• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lyle Stewart

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lyle Stewart

Can anyone name one thing he did for agriculture in this province under his term?

I know I know don't shit on the poor guy he has a tough road ahead....

Well he shit on dryland primary producers in agriculture in Saskatchewan pretty well.
    Last edited by bucket; Aug 11, 2018, 06:49.

Stewart's tenure is now history, focus on the new Gaurd. What will they do and how will they represent Ag at the caucus table.

Seems this government and the Con Feds were more interested in the large Industry players than the Primary Producer. And the current Fed Ag Minister isn't doing much either.

I guess everything must be ok.

Comment

Who's the pick for the new ag minister then?

I can't name one person that reflects agriculture today to the primary producers...name one MLA that is just an average farmer that understands the impact of lentil tariffs, steel tariffs, a 12 billion dollar adhoc payment in the US open market system and its effects on our prices.....blah blah blah....

Just name one MLA that would give a shit ....because I haven't heard anyone talking in the press about it...

Shouldn't some other ministries notice the effects ??????

And please don't say the used car salesman Dave Marit

Comment

Maybe Warren Kaeding. "retired farmer". Uncle Edgar was Ag Minister in the NDP days.What could happen?

Comment

Warren did farm and was a seed grower, should understand controlled drainage etc.

Comment

Maybe Moe? Going to get a reaction with that suggestion! Didn't Grant Divine take on the portfolio as Premier?

Comment

Kaeding would be a poor choice if you are a dryland farmer in this province.

Comment

The NDP would love that.

Bucket explain Why

Comment

Good luck Mr Stewart with your health concerns!

But can we blame him or the party as a whole do ministers really have a say any more?

As I said they have really destroyed most help for the real family farmers that exist. We are paying for their extravagant debts.

But at least we have AAA credit rating paid for by farmers of saskatxhewan. Hahahahaha
                  Last edited by the big wheel; Aug 11, 2018, 09:46.

Comment

I think Warren would do ok , I knew him years ago .

Comment

He was a seed grower which isn't in the average farm interest...only a select few....

and sat on the irrigation expansion bullshit that all taxpayers are paying for....

So while subsidizing 20 or 30 farmers to the tune of 750000 dollars per quarter is a good thing ....it's not good for the other 25000 dryland farmers with tariff issues and US adhoc payments....and are the ones paying for it....

Like I said everyone has been quiet....

Warren kaeding would probably continue the constant subsidizing of R$D and farmshows. ...while ignoring the average saskatchewan farmer....sort of why getting return calls is impossible...
                      Last edited by bucket; Aug 11, 2018, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Who's the pick for the new ag minister then?

I can't name one person that reflects agriculture today to the primary producers...name one MLA that is just an average farmer that understands the impact of lentil tariffs, steel tariffs, a 12 billion dollar adhoc payment in the US open market system and its effects on our prices.....blah blah blah....

Just name one MLA that would give a shit ....because I haven't heard anyone talking in the press about it...

Shouldn't some other ministries notice the effects ??????

And please don't say the used car salesman Dave Marit
                        So they picked Marit.....holy ****. The ...if you can't beat them ...join them ....Club. ..

Didn't do much at SARM ...so can't expect much now....
                        Last edited by bucket; Aug 16, 2018, 05:29.

Comment

Don’t think it would matter nowa days. They are all elected puppets. They can find ways to piss away money on shit that don’t matter but anything that would make sense gets moth balled.

Comment

Really you guys name one thing a NDP job ever did for farmers that was great?

Well give him some rope if he does good he won’t hang him self.

Comment

I will defer to my original question ....what did Lyle do for Saskatchewan agriculture....

And then what will Marit do considering he figures if he does half of the previous 2 ag ministers he will be pleased. ...half of nothing is still nothing....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.