• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drought info my patch perspective

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drought info my patch perspective

Im roughly were blue dot is.

At start of august we had the driest 7 months since 1976 and last double digit fall in mm was nov 17th 2017. Was running 61% below average at one stage but july produced ave rain 25mm and august has as well thus far.

We can run on showers and low rainfall but all depends on temps currently the weather you are having during grain fill is quite normal for us hence low yields we get often.

Told you guys a million times i farm in a reliable but low rainfall area 2t to 2.5 t ha of wheat and barley.

Crops are late and about half as advanced as they should be but still hoping for 50% of average any more will be a bonus but could happen.

Couple that with wheat on farm at $340 to 360 and feed barley at 320 to 340 and both could go higher despite world prices we could have a ok year financially COULD.

Stock feed in paddocks just moving now and again at about 50% but not disaster.

Now all of these comments are for my patch most NSW is diabolical no crop no feed. And really doubt much would happen iof great rains did fall stock feed i guess.

Sheep wheat Grass lamb prices ahve almost hit $9 per kilo dressed but cattle prices slumped possibly around $3 and pork wowza $1.50 all dressed prices

So i am lucky and blessed my canaola is right off and may end up grazing it yet.

No insurance schemes or anything here in aust like you guys talk about. Govt may step in with fodder transport subsidies and some sort of interest rate subsidies or pressure banks to do so.

Those of you who know WA they had super super dry start as well biggest wheat state but since mid june floodgates opened over there and they are having a cracker year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked4EE3299800000578-6033253-The_latest_map_from_BoM_shows_dramatically_low_levels_of_rainfal-a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	778105
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...
X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
You agree to our and by clicking I agree.