• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Middle East....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Middle East....

Yemen bombing...

What the hell is wrong with those people. Has history taught them nothing? Or is "history" the problem?

For an area being considered "the cradle of CIVILIZATION" it isn't a civilization I would want to be any part of.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 10, 2018, 12:45.

No respect for other countries different religion (sunni vs shia vs wahabist) or their people. No separation of church and state. Who ever has the biggest stick thinks that it is gods will that they subjugate the other states.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Yemen bombing...

What the hell is wrong with those people. Has history taught them nothing? Or is "history" the problem?

For an area being considered "the cradle of CIVILIZATION" it isn't a civilization I would want to be any part of.
      Which people? the Yemeni kids that were killed or the Saudis using US supplied armaments? They have a long history of piracy and lawlessness in Yemen, going back before it was settled as the colony of Aden by the British to try and stop them attacking their ships sailing to India. Were the British faultless in that? are the Americans faultless in this? I don't think the Saudis are.

Originally posted by Chief View Post
      .....Who ever has the biggest stick thinks that it is gods will that they subjugate the other states.
      Case in point the US announcing it's going ahead with it's "space force" on the same day this happens in Yemen.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Which people? the Yemeni kids that were killed or the Saudis using US supplied armaments? They have a long history of piracy and lawlessness in Yemen, going back before it was settled as the colony of Aden by the British to try and stop them attacking their ships sailing to India. Were the British faultless in that? are the Americans faultless in this? I don't think the Saudis are.

Case in point the US announcing it's going ahead with it's "space force" on the same day this happens in Yemen.
        They may be using US supplied armaments, but they are paying with Canadian supplied dollars.

Comment

Grassy, that whole area is a ****en hell hole, or maybe as Trump puts it....shit holes. I'm not saying Western meddling hasn't affected the state of affairs but my goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
            They may be using US supplied armaments, but they are paying with Canadian supplied dollars.
            If you're implying paid for by oil exports remember the US imports more than 10 times as much oil from Saudi Arabia than Canada does. Certainly Canada is not blameless either with successive Governments having sold armoured military vehicles to the Saudis.

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Grassy, that whole area is a ****en hell hole, or maybe as Trump puts it....shit holes. I'm not saying Western meddling hasn't affected the state of affairs but my goodness.
            Lots of places in western countries are too - lots of US cities you don't walk in certain parts of for example. It's easy to portray less developed countries as warring hell holes but we've got to look at the causes - often it's a legacy of colonial exploitation of their resources, landbase and people. Point is we are all connected - nothing happens in a vacuum, we're all involved.

Comment

Lots of places in western countries are too - lots of US cities you don't walk in certain parts of for example. It's easy to portray less developed countries as warring hell holes but we've got to look at the causes - often it's a legacy of colonial exploitation of their resources, landbase and people. Point is we are all connected - nothing happens in a vacuum, we're all involved.
              Give me a break. The US nuked Japan into submission and carpet bombed Germany into a hellscape and razed Vietnam with napalm and now look at those places now.

Its all relgion. Thats the reason these places cant get it together. There are countries the US has never entered or had anything to do with still living in the stone age.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                Canadian supplied $USD to be specific. Also the Saudis could have used French arms as well. Did you check into that Grass?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Give me a break. The US nuked Japan into submission and carpet bombed Germany into a hellscape and razed Vietnam with napalm and now look at those places now.

Its all relgion. Thats the reason these places cant get it together. There are countries the US has never entered or had anything to do with still living in the stone age.
                  Solid points and we can key in on islamic ideology, barbaric customs specifically leading to the majority of issues which keep countries in the Stone Age.
                  Israel is the only civilized country in that entire region that takes human rights seriously. You could actually pay $ to have a holiday there.........

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    Solid points and we can key in on islamic ideology, barbaric customs specifically leading to the majority of issues which keep countries in the Stone Age.
                    Israel is the only civilized country in that entire region that takes human rights seriously. You could actually pay $ to have a holiday there.........
                    Every time we send troops there.... the media lies. Media is an extension of govt. Where were that chemical weapons? And the Syrian gassian was staged. But some rich prick selling oil is fine

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

Yup , no one wants to admit the truth .
                      The Middle East is generally 100 years behind the rest of the world . So they let women actually drive and vote now ????
                      But hey let’s support them , buy their oil send them millions and shun Western Canada 👎👎👎👎👎👎

Comment

They've been lobbing rockets, bombs, and rocks at each other since time began. Land has been conquered, lost, reconquered, and relost. As chief said... biggest stick wins, always has.

To think it's the wests fault is to ignore history. Sunni hates shi-ite and vice versa. Everyone hates Kurds and the Jews. Persians hate arabs and vice versa. Turks hate persians and vice versa. I could continue but you get the point. Everyone hates everyone. If any of them see a weakness in their adversary they take advantage. And if they are the disadvantaged they wage a guerilla campaign.

The only constant in that neighborhood is the constant rearranging of the rubble.

Comment

When ever the USA has been involved in other regions of the world it has always been about oil, energy security, and supply to the mainland USA.

The USA is now self sufficient in oil and natural gas. The USA no longer needs the other regions of the world, or appears to want them either.

Helm points out the religious groups and idealologies, supply guns and intelligence is way cheaper, easier war to battle. Trump doesn’t care about the political troubles or issues abroad it’s all about mainland USA. The USA is secured, isolated, by oceans and supporting neighbours ( Canada and Mexico), ocean, sky, space, intelligence superiority. Those other warring countries they can ride a bike into the enemies back yard, Trump wants them ( and will support) the local, religious, cultural battles.

Throw in currency wars, (technology, strategic war) well,

I’m glad to live where we are

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                            Isreal takes human rites seriously,,, What a laugh.if your not Jewish you are just cannon fodder, with the USA supplying the powder.
                            I don't know why the Jews seem to be so important to so many country in the world, do they hold the bank strings, and if so why does the USA send so much money and arms to them. We even ask them for opinions on our elections, why do we care.
                            So jump on me with your anti Semitic claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post

The USA is now self sufficient in oil and natural gas. The USA no longer needs the other regions of the world, or appears to want them either.
                              Last complete year figures I saw were for 2016 when the US imported 25% of it's petroleum needs.

They were still importing 700,000 barrels a day from Saudia Arabia in the last quarter of 2017.

Donald Trump's first international presidential trip was to meet Saudi Arabia's King Salman and other Saudi muslim leaders where he signed a $110 billion arms deal with them. Not a word about human rights was whispered there by all accounts - Good old Donald eh?, sucking up to these Muslims, the same ones that were behind the 9/11 attacks. I'm sure you all stand steadfastly behind him while condemning the comments from one of Trudeaus ministers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...