• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overnight temps ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overnight temps ..

No widespread frost ... thank goodness not full moon , but will get close in many areas by 5 am
    Plus 6 out here now

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    No widespread frost ... thank goodness not full moon , but will get close in many areas by 5 am
    Plus 6 out here now
    Official temp half hour south of me was plus 2 this AM. +6 here, but felt cold for the first time in months.

Comment

Plus 7 before sunrise at 4:45when I looked.

lowest for Regina was plus 6.1 on our station in the city.

Welcome to Canada where we go from -42 to plus 42 in 4 months.

Comment

Lowest temp I heard so far around here was 1.6 at 2:30 am

Comment

Nipawin 2.5, we were about 2, over 4 by 7. Was short duration but very dry air, no dew, very typical for mid August.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
            Nipawin 2.5, we were about 2, over 4 by 7. Was short duration but very dry air, no dew, very typical for mid August.
            recorded low was plus 4 at 5:33 a.m. with a bit of fog hanging in the low spots..... go figure?

Comment

Fog in the low spots will indicate where the frost will hit first as well....I make mental notes of that stuff occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Fog in the low spots will indicate where the frost will hit first as well....I make mental notes of that stuff occasionally.
                My mental notes are usually a song stuck in my head!!!

Comment

Like crop yield numbers, I don't give away actual temperatures. It effects the markets. LOL

For reference purposes only, my furnace kicked in this morning.

Brass and monkeys.

Comment

According to the neighbors Fieldconnect.. .4 degrees.
                    His sensor is way higher than our land just south of him.

Comment

I'm not good with dates but I am reminded this was the same date we got cooked in 1979.

If I remember the week was also very warm before the one night of frost and then warm again.

You could smell the canola rotting Canola driving by on the highway.

Flax got the match.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                        I'm not good with dates but I am reminded this was the same date we got cooked in 1979.

If I remember the week was also very warm before the one night of frost and then warm again.

You could smell the canola rotting Canola driving by on the highway.

Flax got the match.
                        Yes it was We got married on the weekend after . Lots of long faces . Crop was late and totalled

Comment

And with those wonderful events lovingly remembered, please try to keep in mind that we will all be so much better off with a colder climate and warming is always bad. I think 60 frost free days would be about ideal for agriculture, maybe slightly less.

Comment

As of 6am.

Beiseker: -0.5c
                            Forestburg: 1.0c
                            Consort area: 0.1c
                            Halkirk: 1.0c
                            Kinsella: 0.9c
                            Linden: 0.6c
                            Mossleigh: 1.0c
                            Three hills: 0.5c

Safe to say a few low spots will be shittying up the sample in portions of ab as of this am.

Comment

We showed plus 2 in our lowest area this morning .....
                              Some ditch frost , nothing in crop. Was very short temp drop .
                              But neighbors car ....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.