• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0194.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	778098

Well, our Idiot didn't let us down again. Way to go Shit for Brains. But in reality, he did western Canada a favour. Pissing off Saudi was good it will or should make Quebec fuel way higher if it was a real country. They should of building a pipeline and use western Canadian oil. But no had to get in bed with Saudis. You trade and don't worry what the other country does that their people their place.

What will JT F#$K up this week? Dead Tie if election held today.

Ok, the Crop report. Wow, the heat is really turning up this week and basically by Friday its over for this year but wait Sunday now they have a 70% chance of rain at 31 C. That should be a very interesting day if it comes to be. Total rainfall in the last two weeks is 2.3mm so yes we missed my Exhibition Rain.

Harvest has begun in our area on a small scale. The early peas are coming off and averaging about 40% below normal so if you had 70 bus av you grew just over 40. Red lentils 25. First fields of Barley are swath in our area.

Ok, here we go.

HRS is filling and turning fast. Top of the heads will have smaller seed or just light shit that blows out. Some Fuzz spotted but looks like nothing major and maybe spraying was worthless. The yield on all HRS in our area looks to be good, but I don't think it will average as high as last year. It had potential but needed one more shower to fill big plump seeds. Oh well, 2019 here we come.

Name:	VXPVEgPTSq24SCBK5x2TQg.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	778099

Barley is turning or burning and filling last it can. Some green spots from later emergence are showing up. Should swath in five days or next Monday after the rain. We swath and harvest in three days to even out for malt. We just cut a 5-acre patch for parking equipment that needs to come out of the yard. Tried double swathing 72ft. Should make the S690s Grunt.

Name:	xGlxME+3SHObhhDv0SEq0w.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	778100

Oats is burning and turning white all over Sask. This will be one crop to watch. Lots of oats up north and NE but white spots and white fields mean lower yield and light.

Name:	rDLE7BJHQE+kTL0W5FEP6A.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	778101

Flax is done flowering and WO is sneaking through. Looks thinner than last year. Some fields seeded early are turning.

Lentils are turning and some fields des.

Few Canary fields and they are turning a white colour.

Durum is starting to turn with min Fuz this year. Hm, will we seed durum in 2019? Yea I'm thinking so.

Canola is filling its final push on early seeded and will do fairly well for yield. The later seeded will get smashed this year. Hail damaged shit isn't recovering at all and what they gave you is all your going to get. Moisture is deep in the ground but how can a plant recover with 30 to 37 temps at night. Yesterday was great as smoke kept us at max 27. Today still smoke for a bit so who knows. I believe 2018 Canola crop will be 19.7 mt. Some guys have total shit some guys have not bad but short shit, some guys have thick plants with no pods and some guys will have light shit and very few will top the 60 plus this year.

Name:	xQMG8TO7T%unEM+68O6QZA.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	778102

Part two since only 5 pictures.

Pastures are still hanging on not bad.

Name:	72fPzxe9SsaEUavfw%k0mg.jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	766637

Green feed getting rolled up all over the place.

Name:	HfcMDINbRYycIUhIThZQoA.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	766638

The heavy land has these funny things forming.

Name:	IRlE3VV%Rw2M%+GPtEcFUg.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	766639

Yea we need a good fall rain as 2019 could have very big issues without the soil getting charged.

Name:	gXFicV%aSzGYfiKnAeJMYw.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	766640

Forgot peas they are just finished spraying with Reglone and few green patches but did have some recovery with Viper problem so Cocktail did work but looking for ideas for next year since the area I left as a test will have very nice yield compared to area sprayed.

Comment

Don't forget the smoke coming will save a few bushels too!!!!!

Comment

Final thoughts,

For our area, the hrs crop will be a little less than last year. It looks good all over. Min Fuz and maybe protein in the 15 plus.

For Canola, the crop will be an average depending on two things seeding date and rain showers. If you missed one field a half mile away mighty of caught and yield is higher.

Peas yield will be down from last year.

Lentils our area will be up in yield as lots of issues were in the 2017 crop with wet areas that produced zero. This year whole fields.

Corn needs rain.

Soy I also forgot has big problems. Awesome plants great height and the only thing missing is pods. Hm, need pods.

Name:	48WaEZU5TUyTHjW06tT2cA.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	766641

Name:	7A908P8KSp6AYSdXhGKs%w.jpg
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	766642

Barley will be less yield than last year.

Oats way less.

Flax less.

Basically, this is a typical Western Canadian Summer. Some look like heroes with a rain shower a mile away. Its weather and showers and hot and dry.

As harvest approaches please be very careful as yes a shitty crop is hard to take. I did it for a year driving 100ft through a canola crop with flooded out thin shit that you were sure the yield monitor was going backwards. or driving through running water as you harvest or getting stuck. We all go through it its Canada. So again please be safe.

It's just a crop that mother nature picks the winners and losers. The grain companies and experts are calling it a big one so fall prices can be very soft and they can profit from this huge big crop. I laugh as this is a small sucker and its a year to deliver as little as possible to protect your bottom line.

Please share your area and how the heat has affected the crop.

Comment

Name:	+ewzlF0bT+a6wtbG9pcbkg.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	766643

Water source did very well this year but will need a little water to fill for next spring. Still nice and clean but dropping.

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	766644

Name:	M8%gD%rZTTaGC0JjDTGtZQ.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	766645

Comment

Canola futures dropping this morning as the heat rises. Must be a T storm coming with the heat just in time to save the crop. 🤣

Comment

Just drove by Edgeley and first field of Canola is swath! First to flower.

Comment

Our soybean were planted relatively early, have a nice cluster(8-10) of pods 4 to 6 inches above the ground,,,,but from there up the stalk, very few more. And the beans are tall this year, like you were saying. Haven't seen viable blooms now for over a week, and checking yesterday, spotted areas that might be showing the first signs of leaf color change. If we don't get a meaningful rain in the next week, they'll all be turning. I feel the yield may already be looked in.

Starting to wonder whether soybeans are really meant for us.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                  Just drove by Edgeley and first field of Canola is swath! First to flower.
                  Swathed canola and hot weather. If it is mid 30s plus, will it not turn to pepper?

Comment

It’s really thick and ripe I think if he pushed it would shell.

Comment

I'm really worried about the canola finishing in this heat, hopefully it doesn't turn to pepper in this weather. Heard the barley is extremely light and low low low yields. The early oats looks terrible, should be ready to swather in a week. Our later oats looks amazing, just worried about how the heat is going to affect it, there should be enough moisture to finish it off. I honestly thought we had an above average crop to average, worried this heat will take it down too below average.

Comment

Spotty rain doesn’t make grain.

This year if your land is spread around one field might be awsome then drive and harvest the next and it’s a WTF happened moment.

Later canola will suffer in our area I guess the last 1000 acres I should of switched into canola sooner than finishing wheat together with second drill.

Worked field last fall turning or burning way faster.

If seeded early don’t think will be yield issues. It if you seeded those later not good not good at all.

Peas are all sprayed maybe do the wheat on the sand ridge now for the bags.

40 acres

Comment

Hey today temp max 30 now.

Got a case coming this fall now need the Fendt

Comment

Sf3 - you bought a case combine finally ??

Comment

What does a field, with those type of heads yield??? Top 1/3 - 1/4 of head, small shrivelled kernels, likely light test weight for those kernels.

Gonna be some surprises, especially if the grade doesn't hold to a #1, even more so, if there's a discount on high pro.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...