• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green patches and second growth coming

Comment

Wondering why swather works for your BLY and not your wht.?

Comment

Ours ready for combine..love the macdon.

Comment

Wheat if we spray and fall rains start we still hold grade for s bit qicker to dry and ducks don’t eat

Comment

Barley is off in five days only a few acres to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              Wheat if we spray and fall rains start we still hold grade for s bit qicker to dry and ducks don’t eat
              A new role for Roundup eh? duck repellant, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                Wondering why swather works for your BLY and not your wht.?
                I have given this some thought Partners on my own wheat. With it so dry very little weed growth. There are two reasons I prefer to straight cut. Number 1 in a year like this with lighter crops and shorter straw I find a percentage falls through the stubble and is lost. Number 2, 90% is dead ripe and the rest is fairly green. No doubt swathing would even this out. And I find crops I swath without a post harvest herbicide treatment in the fall lead to many over wintered weeds. No system is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  I have given this some thought Partners on my own wheat. With it so dry very little weed growth. There are two reasons I prefer to straight cut. Number 1 in a year like this with lighter crops and shorter straw I find a percentage falls through the stubble and is lost. Number 2, 90% is dead ripe and the rest is fairly green. No doubt swathing would even this out. And I find crops I swath without a post harvest herbicide treatment in the fall lead to many over wintered weeds. No system is perfect.
                  Agree on post harvest.a must..
                  Been post harvesting the whole Farm since 2000.

Comment

Hey parasite that was funny!

If I swath the ducks and geese eat in days but I forgot you know everything.

Comment

We use round up as a management tool.

Comment

As farmers were getting hit from all directions and the next one to cause pain will be Chemicals Helix and Prosper and then next fall spraying crops with Roundup PreHarvest.

Who on here still believes its not them Vs Us.

We are losing the War.

Did some math with Sask Crop insurance, Since Yesterday phoned in a claim for wildlife damage.

Yea My F#$KIng Geese and Ducks are back. Gone most of the summer but gee like clock work they know I have crops ready to go.

If you're in a dry area with a 20% to 40% yield reduction.

Last few years grew 50 say and have long-term average because its Crop insurance at 40 at 70% that's 28 bus. and you grew 40% below your 50 that's 30 so no paycheck for you.

Ah quick note that Crap insurance is highering more Bin inspectors etc, training was going on all week.

Comment

Crop insurance has a ****ed up way of figuring averages....like 10 years.....while every other program is based on a 3 year Olympic average....

Comment

Its done that way for a reasonably fun with math.

Crop insurance was set up to make money for the Gov.

Its an insurance and the only winner is the company.

Even with hail they walk and walk and pull and pull and count and count.

I got my premium paid and they move on.

So really are they any money out.

Comment

Sub 60 barley and 27 peas south of Munster yep it’s huge boys

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                                Green patches and second growth coming
                                Glyphosate IS NOT a desiccant. It is not registered for desiccation. It is a herbicide, period. Anyone using it to help ripen green patches in a field is misusing glyphosate. Unless the seeds are firm in the head, it a glyphosate residue will be found in the crop. And I guarantee, the seeds in those green plants in patches, or low lying areas are not at 30% moisture which is where glyphosate is no longer translocated into the seed. So if you are using it to even up the field, or speed up harvest, you are part of the problem and contributing to the future loss of glyphosate

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...