• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I have identified the problem. ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have identified the problem. ...

I coffee quite a bit with my 84 year old mother....she's usually on top of the news for the day from Trudeau to trump etc...

So we talk about how they farmed and always it is how it wasn't ever this expensive.....grain at the same price while dad's 750 combine in 1976 cost 36000....6000 bushels

The number of bushels to buy a new combine today 70000 bushels wouldn't touch a new one....

And as far as generation farms many of the youngings that talk a market based industry don't ****ing realize their dads didn't send the adhoc or government money back... they kept it and that is what is allowing them to farm today....

**** some people are stupid....

So while some say a pulse tariff or Trumps new trade agenda don't need a Canadian government payment to western Canada. ....go ask your dads the difference an adhoc payment made in the 70s or 80s...and then start doing the math on a bushel of grain from the 70s to now....maybe then some people will realize how they are being ripped off....

The Richardsons , paterson, heimbeckers and others enjoy their resorts for a reason,,,,

Any word on how the Westons got away with a few billion dollars in collusion and price fixing....because no one said anything....there is where the ad hoc payment should be coming from...instead the government helps P&H build a flour mill....
    Last edited by bucket; Aug 5, 2018, 10:44.

Good for you on the coffee visiting front. It is another reason why I believe you have your heart in the right place.

The government believes you have been adequately paid with a $25.00 Loblaw card. Now please say thank you to those nice people, and give your mom the card.

Comment

Bucket

because you got a 25 dollar card and somebody else probably got a million or 2 in campaign contributions.

Comment

But when does the average Canadian say enough is enough..

Comment

Only when the people go hungry will they realize that farmers are more important than Justin ****in Biebor Tom cruise or some sports athlete. Our hero’s are zeros that are allowed a podium but don’t know what they’re talking about.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...