• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck, evidence that your side has lost the debate in one image

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck, evidence that your side has lost the debate in one image

Click image for larger version

Name:	Global Warming.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	778085

I also searched Al Gore, David Suzuki, Micheal Mann, cap and trade, carbon tax, SLR, CAGW, and any other related search terms I could think of, all have a very similar downward slope. People have lost interest. Check out the box office numbers for An Incovenient Sequel.

Of course, that doesn't in any way prove or disprove the theory, but it proves that tactics such as yours are failing miserably to bully or scare people into believing, in fact, having quite the opposite effect.

If you want to spend the time, look up the ratio of peer reviewed papers critical to Climate Change vs. supportive, as it changed over time. Look at polls of peoples priorities over time. Look at election results worldwide. I can't spoon feed it all to you.

A rather strange and probably flawed conclusion you're drawing AF5. Think back to when the internet was a new thing, or an iPhone was just invented - interest peaked, often to a frenzied state. Now years later they are an accepted part of life declining "interest" in the phenomena but usage has never been higher. Your trend lines indicate to me people have learned about, and accepted the reality of climate change and what has to be done to mitigate the effects and they have moved on with their lives. Other than, of course a tiny proportion of the population that think the iPhone will never work and we must stick with the tried and tested computer that punches the holes in card and occupies a space the size of your living room - and if you're American is preferably coal fired.

Comment

Actually, you could tag the Iphone as being coal fired too

Name:	Coal Consumption.jpg
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	766614

https://yearbook.enerdata.net/coal-lignite/coal-world-consumption-data.html https://yearbook.enerdata.net/coal-lignite/coal-world-consumption-data.html

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
        Actually, you could tag the Iphone as being coal fired too

[ATTACH]3199[/ATTACH]

https://yearbook.enerdata.net/coal-lignite/coal-world-consumption-data.html https://yearbook.enerdata.net/coal-lignite/coal-world-consumption-data.html
        Hmmm, isn’t that a shocker .. lol

Comment

Interesting, maybe there is hope?

Oddly enough most of the discussion by our Agriville “warmists” is courtesy of coal power generation........... 🙀

Comment

Thank you farming101 for demonstrating negative correlation. The possibility that iPhones are the sole cause of coal consumption increases is about as absurd as the OPs assertion that the decrease in internet searches surrounding global warming indicates that the population longer believe in it.

Comment

Grass, since you and Chuck obviously won't be bothered to research anything which might conflict with your viewpoints, I will spend a little more effort and present some more for you:

Name:	Poll.jpg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	766616

If you can't read it, it is a Pew poll from January, dealing with climate change is at 18th place out of 19 places. The decline has been in lockstep with the graph posted above.
              This is in spite of decades now of constant indoctrination of our children in school, right through University, Non stop bombardment by nearly all types of media, Hollywood, politicians, virtue signalling celebrities, the ever present reminders (attacks) of people like Chuck, the support of the UN, and inordinate amounts of funds. This should have been the easiest PR campaign ever to win, instead, the ludicrously unbelievable alarmist predictions, the embarrassingly unprofessional tactics (some would say illegal) of the supposed professionals, the blatant disregard for the scientific process, the attempted end runs around democracy, the complete lack of qualifications of most of those who speak the loudest, the childish belittling and attempted discrediting of anyone who attempts to use science to offer a realistic alternative viewpoint, and most importantly, the stubborn unwillingness of nature to cooperate with any of it, have driven public support away.

If or when this issue (or nearly any true environmental issue) should actually become a real and tangible threat, it will be nearly impossible to win back the public support after abusing it so badly for so long. The boy has cried wolf for too long.
              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Aug 1, 2018, 10:14.

Comment

Yeah, but those are "% of American adults who say "x" is a top priority for Trump and congress figures"

We aren't allowed to use things happening in the US on this site remember? - your rules?

Besides I bet if you asked the population of countries that are suffering the worst affects of climate change you'd get a different %.

Comment

So Albertafarmer 5 have you given up on finding peer reviewed science to back up your claims that human caused global warming does not exist?

Instead you have decided to dig up Google search trends? Are you grasping at straws?

I have no doubt that most humans are more worried about their personal lives and making sure they take care of themselves and their families in the short term. Most people are just worried about keeping their job, paying the mortgage and putting food on the table.

Climate change is a long term problem with some current examples of negative impacts.
                  However that doesn't mean that most people aren't concerned about the negative affects of climate change. They just don't want to do much about it.

Throughout human history there have been numerous examples of civilizations that have come and gone because of excess population, environmental degradation, overuse of resources, and failure to adapt.

There is s good chance we will repeat many of these mistakes on a global scale.

