• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Yields

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop Yields

What kind of yields are in your area?

Around here the truck drivers got it pretty easy this year.

I got 6 10x 300 foot grain bags for sale that we won’t be needing this year and we have about at 35+ % carry over from last year.

That pretty much explains the yields around here.

Have not started yet, but the local Food Grain project got harvested this week. Brandon wheat, quarter section, yielded 64.5 bu/a and 14.2 protein. That yield is delivered and after dockage.

Comment

Lots of 60 bu peas in our area. Not much else done

Comment

And SK3 has this crop well below average. 🤣
        I was told by a broker there are small green lentils running 40-60. So yes it’s a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
          And SK3 has this crop well below average. 🤣
          I was told by a broker there are small green lentils running 40-60. So yes it’s a disaster.
          No where near a bin buster!

Comment

jag. sounds like here. holding closer to 40% old crop and also have a pallet of bags i dont need. durum under 30 here so far. was early 2000's last time it was this bad.

Comment

At the end all crops will be 20% lower than last year on average across Western Canada. As far as yields / ac average
              JMO

Comment

Yields today, yesterday, tomorrow ... have little revaluation ...... at the end of the day by Nov1 I will bet $100 bucks I am within 1%. Any takers ?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Yields today, yesterday, tomorrow ... have little revaluation ...... at the end of the day by Nov1 I will bet $100 bucks I am within 1%. Any takers ?
                  I'll take that bet, if I lose the bet, at least I'll still win in the grain market. I haven't ventured far outside of Central Ab, but what I have seen is easily much more than 20% off, and I've only seen the most productive land in most of the prairies.

2nd hand info that grain silage yields by a top notch farmer around Lacombe were half of normal/took twice as many acres, and there are areas much worse off than they are. It would take a lot of very good areas to make up for what is lacking in the Highway 2 corridor. By yields and volume produced, This is like Iowa being way under trend yield, and expecting Maryland and Rhode Island to make up for it.

Comment

This is like Iowa being way under trend yield, and expecting Maryland and Rhode Island to make up for it.

Well, I can tell you I drove through the super areas of Sask and No way in hell they have a higher yield than last year.

Manitoba has areas that are just like last year but Manitoba has some shitty areas also.

I think Furrow has it exact at a 20% reduction and guess what the Grain companies all know this already. Don't you think they are phoning all the locals and asking what it looks like? Plus satellite shots etc.

To the guy with his Food grain project is that the same as last years 76 x 20% and guess what it's in the money to my theory 16% across the board.

It's dry it's really dry and it's hot.

Oh, some local BTOs Have Bins that won't need to be used.

Also, Read Farm Links latest and Guess what they Realize it's going to be a shit show and can't figure out why when a farmer gives it every single product known to man a crop can be grown without Rain.

Comment

Also the guy with 60 bus peas what was last year 80?

Comment

I can see a closed 10000 tonne elevator I should be hauling to but my costs are going up hauling further....my net is going down....

I should build bins to help my net I guess .....then the families can add my production to the storage pile that they won't have to bid for a while....

When they have trained everyone to store 2 crops they wont have to bid for grain .....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          I can see a closed 10000 tonne elevator I should be hauling to but my costs are going up hauling further....my net is going down....

I should build bins to help my net I guess .....then the families can add my production to the storage pile that they won't have to bid for a while....

When they have trained everyone to store 2 crops they wont have to bid for grain .....
                          They still have to fill trains

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Old timers all have 5 or 6 year old grain in their bins around here.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                              Also the guy with 60 bus peas what was last year 80?
                              That’s the thing SK3 a 60 bu crop is well above average. Yes there will be small pockets of poorer crops, but the area of good seems to make up any short falls. Broker told me he expects lentils to avg 28-30, and the prices continue to plummet.
                              I don’t post yields, but I will say my crop this yr is better than last. Going from 6 tenths to 6.5 inches I better see an improvement. We haven’t had any moisture since July 9, but im thankful what im getting to this point.

Happy harvesting everyone, and be safe!
                              Even you SK3. Lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...