• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest 2018 ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low yields don't fit into a grain buyers program....does it?????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Low yields don't fit into a grain buyers program....does it?????
      A 60bu crop being harvested in July... I figured it seemed pretty far fetched, but then I don't grow the latest and greatest genetics

Comment

P+H lowered protien spread from 6 cents a tenth to 3 cents a tenth this morning..
        Guess what is coming off the fields?

Comment

Friend in RRV valley texted me. Took some CWRS off. Probably some of the best land on the prairies that he farms. Not a lot of rain all year. Maybe 5 inches he said. 60 bushels 15.5 pro. About 10 bushels better than he thought.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            That 60 bu/ac yield was "reported" by bucket! He's far too humble to brag about it...the ****er.

Edit....those are his dryland yields....the irrigated ones aren't ready yet!
            Sounds like he better buy more bins!

It is getting to be the time of year where we start to hear about young farmers with miracle crops in the south record record yields on their combine monitors with no rain....hard to separate BS from truth during harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              happy !

To come on here when some Farmers have had zero rain and make a statement that your buddy is getting 60 bu an acre of wheat 10 bushels more than he expected with not much rain only five inches shows you have zero class !
              OUCH!!!

I don't think he meant to offend anyone
              I get extremely sensitive myself when our crops are poor and other people are pulling off real good ones, but my poor crops aren't their fault.

Farming is a stressful tough gig, sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

Hang in there wiseguy.

Comment

Wise guy what the heck at 5 inches you've got Twice as much as me !!

Comment

Hppy that’s a crop failure in the RRV.

And winter wheat probably

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    Farma I em more than hangin in there !

Its about showing respect for fellow Farmers experiencing drought !
                    Hey I'm sorry. Last thing I'm trying to do is offend you. Just stating what I'm hearing. I apologize.

And no, that's spring wheat, and of course sf3 knows what farming in like in every corner of god's green earth!

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                      P+H lowered protien spread from 6 cents a tenth to 3 cents a tenth this morning..
                      Guess what is coming off the fields?
                      Try more like 2 down from a 13.5, 1 up to 14.0 and above 14.0 nothing. Guys with pro are gonna get the screws again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyFarmer View Post
                        Try more like 2 down from a 13.5, 1 up to 14.0 and above 14.0 nothing. Guys with pro are gonna get the screws again this year.
                        What P&H is that? The location I mean?

Comment

Interesting to know which locations too although I wouldn’t be surprised if they all change at once?

Other grain companies tightened their protein spread as well apparently.
                          Last edited by Oliver88; Jul 31, 2018, 18:43.

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post
                            What P&H is that? The location I mean?
                            Dutton and Yorkton.

Comment

We’ll be getting discounted for anything over 13 soon.

Comment

Guys don't get to stressed out when you hear big yields from some place that got lucky on rain. We all take turns at this game but no one likes a bragger.

The year the west grew the monster crop an area just north of me never seeded much and what they were able to seed was just garbage. Non stop rain all summer destroyed everything. That fall the media went on and on about the monster crop and the super high yields and all those guys had was empty bins and the fields full of water and weeds.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...