so time will tell.
                                I started farming in the party of the late seventies.....this time it'

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.