• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme heat day 2 ouch it was hot.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme heat day 2 ouch it was hot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	90AD4C31-AB8F-4B50-9293-94F0B4DF2618.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	778103

Well day two we survived but we had a bit of wind with heat. It got to 34 yesterday. Warm all night.

Cereals are changing fast, today day three is going to be a scorcher they are calling it 39 with smoke.

Canola sour or poor dirt areas is starting to go backwards now.

Early seeded is shutting down late is taking it on he chin.

Oats turning white.

Barley shutting down totally.

Late seeded worse as no rain by tomorrow morning in three weeks. Ok for grass two 1.3 mm and last weekend 1mm rain events whoop whoop we’re in the money.

No one is harvesting in heat of the day go early morning and start at 4 or later.

Antique auction today Hm G 1000

How is every one else doing, if moisture was gas for your car we have been blinking for a hour that tank was low and engine temp is hitting a very high limit.

I love heat in Hawaii or Florida or Phoenix. Sask NO!

Keep hydrated and if harvesting have your fire equip ready and combine units full.

Really hot here as well but another threat has returned. Flea beetles are back and very hungry. So far only Crucifer beetles. Affects swathing/spraying timing decision. The extreme heat is probably giving them more active hours.

Comment

Lipton west Bertha

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        [ATTACH]3254[/ATTACH]

Well day two we survived but we had a bit of wind with heat. It got to 34 yesterday. Warm all night.

Cereals are changing fast, today day three is going to be a scorcher they are calling it 39 with smoke.

Canola sour or poor dirt areas is starting to go backwards now.

Early seeded is shutting down late is taking it on he chin.

Oats turning white.

Barley shutting down totally.

Late seeded worse as no rain by tomorrow morning in three weeks. Ok for grass two 1.3 mm and last weekend 1mm rain events whoop whoop we’re in the money.

No one is harvesting in heat of the day go early morning and start at 4 or later.

Antique auction today Hm G 1000

How is every one else doing, if moisture was gas for your car we have been blinking for a hour that tank was low and engine temp is hitting a very high limit.

I love heat in Hawaii or Florida or Phoenix. Sask NO!

Keep hydrated and if harvesting have your fire equip ready and combine units full.
        Using your car analogy, we would be sitting on the shoulder waiting for CAA and the family all pissed because there is no way to get to the party on time.

Comment

Well let’s hope by Sunday it’s not, using my car analogy out of cell coverage and your CAA isn’t been renewed and your credit card Is canceled.

Comment

Yep says it all

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                Looks like someone has A/C 😉
                Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 11, 2018, 13:01.

Comment

When I came in for lunch the smoke was getting thick and the temp was 28 and a hour later the smoke is really thick and the temp is 26. Humidity 61
                  Last edited by seldomseen; Aug 11, 2018, 13:12.

Comment

At the 2 p.m. update on Enviro Canada there is no posted temperature....I guess the text "too ****en hot" doesn't fit in the box.

Comment

But this is what it is in the Sahara Slum of the Ghetto...

Comment

39 Degrees showing on my dash coming home from farm at 13:30.

Comment

Broke the thermometer in Regina

Comment

Comment

Amazing! NE wind here. Pushing it to make 30C. correction 31C now
                              Last edited by farming101; Aug 11, 2018, 14:52.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.