• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did We All Survive Day 1?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did We All Survive Day 1?

Yesterday was cool to what’s coming and it was a hot one. We combined till 2 and shut it down. Finally “cooled” off at 7 so filled up fuel, hoping we could get going around 6 this morning but it’s damp out. Not sure where moisture is coming from, no rain here since July 9.
    It will be heating up faster today! Likely be quitting sometime early aft noon again.
    Cutting peas!!
    Keep safe everyone!!

Yesterday was not as cool as the day before but still reasonable for a heat wave. Today and tomorrow is the test. I agree yesterday our yard was soaked in morning with Dew. Very few are harvesting in our area as lots took a sabbatical with peas and just have the basics for crops. HRS Canola Barley Soy Flax.
    They dropped our high today down to 35 from 38 yesterday. Now we're on for showers starting sat night till Monday. With heat could be interesting few days.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
      Yesterday was cool to what’s coming and it was a hot one. We combined till 2 and shut it down. Finally “cooled” off at 7 so filled up fuel, hoping we could get going around 6 this morning but it’s damp out. Not sure where moisture is coming from, no rain here since July 9.
      It will be heating up faster today! Likely be quitting sometime early aft noon again.
      Cutting peas!!
      Keep safe everyone!!
      Water truck, double disc, and water fire extinguishers on the combines. The lentils are ready we wont be shutting down. Want to get out to Hawgerama after all.

Comment

Hawgarama ya that’s a good reason to burn down a combine 🤣. I won’t take a chance running in this heat.
        Besides, binning product in these conditions is dangerous. Running air is important but don’t think it will cool it fast enough.

Comment

Mallee how does a guy harvest in shit weather like this. All night my guess but we have Dew.

One guy doing lentils yesterday quit early.

Comment

Keep your sniffer on high alert and yes run those fans at night. If wind picks up might shit down.
            Last edited by biglentil; Aug 10, 2018, 07:03.

Comment

You can go all night on peas with a stripper header.

Comment

We have the harvesting code of conduct which i posted a while back.

Most issue in heat with legumes

How is it there?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...