• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well thanks for that info I have been using this product since 1981.

Seeds are firm in 90% of the field 5% greener and 5% lime.

So again thanks for your info

Comment

Thanks again I am the problem I get your point but you think your above all people. Maybe I didn’t word it correct but for almost 37 years we have been strait cutting wheat using this method. When the field is 90% dried down it get shit down.

Some hate everything I do or post I get that your all so upright citizens of canada.

Just trying to survive and provide health great quality food.

Comment

This is a snapshot of our fields expert

Comment

Before you start calling everyone names think about someone other than your self. By your own admission are using gly to dry down crops. As pointed out glyphosate is a herbicide. Not a desiccant. Used responsibly it's a great tool. Evening out green spots to continue the BTO lifestyle is going to result in the loss of glyphosate preharvest.

Comment

That will work, you still have swathers. Neighbor USED TO straight cut but got tired of all tough wheat/barley/rocks in combines. Bought a second swather. He does preharvest but for WEEDS. I think Monsanto always said spray when you would swath. The way chems are getting banned, days are numbered, maybe roundup be illegal, soon will be in France and Germany.

Comment

Yep it’s over I agree ☝️

Dealing on two 40 fits for wheat for 2019.

I’m no BTO being doing this for 37 years.

Canola coming down in mornings

Comment

There will premiums paid for non-glyphosate harvested crops in the near future. Testing procedures will be set up to show amounts if any on the sample. Non glyphosate oat meal, flour, pea meal, etc, will be a great marketing opportunity and promotion tool to extract more value from the consumer. Just like the gluten free and non GMO grains.
                The cynical side of me wants to believe the largest gains will be captured by the processor....but the optimistic side wants to think the primary grower will be encouraged to modify behaviours and will be paid for it. I think of the IP programs I have benefited from in the past.
                Instead or railing and fighting the trends, use the change and take advantage of the opening by marketing and pricing the products properly. The consumer wants safety and food security....well that costs money and I will happily modify my behaviour for more cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
                  There will premiums paid for non-glyphosate harvested crops in the near future. Testing procedures will be set up to show amounts if any on the sample. Non glyphosate oat meal, flour, pea meal, etc, will be a great marketing opportunity and promotion tool to extract more value from the consumer. Just like the gluten free and non GMO grains.
                  The cynical side of me wants to believe the largest gains will be captured by the processor....but the optimistic side wants to think the primary grower will be encouraged to modify behaviours and will be paid for it. I think of the IP programs I have benefited from in the past.
                  Instead or railing and fighting the trends, use the change and take advantage of the opening by marketing and pricing the products properly. The consumer wants safety and food security....well that costs money and I will happily modify my behaviour for more cash.
                  Agree with your post 100% . It’s not what we think is right , or told is safe from chem companies any more . It’s called thinking for ourselves and looking forward

Comment

It’s a nice theory but I don’t think for one second the primary producer will receive one cent of profit from it.

I may be wrong but reality is we never get paid for what we do.

Warbiton is a typical example your profit was paid to the seed company for new seed each year do the math.

We will quit fall crop spraying in 2019 and are looking at two 40 FTC for just wheat.

If you can’t beat the fools join their shit show.

Either way it will cost producers the most.

Comment

Rather than saying, "farmers will be paid more, for not using preharvest glyphosate",,,,the truth is likely closer to, "farmers who preharvest with glyphosate will be paid less !"

Comment

When I delivered IP soys at the elevator 2 years ago the grader asked me if the beans were pre-harvested with glyph. I asked if there was a premium for them if not sprayed.

Her reply was poorly worded - "Not for you" she said. So it was pretty obvious that they were getting paid extra at that time.

Now there is a premium for un-sprayed soybeans from that company - I think 25 cents.

The production and handling paper trail has become quite significant but it certainly rewards those who will do it.

Comment

I personally think farmers won’t see any benefit. We will be down graded thanks to sprouting if it rains on the swaths that I know. Or if a new super desiccate is developed it will cost me a arm and a leg.

He farmer never wins

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                            Well thanks for that info I have been using this product since 1981.

Seeds are firm in 90% of the field 5% greener and 5% lime.

So again thanks for your info
                            Wow, to admit you have been using Roundup to preharvest since 1981. Fact is, it was not registered for preharvest use in Canada until June 1992!

You post a picture of a ripe field and claim this is the stage you spray yet I remember a year ago you posting a picture of preharvesting and you were called on how green the field was.

You claim 90% of the seeds are firm. So 10% of the seeds are likely uptaking glyphosate and you think this is okay given the public outcry against glyphosate residues.

I am no expert but I can read a label, I do hear the consumer outcry, and I do not want to lose the use of glyphosate. And it angers me to no end to hear your whining economic justification of having to use glyphosate off label yet spend all winter telling us of your holidaying and US homes that most consumers can not even dream of.

And I have no doubt when we see increased regulation of glyphosate you will blame Liberals and Trudeau when in fact it is bad management of glyphosate by farmers like yourself that will be the real cause.

Comment

Oh cry me a river!

Boo hoo

Comment

And I still maintain that we shouldn't be having this debate in public and on a public forum, especially those who openly admit to doing things off label. All we are doing is providing additional ammunition to those anti-everything types, and informing our consumers that the practice exists. I've said it before, most consumers refuse to believe that we would actually do this, and yet some insist on advertising the practice all over the internet? Once we lose the trust of our consumers, we may never win it back, and be regulated into oblivion at the same time.

This debate should be had very quietly and behind closed doors. And the outcome has to be what the consumer would want, regardless of science or labels.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...