• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade talks with Canada proving 'really, really difficult,' with little progress: U.S

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In order to allow this thread to return to its original "Trade Talks" topic, consider taking further "off-topic" discussion to this thread -

https://www.agriville.com/threads/36886-more-than-100-us-newspapers-plan-editorials-decrying-trump-media-attacks https://www.agriville.com/threads/36886-more-than-100-us-newspapers-plan-editorials-decrying-trump-media-attacks

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
      In order to allow this thread to return to its original "Trade Talks" topic, consider taking further "off-topic" discussion to this thread -

https://www.agriville.com/threads/36886-more-than-100-us-newspapers-plan-editorials-decrying-trump-media-attacks https://www.agriville.com/threads/36886-more-than-100-us-newspapers-plan-editorials-decrying-trump-media-attacks
      Why bother? you've already derailed it as well with your weird post.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Why bother? you've already derailed it as well with your weird post.
        Wow that didn't come across as very tolerant or inclusive...

Anyway, it looks like Trump is showing our Prime Minister a thing or two about meddling in the affairs of another country.

As are a few other countries.

One can dictate or try to enforce policy all he wants - domestic or foreign - but in the end, trade is the biggest stick.

Comment

WHAT is it you guys think Canada should give ,and what do you think the US Should give up in return.

Comment

It looks to me that the Liberals have to choose between two of their sacred cows. Dairy supply management which gets lots of Quebec votes or Auto jobs which gets southern Ontario votes.
            I guess they are between a rock and a hard place.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
              WHAT is it you guys think Canada should give ,and what do you think the US Should give up in return.
              Canada gives up everything, the US gives up nothing is the only thing to appease this crowd for some reason.

Comment

So all the good managers have good luck and all the bad managers have bad luck? What happens if a bad manager has good luck and a good manager has bad luck?

Hopefully each has the brains to manage their way through what ever luck they have?

Enough of a riddle.

But as I said...don't confuse management with luck. Management is in your control, luck isn't.

One definition of "luck";

"success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions."

So if you don't believe in luck you must not believe in "random chance" either.

May I suggest you buy the next 60 million $ winning Lotto Max ticket with your intellgence and management skills.

There...I just kicked the hornets nest! Sting away!

Comment

Maybe kick it over to the right thread Farma!

Comment

Maybe kick it over to the right thread Farma!
                    Lol

Copied and pasted....

I here the buzzing already

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post

In a trade atmosphere where the participants are focusing on domestic policy and benefits more than ever, it might just make good sense to drop unrelated demands, such as imposing UN/globalist agenda items, as Butt's puppet has apparently been directed to do.

How do you suppose Trudeau/Freeland/McKenna/Philpott would react if a trade partner would demand that we stop killing unborn babies as part of any negotiations? Or that free speech should be allowed in Canada?

It appears that Trudeau's extreme leftist bullshit is changing the tone of discussion.

WORLDWIDE.

So, yes, these apparently "off-topic" points are related to the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                        It looks to me that the Liberals have to choose between two of their sacred cows. Dairy supply management which gets lots of Quebec votes or Auto jobs which gets southern Ontario votes.
                        I guess they are between a rock and a hard place.
                        It does appear these two sectors are the two biggest trade irritants.

It will be interesting to see who Captain Crayon and the media blame when a concession is given up due to their political games during negotiations.

Comment

If the US wants us to give up supply management then they should stop subsidizing their dairy farms and over producing dairy products.

We could also give up all our agriculture subsidies like Agriinvest and 1/2 the crop insurance premiums, that way the US will come to their senses and we will get the deal done.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            If the US wants us to give up supply management then they should stop subsidizing their dairy farms and over producing dairy products.

We could also give up all our agriculture subsidies like Agriinvest and 1/2 the crop insurance premiums, that way the US will come to their senses and we will get the deal done.
                            Crop insurance premiums are a subsidy to the provincial government....by us not the other way around .

Comment

This supply management thing is just as powerful as some other fanatisms. The whole country will suffer for the dogma. Weird!

Comment

Well they kind of ran out of ammunition on that early in the thread - the fact that Canada is in the right and has been negotiating NAFTA very well as has consistently been said by Rona Ambrose, someone involved in the process. What's left but to descend to cheap insults on a different topic?
                                I wish, oh how I wish , that she was leader of the conservatives . what a smart , level headed politician !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.