• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will burned heads fill?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will burned heads fill?

All my wheat looks like this likely 70% of each field burnt patchy, only 2 weeks after flower, not much color left on flag leaf in those areas, some milk in the top kernels. Been getting a few showers last couple days but only a couple mm at a time but at least the clouds are trying now. At heading wheat looked really good, barley burning a bit but not as bad as the wheat. Never seen this extent before, often see some white burns on the beards but never seemed to hurt yield or weight much. Is it screwed or will moisture now still pull it through?

Originally posted by GDR View Post

All my wheat looks like this likely 70% of each field burnt patchy, only 2 weeks after flower, not much color left on flag leaf in those areas, some milk in the top kernels. Been getting a few showers last couple days but only a couple mm at a time but at least the clouds are trying now. At heading wheat looked really good, barley burning a bit but not as bad as the wheat. Never seen this extent before, often see some white burns on the beards but never seemed to hurt yield or weight much. Is it screwed or will moisture now still pull it through?
    A lot of permanent damage done , might fill some and and a bit of weight .
    Hopefully I am wrong

Comment

It will fill bottoms as it runs out of moisture and up. Lighter weights will happen this year on lots of Crops.

That Semi load you filled last few years with a few piles front back and sloped down might be right to top all way across this year and still be under legal.

Good luck late rain now could also cause very dry areas to start growing again. I saw that before in the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        It will fill bottoms as it runs out of moisture and up. Lighter weights will happen this year on lots of Crops.

That Semi load you filled last few years with a few piles front back and sloped down might be right to top all way across this year and still be under legal.

Good luck late rain now could also cause very dry areas to start growing again. I saw that before in the 80s.
        A lot ossecond growth in areas around here.
        Canola in the area showing severe heat / moisture stress . Damage has been done to a lot of crops .
        Peas were hit 10 days ago to the point it finished the last 20% yield . Canola held on until last weekend but now the effect is very visible in some fields. Wheat hanging on visually but losing daily now.
        One company stating the pea yields will be higher than last year , sorry but it’s impossible.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.