• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Weeks Weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Weeks Weather

Heard a rumour the coming week was suppose to heat up, didn’t want to look but curiosity got the best of me. Yup, it’s coming!! Starting Tuesday it will be a comfy 31, then the heat wave will kick in after that reaching 34-35.
    Local off sale is already sold out the most popular brands already due to what’s coming.
    For some real encouraging news have a read what Lerner put out for the long, long range weather for fall and winter.
    SK3 you won’t need to head south it will be warm here minus the beaches. LOL

I'm hoping that heat forecast gets reduced a bit, it doesn't need to be that hot. On the bright side, we should get the peas finished in that weather.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      I'm hoping that heat forecast gets reduced a bit, it doesn't need to be that hot. On the bright side, we should get the peas finished in that weather.
      You might need to the peas on ice to keep them cool. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
        You might need to the peas on ice to keep them cool. 😁
        Aeration....Don't stick your head in the top of the bin the first day you run the fans...that hot humid air will drown you.

Comment

I'm pinning my hopes on the fact that the forecasts have been wrong here so far all summer. There has been significant rain in the forecast at various times, and it never materializes. So maybe they can be wrong about this too?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            I'm pinning my hopes on the fact that the forecasts have been wrong here so far all summer. There has been significant rain in the forecast at various times, and it never materializes. So maybe they can be wrong about this too?
            They are never wrong about heat, and always right about wind.

Comment

There will be a lot of peas sprayed off this week .
              Lots of second growth in early seeded wheat crops in areas, not going to be fun to deal with at all .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                There will be a lot of peas sprayed off this week .
                Lots of second growth in early seeded wheat crops in areas, not going to be fun to deal with at all .
                We Diquated a half section last Sunday(29th) and Monday(30th) evenings.

Comment

Forecast for here has thurs, fri, sat right around 100f, with tues, and wed at 90+. Anything still green is going to get roasted. Overnight lows of 70+ on two of the days wont allow for much in the way of recovery. Think i'll keep the diquat in the dealers chem shed. Mother nature looks like it'll take care of the dessicating this year.

Comment

So how much harm can still be done by more hot dry weather in your area? Are the driest areas beyond help or harm by now?

Here, my later canola is still in full bloom, would have been perfect time to get some cool and rain, not 32 and dry. Earlier is getting less yellow by the day. Cereals I think the verdict is mostly in already. Anyone hoping for second cut will be disappointed with this, looked promising, but now flowering at 6" tall. In my short life it seemed that we always get rain at some point, and spreading the risk around pays off somewhere. This appears not to be one of those years(unless you believe the forecast...)

Comment

We had nearly 7 tenths on August 2nd and the temp has been reasonable since. I'm thinking it would have helped cereals and canola plump up some seeds. We are down to the short strokes of finishing this crop in the Slum of the Ghetto, any more significant rain at this time may be for "next year". I think the tap may as well be shut off and lets get on with the job of harvesting a quality crop...no matter the size of it.

Peas suffered...some top pods never filled well, oh well, that's farming.

Let's keep safety in mind this harvest season...

This goes for everyone, not just Sasquatchians!
                      Zero injuries, zero fatalities, and hopefully not zero profits...lol

Take care.

Comment

I see Sat is 38 with a possible T storm. WOW!!
                        Not sure what will hurt more the 38 or the t storm?? But ..... there’s always good news at the end of the day, Sun is going to be cooling to 29.
                        Have to get to the long underwear out for that day.

Comment

Come on slum people. Just think how much hotter it would become had not Alberta started paying carbon taxes. It's Miller/bean filling time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...