• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well, its a Crop report so here it is.

Trudeau didn't let us down again as the Pm who never works took a few days off from his busy schedule for personal days.

You idiot we have violence in Toronto thanks to your allowing every single fool to come here and live off us Canadians. Two children were Murdered and you flew in got your photo opp and left. Canada couldn't negotiate out of a wet toilet paper tent so just Admit you are mentally challenged and step down and end this shit show once and for all. Oh, they are lowering the Carbon tax because guess what Canada isn't competitive. Who knew.

Ok, it's trying to rain in Regina right now Thunder roll was the theme since around 2:52 and just pissed now a first real downpour for 3 min 1/4 in city rain gauge.

North of the valley not as strong but maybe longer lighter rain shower for few miles then lighter then heavier around 16 corridors.

HRS is turning and one good rain the week of exhibition usually finishes a crop off in our area and brings it in fast. Well, heat is doing it already and this morning showers might be enough to start the fall process. Looking back when I say normally we usually were doing peas or desiccating early may seeded peas in 7 to 10 days so normal is this year for us. Wheat is in the dough stage and you can dint early wheat kernels. Our area will produce slightly fewer HRS than last year. But we are in a sweet spot. Hail did do on average 9.9 % to worst was a barley field at over 50%.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	QPRIk6lVSrGJ%2ga9ZsAZw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	778087

Peas the early ones near the top of the Valley were desiccated last Monday and harvest has begun. Yield lower than last year. Some along the valley they won't waste money desiccating as to dry.
    Our are turning and will be sprayed next week. Yield will be lower than last year for the area.

Name:	gzjsZg2NQ%uHQBZ2RTDSzQ.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	778088

Barley is turning fast field seeded five days before me will get swath and harvested next week. Three days down and then harvest if the weather turns hot next week. The yield on early barley will be good later will not. Hail damage on my one field over 50% no prize there.

Name:	n9d1ZoNJQiG7i+6OQwVd3Q.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	778089

Lentils turning and some still green triple sprayed.

Flax is done flowering and setting seed.

Oats early is ok late will have issues if no major rain.

Canola early will be the winner this year first time in a while. Later needed a good drink a week ago not a half inch. Oh well, sometimes you're the Bat sometimes your the Ball. Early is not quite as good as last year late is way worse than last year. So an average crop on canola to slightly better for this area depending on rain and seeding date.

Name:	uxSqcLtSS1+wsmfXtOo2qA.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	778090

Pastures, if overgrazed, are showing signs of weakness but guys with good rotation are doing good. Hay is less than last year but will not be an issue for most.

So as the calendar changes months and we start the Harvest of 2018 please be careful out there as the ones at home are way more important than any crop that they will take in Bullshit crop reports that show way above average production. Just like last year. HAHAHAH as I spit out my Coffee.

Name:	2omvNzqsQaeIEnn+oN%kig.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	766618
    Hayfield

Name:	2bzDw60IQzWLCCTc+7jdgg.jpg
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	766619
    Early Barley

Name:	8hdhZoL3QD6fCN71ADmKNg.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	766620

Early wheat

Name:	tX8FSaLwR0GLM0wBgKE1wQ.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	766621

Peas shutting down.

Name:	25QZ%ggCTCSXZ+KExgxlnQ.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	766622

My little bit of Florida. A lemon tree and an Orange tree in Saskatchewan.

Comment

So for our area, the yields will be this.

HRS Less but by just a bit.

Barley less but just a bit.

Oats less.

Peas way-way way less.

Lentils good.

Durum less but less disease.

Canola will be less.

The rule for our area in general if you had 65 wheat it will be 60 or less.

Canola 52 average last year will be 45 to 47.

Barley less on average.

I have travelled a lot of Sask this summer and some areas are not nice at all. Some are Burnt in spots and some so-so. Very few 11s out of 10 this year in Canola. Heat hurt.

But keep letting fools tell the media its an ok crop so farmers keep buying and industry uses stupid basis and market tells about all other problems in the world except whats going on in Canada. We mean something also if the whole world has production issues.

So please share your area. Remeber when I was flooded for all those years it was tough to write about our flooded crops etc but I did. Its Canada its weather and Mother nature is a bitch if she wants to be. I still consider this year a normal growing year for our area. Most fields will be back to end to end for spring of 2019. We're Back Baby.

