• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Trailers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain Trailers

Anyone know anything Berg or Emerald grain trailers . Looking for a new one or near new . Theyre about $10 k cheaper than the big names ? Just farm use

We bought 2 Emeralds tandem, LED lighting, center unload and both side crank is nice. 3 years of use, no problem. Farm use.

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
      We bought 2 Emeralds tandem, LED lighting, center unload and both side crank is nice. 3 years of use, no problem. Farm use.
      thanks wd9, do any have aluminum slopes?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        thanks wd9, do any have aluminum slopes?
        Ours are steel, but haven't seen what the new ones are built out of.

Comment

Don't want to talk you out of a certain brand because they all rust and fall apart sooner or later, and 10,000 is a lot of money.
          But a friend has had issues with his new Emerald. Farm use only. Again, I've had truckers tell me of issues with their new Lode-King aluminum so anything can happen

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            Don't want to talk you out of a certain brand because they all rust and fall apart sooner or later, and 10,000 is a lot of money.
            But a friend has had issues with his new Emerald. Farm use only. Again, I've had truckers tell me of issues with their new Lode-King aluminum so anything can happen
            Lode king resale will make up for it and then some.

Comment

We're working with an aluminum Tridem Wilson. Little to no field service. Hauling to Terminals only so far. For as much grain as we grow in the Ghetto it may become obsolete before wore out. Didn't want the rust that comes with stone chips from gravel roads and salty winter highways on steel trailers

To each their own...

Comment

I looked at them all at ag in motion and got prices. At that time there was 6000 difference between Doepker and Emerald. Looking at both side by side it was an easy choice and the fact that Deopeker users steel shot blasting and zinc primer I think down the road it will always be worth more. I asked the Emerald sales man about corrosion protection and he was very vague I believe Emerald is made by a colony in Manitoba and to me looked a little rougher around the edges. I have had a deopker that I got in 1994 and it has been excellent all these years and still looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  We're working with an aluminum Tridem Wilson. Little to no field service. Hauling to Terminals only so far. For as much grain as we grow in the Ghetto it may become obsolete before wore out. Didn't want the rust that comes with stone chips from gravel roads and salty winter highways on steel trailers

To each their own...
                  we have a 2010 Wilson , like it except for the dirt that builds up underneath
                  was thinking salt would be easier to wash off of an open ender? for the second one
                  our other old steel one has springs and time for it to move on

Comment

If its 6 grand more for the Doepker add another 6 or so and get an open end Legacy. Not fun watching steel trailers rot to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by countryguy View Post
                      If its 6 grand more for the Doepker add another 6 or so and get an open end Legacy. Not fun watching steel trailers rot to nothing.
                      can't get a legacy in a tandem , tried

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        can't get a legacy in a tandem , tried
                        Case have u compared LodeKing vs Doepker prices?
                        I believe there was a significant difference a few years back. (LodeKing would have the open ends for u as well.)

I’m not up to date on 2018 prices though.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          Case have u compared LodeKing vs Doepker prices?
                          I believe there was a significant difference a few years back. (LodeKing would have the open ends for u as well.)

I’m not up to date on 2018 prices though.
                          no only dopeker, wilson and emerald .
                          can get an emerald for $39k in yorkton
                          the others are $50-$52k
                          will try lode King , thanks

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...