• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats going on at graincos

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats going on at graincos

Anyone else notice grainco reps playing musical chairs lately....

Did the family tea decide to move guys around to move customers?

Seems odd that guys getting close to pensions or 20 years in move to another company after developing relationships that help their scheduling and buying etc?

This comment isn't the case everywhere. But I do believe there may be a move towards a much more business type relationship than a friendship style relationship.

Terminal workers with little to no farm background relationships or connections...easier to be less empathetic. If you can't "relate" to a farmer's struggles it is easier to not care....or grade tougher....even after Mother Nature was the first to kick you in the nuts.

The grain selling "battle" is fought on two fronts...grading and pricing, both generally represented by different people in the same Company.

I try to keep everyone on a first name basis and everyone needs to remember respect is reciprocal.

The worst is being treated like a fool...little do they know the oxymoron, "dumb farmer", is a pretty passè phrase...we are becoming more sophisticated and have access to a wealth of information...the world is a much smaller place than it was afew decades ago.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 5, 2018, 09:12.

Comment

Is anyone afraid to voice their opinion on an open internet forum because of possible repercussions?

Who could possibly be lurking?

Comment

The worst here is cargill. no one makes 10 years, mostly 5.

Comment

It’s generally because companies are never satisfied with CSRs sales sheets. Always the what have u done for me lately shpeel. Too bad I’ve seen a lot of good people move on because whatever they do is never good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
            It’s generally because companies are never satisfied with CSRs sales sheets. Always the what have u done for me lately shpeel. Too bad I’ve seen a lot of good people move on because whatever they do is never good enough.
            I hear Cargill is hard on their reps. Maybe they use the jimmy pattison play book, fire at least one rep each month to create fear in the rest? Its too bad when you lose a csr that you have built a business relationship with and have to start all over with a greenhorn.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
              I hear Cargill is hard on their reps. Maybe they use the jimmy pattison play book, fire at least one rep each month to create fear in the rest? Its too bad when you lose a csr that you have built a business relationship with and have to start all over with a greenhorn.
              The last thing they want is you having a COZY relationship with your CSR

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Not picking on Cargill. Really this happens at all large corporations. For example the big banks rotate their people at an even greater rate. I got so tired of this i began to work with the area credit union instead where turn over is not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Is it only CSR's that are issue. What about grain handlers that grade etc and head office staff that call the shots?

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                    Is it only CSR's that are issue. What about grain handlers that grade etc and head office staff that call the shots?
                    I believe the CSRs are only doing their jobs within the guidelines set from above, their job is to source the grain within the price ranges set and in the timeline required to fill trains and orders. The Grading is another whole story, but likely with direction from above as well.

It's up to you to "negotiate" the deal.... good luck!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...