• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea Harvest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea Harvest

Growing season started out too dry but peas established well in spite of that. Then too much rain at one time and got some sick patches but they never continued to spread. Growing season precip was good but some top pods never filled properly. The disease patches are producing peas but at a large reduction to the good areas of the field. Quality is good....should he done in about 2-3 days...barring any major breakdown.

Bucket says we're not supposed to post yeild results.

I have trained my kids to say 10 maybe a strong 10 if they are good...thats it....10 bpa is the best yield description you will get from me....

Comment

Just starting another 1/4 tonight. Yield is average, perhaps back to normal. We were spoiled with the 50-60 bpa years. I think a lot will be in for a reality check this year.

Comment

There is everything from soup to nuts in this area for yeild prospects, land that hasn't grown peas or at least a long time ago has some fantastic looking stands. Then there is a young guy who rented a field that I doubt will pay both expenses and rent, he better be in Crop Insurance. ...and everything in between.

It is a dream straight combining these peas...they're still standing. Nothing worse than peeling lodged peas off wet ground. We've harvested peas in some pretty tough conditions. Feeling greatful. Two of our neighbors have swathed theirs...yikes, wind blown peas aren't fun either or are wet heavy swaths. We've experienced both, now opt to straight cut.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerSmuck View Post
          Just starting another 1/4 tonight. Yield is average, perhaps back to normal. We were spoiled with the 50-60 bpa years. I think a lot will be in for a reality check this year.
          Cargil experts say bigger pea crop than last year 🤡

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            This year's pea crop on our farm will be bigger than last year's furrow, but maybe the Provincial average won't be bigger??????

Comment

Heard of a 5 bu yield south of Medicine Hat. Average yield likely close to 30 most years.

Comment

My pea crop will be a monster ..... compared to last year. Hope I don’t flood the market. 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  This year's pea crop on our farm will be bigger than last year's furrow, but maybe the Provincial average won't be bigger??????
                  There will be spots for sure , but overall pea yields will be off 15-20% imo
                  Yield around Wilkie last year were 70-80
                  Be lots of 35’s this year .
                  This area 40-50’s , this year 30-40’s .

Comment

Ok everyone...greens or yellows?

Rider green here...lol

Comment

They say that every year so we should be at 200 bushels an acre. Hahahaha

Comment

There will be spots for sure , but overall pea yields will be off 15-20% imo
                        Yield around Wilkie last year were 70-80
                        Be lots of 35’s this year .
                        This area 40-50’s , this year 30-40’s .
                        I would think this is accurate for our area as well furrow.

Comment

Our peas will suck this year thanks to the useless chemical Viper, rep won’t discuss have spots not sprayed just done with assure will yield double.

They all can sell but when something doesn’t work crickets.

Some big dogs are doing the peas south of valley 30 to 40% less than average.

Our area will be 27% less than normal on peas.

Comment

My yield is down 35-40% from last year.

Comment

What are actual pea yields for those of you who harvested already? No need to be worried about being judged....everyone try’s for top returns and the weather determines the final outcome.....it is what it is. Just interesting to know what yields people are getting and how much rain the crop got during the growing season.

Also price for yellows and greens? What are people hearing?
                              Last edited by Crestliner; Aug 7, 2018, 09:07.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.