• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The “mess” in Canada never stops

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The “mess” in Canada never stops

Our revered First Nations are changing history? by removing Sir John A’s statue.
    I guess the British in B. C. Is next.

Originally posted by samhill View Post
    Our revered First Nations are changing history? by removing Sir John A’s statue.
    I guess the British in B. C. Is next.
    Hìstory is unchangeable, learn from it and apply the lessons to the future!

Comment

If we’re using 2018 social justice warrior rules, Pierre Trudeau and Tommy Douglas should have their names and statues removed from public buildings as well than.

Doubt social justice warriors will complain about these 2 for some reason.

Comment

There should be a few more added to the list .

Comment

Get rid of that Gay hater tommy D and any thing that idiot Pierre Trudeau did.

Comment

Well, Sunday morn spent more than an hour listening to CBC presentation “Trial of Sir John A.
            McDonald, and verdict he was not criminally responsible, and innocent of crimes against humanity in regards to deaths of indigenous peoples on the plains of western Canada.
            The indigenous people are asking for more compensation etc b/c of Sir John A without a legal position.
            As well, I can’t see how he could have had responsibility for the residential schools, unless that happened in the 1870’s/ 1880’s?

Comment

We’re the catholic institutions and churches responsible for those schools ??
              I know it was not my forefathers, my parents , me or my children . But it will be our children who pay for the b/S 75-100 years ago ..... and that is just simply wrong . Go after the very institutions that set them up and ran them , not the average tax paying joe of today ... that’s just insane.
              They can send his statue over here , I will set it up on my corner if he was as Sam stated never criminally found responsible, he was the one who set this nation on a path to what we all enjoy today. It’s not like we live in a country like Afghanistan or Zimbabwe or some other third world country.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                We’re the catholic institutions and churches responsible for those schools ??
                I know it was not my forefathers, my parents , me or my children . But it will be our children who pay for the b/S 75-100 years ago ..... and that is just simply wrong . Go after the very institutions that set them up and ran them , not the average tax paying joe of today ... that’s just insane.
                They can send his statue over here , I will set it up on my corner if he was as Sam stated never criminally found responsible, he was the one who set this nation on a path to what we all enjoy today. It’s not like we live in a country like Afghanistan or Zimbabwe or some other third world country.
                Many agriville posters would disagree with you. Since Trudeau was elected Canada is now a third world country headed for disaster! The economy sucks and we are the laughing stock of the world!
                As soon as Harper was fired it all started. It has only taken a few years to go from the second place best pace to live after Switzerland to one of the worst. Trudeau it is all your fault!!! Make Canada great again! Vote for .......?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  Many agriville posters would disagree with you. Since Trudeau was elected Canada is now a third world country headed for disaster! The economy sucks and we are the laughing stock of the world!
                  As soon as Harper was fired it all started. It has only taken a few years to go from the second place best pace to live after Switzerland to one of the worst. Trudeau it is all your fault!!! Make Canada great again! Vote for .......?
                  So what you really mean is ....... lol

Comment

....the irony....

Sir John A got "scooped". Whisked away despite will or protest.

Quickly concisely without much debate or consultation

Comment

History says Sir John A worked hard to make Canada its own country. He believed we should be a country not a subsidiary of Great Britain and therefore is one of if not thee founding member.
                      He was knighted for his work. If you don’t like our country and history your free to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post
                        History says Sir John A worked hard to make Canada its own country. He believed we should be a country not a subsidiary of Great Britain and therefore is one of if not thee founding member.
                        He was knighted for his work. If you don’t like our country and history your free to leave.
                        Well said, his accomplishments should be celebrated.

Airports are capable of getting social justice warrior jackasses out of the country 24/7/365......

Comment

I don't think the intent of educating the young natives was intended as a malicious act, but it didn't turn out that way.

And I would have to agree the Organizations running the schools should bear some of the responsibility. Didn't the Pope refuse to apologize on behalf of the Catholic Church....imagine refusing to confess their sins, hypocritical! Now a confession would be an admission of guilt wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            CC I do believe Trudeau is making huge blunders for our country, but even so in a hundred plus years from now I sure would hope no one pulls his statue down. History, both the good parts and bad parts are what makes the present and the future. If we forget where we came from how do we know where to go in the future.

Without Sir John A McDonald, you'd either be living in a teepee or be part of the US right now and we all know how much you admire Trump.

Comment

[QUOTE=GDR;386116]CC I do believe Trudeau is making huge blunders for our country, but even so in a hundred plus years from now I sure would hope no one pulls his statue down. History, both the good parts and bad parts are what makes the present and the future. If we forget where we came from how do we know where to go in the future.

Without Sir John A McDonald, you'd either be living in a teepee or be part of the US right now and we all know how much you admire Trump.

I’d have rather he made two countries- Western Canada and Eastern Canada. I don’t think that this model is working well and the whole country is under-performing because the East hates the West.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.