• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saudi Arabia Stops Trade /w Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Klause;385401]I don't think y'all get that Saudi Arabia is a buyer of lentils and pulses.

We are locked out of India, Turkey hates us, and now Saudi Arabia.

We keep this up there will be 0 markets for then.[/QUOTE

2017 - lentils $2.581 million dollars
    2017 - peas - $1.590 million dollars
    2016 - lentils $2.215 million dollars
    2016 - peas $412,406 dollars

There are single farms that grow more peas and lentils that Saudi's import.

Hows the streaming contract working?
    Did anyone you know join the class action?
    Or did y'all not get that memo?

Comment

Here is our Prime Ministers priorities:

Last edited by MBgrower; Aug 6, 2018, 11:35.

Comment

Looks like Saudi Arabia buys nothing significant for pulses.

Sounds like PM Groper is too busy to deal with this issue since with he’s at another gay parade.....🙈

Comment

I want a CWB rail car back. Maybe a part of a relatively new ship too. These trade decisions should work both ways for anyone who unilaterally threatens to cut another country off.

on other hand...just what precipitated this current state of affairs. We don''t need Saudi oil; but guess who just might have decided they don't need or want dirty Western Canadian oil.

Comment

For the sake of our country our idiot prime minister and his minions should lay off the twitter. What ever happened to silent diplomacy? I expect better from them. I would expect that kind of behavior from under 30's.

Comment

[QUOTE=oneoff;385460]I want a CWB rail car back. Maybe a part of a relatively new ship too. These trade decisions should work both ways for anyone who unilaterally threatens to cut another country off.

on other hand...just what precipitated this current state of affairs. We don''t need Saudi oil; but guess who just might have decided they don't need or want dirty Western Canadian oil.[/QUO

How much Saudi and Middle Eastern oil is getting sucked into Eastern Canada everyday, either directly or indirectly? If Trudeau and Freeland are so disgusted with their internal politics, then build the Canadian pipelines and cut off the money train to the Middle East. No, they won’t do that because they hate the West more than they hate the atrocities indemic in the Middle East.

Comment

I think this is great. They are no critical customer of ours. The country is filled with a bunch of religious jag-offs. Happy to cut ties with them. They dont by jack shit from just anyway.

Including the 16,000 students taking up space in our universities. Make room for some people here to get educated.

The maybe this will lead to a national project to cut their oil imports off.

Comment

It might be a good thing i am not prime minister because I would be kicking every ****ing saudi citizen out of this country.....every one of them good or bad....and then nationalizing their business interests for fun.

Comment

How much Saudi and Middle Eastern oil is getting sucked into Eastern Canada everyday, either directly or indirectly? If Trudeau and Freeland are so disgusted with their internal politics, then build the Canadian pipelines and cut off the money train to the Middle East. No, they won’t do that because they hate the West more than they hate the atrocities indemic in the Middle East.
                    Unfortunately this is correct, which is why extra regulations were added to kill Energy East, Northern Gateway....and Trans Mountain could be going if leadership was shown. 👎

Comment

Approximately 86000 barrels per day comes from Saudi into eastern Canada per day
                      Approximately 486000 barrels per day come from the U.S. Into eastern Canada per day

Comment

Am I reading this wrong, doesn't it say that no new trade deals would be made. So wouldn't that mean that all existing trade can continue as is?

Comment

[QUOTE=LWeber;385451]
                          Originally posted by Klause View Post
                          I don't think y'all get that Saudi Arabia is a buyer of lentils and pulses.

We are locked out of India, Turkey hates us, and now Saudi Arabia.

We keep this up there will be 0 markets for then.[/QUOTE

2017 - lentils $2.581 million dollars
                          2017 - peas - $1.590 million dollars
                          2016 - lentils $2.215 million dollars
                          2016 - peas $412,406 dollars

There are single farms that grow more peas and lentils that Saudi's import.

Hows the streaming contract working?
                          Did anyone you know join the class action?
                          Or did y'all not get that memo?
                          Is this Saudi Arabia trade barrier part of another back door redistribution of farmland and oilfield wealth?
                          Trade war interrupts marketing opportunities, slows sales, chokes cash flow. Farmer resorts to streaming contracts to function, predatory lenders eventually own the tarmland then sell it to the Canada Pension Plan ?
                          Without Energy East pipeline, could a similar play be used for western oil properties? Do I need a tin foil hat?

Comment

You do realize that Saudi Arabia took the exact same action last year against Germany and in 2015 against Sweden right? Funny no one on this list took exception to this happening or posted when it was against Germany or Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                              You do realize that Saudi Arabia took the exact same action last year against Germany and in 2015 against Sweden right? Funny no one on this list took exception to this happening or posted when it was against Germany or Sweden.
                              None of us live in Germany or Sweden

Comment

Are Germany and Sweden taking exception with the trade tariff action being continually launched against Canada.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.