• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypocrisy on Saudi Arabia

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypocrisy on Saudi Arabia

Got to laugh at John Baird, former foreign affairs minister mouthing off about the Saudi Arabia issue. Saying we shouldn't be upsetting our friends the Saudis, or using "Trump style tweets" to conduct diplomacy.
    Freeland's tweet that caused the controversy:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 12.26.57 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	778109

Baird's tweet from 2015 when he was a Government minister - condemning the Saudis for their miss-treatment of the same person

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 12.25.49 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	778110

Hypocrisy much?

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    Got to laugh at John Baird, former foreign affairs minister mouthing off about the Saudi Arabia issue. Saying we shouldn't be upsetting our friends the Saudis, or using "Trump style tweets" to conduct diplomacy.

[ATTACH]3271[/ATTACH]

Baird's tweet from 2015 when he was a Government minister - condemning the Saudis for their miss-treatment of the same person

[ATTACH]3272[/ATTACH]

Hypocrisy much?
    And where does Eastern Canada get its oil ??? Talk about hypocrisy lol lol
    Yes the get a lot from the US , but pointing fingers at hypocrisy when the ultra virtuous, women’s and gay rights all inclusive government in power turns a blind eye 👁 to Saudi human rights issues but still happily takes Saudi Oil .... and refusing Western Canada “dirty” absolutely screams hypocrisy

Comment

Hey grass nice article you posted.

Yep your gay pride marcher who is all for grabbing women and pushes every trans right yet gladly alows Saudi oil and f$&ks over western canada. Wow what a dip shit he is and you are for supporting that idiot

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Yes the get a lot from the US , but pointing fingers at hypocrisy when the ultra virtuous, women’s and gay rights all inclusive government in power turns a blind eye 👁 to Saudi human rights issues but still happily takes Saudi Oil .... and refusing Western Canada “dirty” absolutely screams hypocrisy
        So what are you mad at Trudeau's lot for? - I thought it wasn't turning a blind eye to Saudi human rights issues? For the record I thing Freeland was right in her comments, as was Baird in his time. I wouldn't do any trade with KSA period if it was up to me.
        What about all the outrage on Agriville that Canada shouldn't be speaking up about what was happening in KSA and this was a dumb thing the Trudeau Government shouldn't have done contrasting it to what previous Governments had done? That's the hypocrisy i'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
          Hey grass nice article you posted.

Yep your gay pride marcher who is all for grabbing women and pushes every trans right yet gladly alows Saudi oil and f$&ks over western canada. Wow what a dip shit he is and you are for supporting that idiot
          Unlike you I'm not a Liberal voter - and that wasn't an article I posted. Keep trying.....and failing!

Comment

As I read the two tweets, they are worded quite differently from a diplomatic standpoint.
            At any rate, we havent had any real balls in 75 years. Everyone can own the failure of not building our nation. And buying unethical oil when we have our own.
            Humans are by nature hypocritical. And riddled with cognitive dissonance of sorts.

Build a pipeline, buy less oil.
            Or shut the hell up.

Comment

More name calling. Both you guys have to have a time out!

Comment

Ouch like Facebook jail.

Comment

[ATTACH]3271[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3272[/ATTACH]

Hypocrisy much?
                  Wow, who takes the time to screenshot and upload those tweets? Is it just me or this kind of a strange thing to come on here and point out? What were you hoping to accomplish with this post, or just simply a "don't forget about my opinion, folks" type post?
                  Last edited by pourfarmer; Aug 15, 2018, 14:05.

Comment

This "Eastern Canada" thing is getting old. What exactly is "eastern Canada" in terms of an oil buying entity? As far as I know there are businesses in eastern Canada that decide to buy overseas oil versus western Canadian stuff. There are Canadian citizens (and organisations and politicians) in eastern Canada that support pipelines and increasing use of western oils just as there are citizens (and organisations and politicians) in western Canada who oppose building more pipelines and would prefer to see the oilsands mothballed. Painting it as a simple "east versus west", "them versus us" issue is a worthless misrepresentation.

If you want to lobby that Canada prohibits importation of Saudi oil completely because of their human rights record and a desire to utilize more western Canadian oil that is one thing, but blaming "eastern Canada" for hurting us in western Canada won't get you anywhere as a campaign because it's based on nonsense.

Comment

Comment

This "Eastern Canada" thing is getting old. What exactly is "eastern Canada" in terms of an oil buying entity? As far as I know there are businesses in eastern Canada that decide to buy overseas oil versus western Canadian stuff. There are Canadian citizens (and organisations and politicians) in eastern Canada that support pipelines and increasing use of western oils just as there are citizens (and organisations and politicians) in western Canada who oppose building more pipelines and would prefer to see the oilsands mothballed. Painting it as a simple "east versus west", "them versus us" issue is a worthless misrepresentation.

If you want to lobby that Canada prohibits importation of Saudi oil completely because of their human rights record and a desire to utilize more western Canadian oil that is one thing, but blaming "eastern Canada" for hurting us in western Canada won't get you anywhere as a campaign because it's based on nonsense.
                        If you and your family have been here 100 plus years you might understand, but you don’t so let it go

Comment

“East” should be more defined by Ontario and more specifically... Quebec . They wield far to much power onto the rest of all Canadians. Hence the East oil line - it was squashed primarily by the Mayor of Montreal. The west pipelines , primarily by one Green Party MLA in B.C. who became the ring leader out their holding the rest of Western Canada hostage . The current B.C. government has no choice but to play to that one mans tune to keep in power due to the shit show NDP/ Green Party set up there .

Comment

If you and your family have been here 100 plus years you might understand, but you don’t so let it go
                            Oh I understand all right - it's just throwing out frustration at "them" rather than actually defining a problem and coming up with a solution. Clearly there is no way the status quo can change on matters like this other than as a whole Canada approach. Separating western Canada from the east isn't a viable solution either although it's easy to bandy about.

Comment

How long was Harper in power with a majority?
                              Long enough to build a pipeline to the east.
                              And if the Irving's had wanted one , Harper would accomadate in a second.
                              So do not blame the east in general.
                              Do you seriously believe that Ontario or Quebec residents have a say in what oil ends up in the local refinery

And grass was right to bring
                              Up a case, of blatant hypocrisy.
                              How much clearer than that does it have to be .

Good job grass

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.