• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola area

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola area

There was a time when not much ****seed was seeded in the brown soil areas of prairies.
    Canola varieties, management techniques and possibly climate change have made it a profitable crop in dryer areas to the extent that Sask Crop Planning Guide 2018 lists canola return per acre over total expenses as $158.45 for brown soil, $126.28 for dark brown and $121.38 for black.
    Returns are based in part on Crop Insurance five year average yield for soil zones which show a bushel or two higher higher yield for brown soils over black.
    Thinking that if wheat futures prices can maintain recent gains over canola, it is time to put some canola acres back into wheat.
    Not very confident recent canola yields will be maintained in dryer areas.

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
    There was a time when not much ****seed was seeded in the brown soil areas of prairies.
    Canola varieties, management techniques and possibly climate change have made it a profitable crop in dryer areas to the extent that Sask Crop Planning Guide 2018 lists canola return per acre over total expenses as $158.45 for brown soil, $126.28 for dark brown and $121.38 for black.
    Returns are based in part on Crop Insurance five year average yield for soil zones which show a bushel or two higher higher yield for brown soils over black.
    Thinking that if wheat futures prices can maintain recent gains over canola, it is time to put some canola acres back into wheat.
    Not very confident recent canola yields will be maintained in dryer areas.
    Lol they should run those numbers again after this year ..... lol

Comment

Could you imagine ..... for some strange reason the canola crop pulls off some outstanding yields after what’s it faced? Acres will explode!! It will be like a desert durum. Speaking of desert checked temp for today has the sun and a cactus beside it.

Comment

always a big crop until the bins are empty....pretty good chance that may happen this year and statscan will have to say the gig is up or will they borrow from the next crop again?

Comment

Of course the returns were higher in the wet years.

My 150 acre seeded in spring, field by fall was 120 harvested field.

No flood damage was paid because of a useless system.

So then your 120 x55 = 6600 on 150 seeded is 44

Swift Area 150 x 55 = 8250.

Isn’t math fun with numbers.

Our averages keep dropping and swift went up.

Brown soil out yielded black.

What a crock of shit with numbers.

We’re back to normal weather.

But the west side gets three years or more record crop insurance.

Great system.
          Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Aug 11, 2018, 07:03.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            Of course he returns were higher in he wet years.

My 150 acre seeded in spring field by fall was 120 harvested field.

Great system.

Isn't it great though it takes years to build averages that reflect your farm but every farm program is based on 5 years with a 3 year Olympic average....

Why doesn't crop insurance kick out your worst yield and your highest and shorten the time frame to reflect changes in farming practices....and then go on harvested acres.

Oops they do that in the states.....

Comment

Of course he returns were higher in he wet years.

My 150 acre seeded in spring field by fall was 120 harvested field.

Great system.
              Hey including years you have no crop in your coverage
              Makes the program more profitable. For the government that is.
              If you have trouble because the program doesn work there is always input capital which is made up of friends of the people that want the programs to be poor. Where is input cap doing their business? In areas where major disasters have occurred more than once. They are there standing behind those farmers supporting them through the good times ahead if it
              goes bad well they own more land. The people you vote foR blindly created this situation. Either hold them accountable or quit crying about it. Hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                Hey including years you have no crop in your coverage
                Makes the program more profitable. For the government that is.
                If you have trouble because the program doesn work there is always input capital which is made up of friends of the people that want the programs to be poor. Where is input cap doing their business? In areas where major disasters have occurred more than once. They are there standing behind those farmers supporting them through the good times ahead if it
                goes bad well they own more land. The people you vote foR blindly created this situation. Either hold them accountable or quit crying about it. Hahahaha

We would have better government if we voted for the best person in the riding instead of the Party....blinded by ideology....

Comment

Yes input capital is very smart I wish I would of thought of it.

How to F$&k farmers and still get the land.

My new book I’m working on.

Reality the last drought 1980s was erased for the west side. Check crop insurance those years were removed.

Comment

Yes input capital is very smart I wish I would of thought of it.

How to F$&k farmers and still get the land.

My new book I’m working on.

Reality the last drought 1980s was erased for the west side. Check crop insurance those years were removed.
                    Who paved the way for them????

Comment

Your correct.

But what you want the NDP back they couldn’t even find rural sask on a map.

Union brothers running the show in Regina telling farmers what to do.

Yea that’s just what we need.

Comment

Your correct.

But what you want the NDP back they couldn’t even find rural sask on a map.

Union brothers running the show in Regina telling farmers what to do.

Yea that’s just what we need.
                        Hahaha and so how bad does it have to get with these guys before you say enough is enough? Your not a dumb person I know you know all the corruption all the inaction on agriculture what is it going to take? A photo of your favourite mla holding a bag full of money marked from the farmers of saskatxhewan?

I know you know this is the story of the biggest insider trading in Canadian history maybe.

Let's see one day your buddy is premier so you ask how can we make some easy cash everyone is google eyed over 100 oil so we can do what ever we want so how can we make this easy money.

Well first you go out and buy all the farm land at current values which were low and do so in a holding company call it something capital. Many farmers want to get out because prices are low no one wants to buy etc easy picking.

Then we ll open up the investment on farm land to outsiders this will cause that land to triple. And in the mean time you charge rents on that land which are crazy high but there will be a frenzy over this land. When it gets to the point the high rents don't make sense you sell the company to someone anxious to get in on the big boom. You don't want to be around when rents can't be paid.

So then you relax the lending rules on farm land and create a lending company based on canola. With a crazy interest rate with the high priced land as security.
                        You created the high rents which will make it more difficult for farmers to survive so now you get them by loaning them easy to get loans with interest they can't pay which means you end up with the land for free. Brilliant isn't it.

When you get caught I ll head out to Alberta and do something else. and I don't know you never seen you. Ok. Hahahaha

Comment

2017 results
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Agriculture census divisions Canola 2017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	766650

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            We would have better government if we voted for the best person in the riding instead of the Party....blinded by ideology....
                            Wonder how Gov'ts choose Ministers for each department. What would some of past AG minister resume look like to make them the best man for the job?

Comment

After a year like this, it may be us here in the wet black and grey soils that give up canola acres. This heat with no rain all summer has been brutal on the canola. I took a drive yesterday, and there are very few good canola crops in the area, and lots of very poor. I had some later canola( seeded later, with no Lumiderm, so flea beetles delayed it drastically), It looks nearly white from all the flower blast, anything else with flowers looks the same.

I've always said we throw out the book on how to grow canola, because most of it doesn't apply in our climate, but this year, you could have wrote the book here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...