• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twitter ,facebook is this the new lobby effort????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twitter ,facebook is this the new lobby effort????

So an average person with a blog invites politicians out to the farm via twitter or Facebook for a combine ride....and gets a response from the premier and the leader of the opposition in Saskatchewan..

This is the way its done rather than phoning a politicians office talking to some arrogant staffer that ignores the request for a response from the sitting MP or MLA?

sure seems like a lot of staffers could be turfed if we just get on twitter or Facebook..

All joking aside good on the young lady for doing something and getting somewhere...

But it begs the question, of course, ....What the **** are all the other farm groups doing so wrong???

Here is a few questions for Saskpulse...

1. Why didn't you inform farmers of the issues with BASF's SOLO herbicide? you sit in the same meetings with them all the time and didn't hear whispers of residual issues?

2. Whats with the overlap of services of joining Grain Growers Canada for lobbying efforts and why belong to pulse Canada?

3. Why not get involved when an elevator closes due to the Pulse Tariff as reported in Western Producer?

4. Whats with all the R$D funding for crops no one is buying ... maybe that funding could be redirected to primary producers?

its an open forum here so maybe some lurker or politico or people that matter could respond here????

Disclaimer: I am not on either Facebook or twitter....my wife uses Facebook for horse shows and doesn't invite friends on.

And to be clear ...Good on this young lady for doing something....I am not criticizing her....so the simple folk understand.
    Last edited by bucket; Aug 14, 2018, 06:42.

Don't count on getting a response from politicians or aspiring politicians....other than some scripted policy dogma.

They're not allowed to publicly speak for themselves and won't risk being "quoted"!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not to sound childish but then why does this Megz get an easy response for a combine ride....

So the politicians pick and choose who they listen too? Because she is a newbie to farming?

As I asked in another thread ...where would most of the current 3rd or 4th generation farms be without a government handout from the past??????

The connection is difficult for the last two statements but those smart enough will figure out what I am saying.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Not to sound childish but then why does this Megz get an easy response for a combine ride....

So the politicians pick and choose who they listen too? Because she is a newbie to farming?
        Politicians are media savvy bucket - excuse my cynicism but the opportunity here is apparent. The photo ops and publicity opportunity of riding in a combine with a cute chick that already has a visible online presence versus a grumpy old curmudgeon like you that would be chewing their ear out all the time are obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          Politicians are media savvy bucket - excuse my cynicism but the opportunity here is apparent. The photo ops and publicity opportunity of riding in a combine with a cute chick that already has a visible online presence versus a grumpy old curmudgeon like you that would be chewing their ear out all the time are obvious!
          Very true grass , it is what it is .
          Maybe most of us that have been slugging it out for 20-30 years have become too jaded ..... but for good reason for the most part .

Comment

Just wait for all those newly minted farming "AGVOCATES" to become tired of being the Host of the parasite party.

Edit...insert farming. Because I'm sure some Agvocates will only ever be an Industry parasite.
            Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 14, 2018, 09:44.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              So I am not worth talking to?????

Talk to the pretty face that knows less and maybe never signed a mortgage or paid an input bill or borrowed more money?????

Yup right thats who I want representing my views...

Thats whats wrong with ag for **** sakes ....lets not deal with the real issues ...let good farmers that hit a bit of a rough patch **** off because thats easier....the newbie will come in with energy to do it...

Give this chick 10 years of poor prices, drought, a frost and lets hear her version of farming...

Or do you prefer the sunshine and lollipop version being told with someone with nice tits and a smile?

Thats why chemical reps are women .....
              Last edited by bucket; Aug 14, 2018, 15:50.

Comment

So I am not worth talking to?????
                Talking to you doesn't benefit them - that's what they're in it for - not to benefit you.

Comment

Thanks grass farmer

I thought it was because I wasn't pretty enough...

Parsley could you chime in and boost my confidence a bit....lol.

Comment

I commend Megz on her offer however I don't think that riding in a combine watching the bushels flow into the tank is the place to really show the issues facing farmers.
                    How about Megz invite them to sit down with her accountant and banker maybe go see some negotiations on selling grain and having it graded differently by every elevator or a trip to the chem company to price out next years chem or fuel bill or equip dealer to buy that combine compared to the value of that crop and see the real stress of farming.
                    You can bet that if a rock goes into combine or a bearing goes out she will see no MOE he will be in his car and gone saying THAT WAS FUN.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                      I commend Megz on her offer however I don't think that riding in a combine watching the bushels flow into the tank is the place to really show the issues facing farmers.
                      How about Megz invite them to sit down with her accountant and banker maybe go see some negotiations on selling grain and having it graded differently by every elevator or a trip to the chem company to price out next years chem or fuel bill or equip dealer to buy that combine compared to the value of that crop and see the real stress of farming.
                      They are interested in positive spin photo-ops not the nitty gritty of the grim reality.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                        You can bet that if a rock goes into combine or a bearing goes out she will see no MOE he will be in his car and gone saying THAT WAS FUN.
                        ....according to Wikipedia, the "National Enquirer" of the internet, Moe tried his hand at farming in the mid nineties but by the early 2000's bowed out, exited stage left(some people holding the bag) and in time ended up getting a real job as a politician.

No need for photo ops and knowing how a combine works....and by the sounds of it, might understand the challenges of farming!?

Comment

Thanks grass farmer

I thought it was because I wasn't pretty enough...

Parsley could you chime in and boost my confidence a bit....lol.
                          You just want to see her rip him a new grasshole!

Comment

You guys need to realize that us farmers have big bullseye on the back of are shirts. It doesn’t matter which government is in office we will not be getting any more breaks or new programs.

Sure the sask party maybe the best house but it’s the best house on the wrong side of the tracks in a bad neighbourhood.

If Moe did have to leave this Agriculture game because of poor returns do you honestly think he will have the enthusiasm to do a Ben Bernanke routine and shower us with money from a helicopter? Nor should he.

We caused most of these input costs to spiral outta control. Sure the railways and the chemical company twisted the knives as they dug in but CN or Agrium never paid $120 acre or 2x new assessment!

We played the game and now the game is playing us.

I don’t really care for how Moe swept the Boyd hands in cookie jar under the table but he still is the best house even though the sump pump can’t keep up and water is pouring in the basement.

Iceman rant over I’m out

Comment

I guess it proves I should be on the other gossip sites to get a response from the guys that read this but won't respond directly.....

Why respond to a combine ride but not actual hard questions?

Hello lurkers,,, politicians etc....

Bill morneau is announcing more measures for the steel industry....what are our pulse groups doing????

Barbie is making some announcement today.....where are our farm groups that should be asking for payment for our contribution to the reduction of carbon....I guess they missed that memo..
                              Last edited by bucket; Aug 15, 2018, 07:27.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.