Many parts of Europe and the northern hemisphere are hotter and drier than normal this year. Crop yields will be lower.

As you can see by the precipitation map a lot of western Canada is drier than normal and yields will be not as good as many have hoped. But don't worry there will always be next year.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    Yeah, but those are "% of American adults who say "x" is a top priority for Trump and congress figures"

We aren't allowed to use things happening in the US on this site remember? - your rules?

Besides I bet if you asked the population of countries that are suffering the worst affects of climate change you'd get a different %.
                    So why in **** dont those countries do something about it , (i.e. india , china , etc.) and yes , free condoms for everyone to tackle the real problem our beautiful planet has

Comment

How about the UN's survey worldwide, you can check it country by country too, see if Bangladesh is more concerned with climate change than access to clean water and sanitation, they are after all front and center poster children for SLR. http://data.myworld2015.org/ http://data.myworld2015.org/

Climate Change is dead last as usual.

You will have to remind me of my rules? I said I think the unhealthy fixation Canadians have with the personal life and personality of the democratically elected leader of a foreign sovereign nation seems unjustified considering the current state of affairs of our politics and economy, or something to that effect.

You can disregard the source, the author and the text if it doesn't suit you, but this timely article has links to a bunch more worldwide surveys that put climate change last:
                      https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/08/01/global-warming-is-not-peoples-most-pressing-concern/?cn-reloaded=1 https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/08/01/global-warming-is-not-peoples-most-pressing-concern/?cn-reloaded=1

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                        So Albertafarmer 5 have you given up on finding peer reviewed science to back up your claims that human caused global warming does not exist?

Instead you have decided to dig up Google search trends? Are you grasping at straws?

I have no doubt that most humans are more worried about their personal lives and making sure they take care of themselves and their families in the short term. Most people are just worried about keeping their job, paying the mortgage and putting food on the table.

Climate change is a long term problem with some current examples of negative impacts.
                        However that doesn't mean that most people aren't concerned about the negative affects of climate change. They just don't want to do much about it.

Throughout human history there have been numerous examples of civilizations that have come and gone because of excess population, environmental degradation, overuse of resources, and failure to adapt.

There is s good chance we will repeat many of these mistakes on a global scale.

Many parts of Europe and the northern hemisphere are hotter and drier than normal this year. Crop yields will be lower.

As you can see by the precipitation map a lot of western Canada is drier than normal and yields will be not as good as many have hoped. But don't worry there will always be next year.
                        Chuck, if you had bothered to read any of this thread, or my previous posts, I said next winter when I have free time, I will gladly provide peer reviewed papers to refute any of the propaganda you spout.

I clearly stated in my first post here that this in no way proves or disproves your theory, it only proves that your tactics are failing to win or even maintain public support.

This was in response to a previous posting where you claimed that the debate has been lost, but you confused who had lost the debate. I pointed you in the direction of evidence, but you couldn't be bothered to research any of it yourself, so I am providing some. I will continue to whenever I have a few spare minutes.

Comment

Thank you farming101 for demonstrating negative correlation. The possibility that iPhones are the sole cause of coal consumption increases is about as absurd as the OPs assertion that the decrease in internet searches surrounding global warming indicates that the population longer believe in it.
                          That was not the reason I posted the chart. Never even thought of that because it is ridiculous

Comment

A good part of people seeing through the glowball warming fraud, is the old adage from limousine liberals, "do as I say, and not what I do."

When Al Gore and Bernie Sanders live and own in 4 or, 6 or, or more houses, along with all the Hollywood mouthpieces like George Clownyass, and Leonardo DiCrapio and all the dozens of others, with their houses and their fights, true beleivers we're told,,,don't change their lifestyles, well,,, doesn't seem to be very serious then does it.

And our little PM and his Climate Barbie, taking an entourage of around 450 people, to a climate meeting, really is evidence that taxing carbon gas is really a taxing scheme. By this government sending Billions of dollars of taxes, collected from the peoples, the citizens of this country,,,to other countries, without any idea how, or where, or to whom the money is spent is really criminal.

By calling carbon gas, pollution,,,is scientifically criminal.

Warming might be happening, if so, it's only the continuation if warming since the glowball iceage started to melt. After all, under the thin layer of earth's crust we're standing on, is hot molten lava, which very frequently comes to the surface.

If glowball warming is so bad, how is it we're growing more food than the world has ever seen, to feed more people the world has ever seen.

Glowball warming = climate change = Tax Grab !

Comment

Climate Barbie's move to reduce the carbon tax on select industries should demonstrate conclusively that it was never about the environment and always about the tax revenue. For those diehard Lieberals with their heads so far up their asses that news of the real world takes months to penetrate we can only wait and hope.

Oct 2019 can't come too soon.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...