Comment

You posted last report a 67 bu wheat crop coming according to your calculations. Are you still on track for that? Obviously, your crop haven’t suffered like most have with the pics you post. Take a few of the “bad” areas to show us you have had stress like 99% of Sask have had.

Comment

I never said the whole crop will average 67.

But the later will be lower production and early will be good. So yea this is the result.

I will state a 100 times our area is back to normal Saskatchewan weather. Hot dry July and odd shower if you get one your a rock star if you miss its an average get none and its lower production.

The wet years weren't normal. They lasted longer than I thought.

look back when most of us were kids. Summers were hot.

yes farming has changed and direct seeding has helped but subsoil won last year most were out of gas this spring.

I Believe its a below average crop for Sask. from what the last 10 years have produced.
          Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Aug 2, 2018, 07:05.

Comment

Anyone from the Vegreville area ??

Seen this picture yesterday, but not 100% sure it was Vegreville.

Comment

Some in Montana like that or Crows nest but also flooding along mt.

That would make water run.

Comment

Another useless report from another useless organization to crush farmers. Post real shit you morons.

If our area is a sweet basket and has an average to slightly better WTF is the rest of the THree provinces.

Way above.

God people are morons.

Boy Scouts Canada will save the world until December when they realize farm production was way-way lower in Canada.

Grain World Crop Tour 2018 Points to Higher Yields
                Last week, FarmLink hosted the first annual Grain World Crop Tour. Six cars left from different locations in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta making their way to Saskatoon, visiting fields to observe crop conditions and estimates along the way, says a post on farmlinksolutions.ca.
                The results of the Grain World Crop Tour showed a higher yield expectation for Western Canada than what was projected before the tour.
                Wheat increased by nearly 4 bu/acre, putting it above last year and the 5-year average. This increase projects a production total of 24.1 million tonnes, still modestly below last year, and within the range of what we have seen in the previous few seasons.
                Canola followed a similar pattern, although this translates into a new record production total in the range of 22 million tonnes.

Comment

Some news letters I subscribe to had some NVDI and Enviro Can Precip maps in them...it doesn't paint a very pretty picture for some areas of Western Canada....lets just say I'm busy counting my blessings. Got .64 of an inch from about 3 a.m. til now 7:45.

It will shut straight cutting peas down at 7:00 P.M., when they are ready and we finally get out there. They toughen up fast as the sun goes down.....OH WOE IS ME! Suck it up buttercup.... bonus is it will help plump up whats there(canola and wheat)

Comment

Do any of the expert lurkers want to hazard a guess from the information provided today. ....or just keep taking it in and spewing garbage?

Here is what I have seen ...the tops of most short wheat heads are burnt off....

Know why the heads are short you lurker maroons? Because it was dry at the 4-5 leaf stage....now take another 30 percent off....

Seen canola with the flowes blasted and any top pods are fried and aborted....big crop....not for the groceries applied to it....
                    Last edited by bucket; Aug 2, 2018, 08:25.

Comment

The soybeans here .....

Need rain ASAP though

Comment

Furrow

My soybeans have roots 11 inches straight down....is that a good thing?
                        Just pulled a plant and thats where the root broke...

Nodulation is very good ....

some have told me I have compaction issues in the field....I think not.
                        Last edited by bucket; Aug 2, 2018, 08:37.

Comment

Not sure how big of a area..we got 1.2 inches in a few minutes last night..just a wall of water came down..

Comment

Well got to other side of valley, radar showed shower for 1/2 to 3/4 of hour-and it’s a useless 1.3 mm or just like a heavy dew. Useless!

Here is sand ridge for big zee

Comment

1.3" 2-6 am, wind hard rain, crops lodging. Hail N of Archerwill, only 4/10" E of Archerwill. Again extremely variable, 1/2" in Wadena.
                              Yes saw winter scene of hail on highway in BC. Burned patches in crops, early barley has the most. I would say the later seeded if they make it by Aug 31 will be the best crops here. Some canola only half bloomed. Forecast chances of rain next 4 days, yup it's the calendar flip that causes weather to change?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...