• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how does an elevator segregate CNH and CWRS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does an elevator segregate CNH and CWRS

Did the CGC think about the logistics of the system for adding another class which is very similar.

Plus as others have said is the probing system adequate to lay blame?

We have been selling Dark northern and Hard Red to Ceres at Northgate for a few years. We have quit growing DNS because the yield bump doesn't make up for the price hit versus HRS. Ceres doesn't seem to have a problem segregating the wheats, no different IMO than handling Durum or winter wheat separately. It all comes down to grain specs and binning different wheats for different markets.

Comment

And then when it gets to the coast they need a certain load it’s mixed and sent.

Win win for grain companies again

Comment

Farmers sign a declaration at time of delivery however there is provisions in the grading guide system to allow for Wheats of other classes, it is up to elevator to grade and ship according to degrading of WOOC's. If they grade it wrong who is at fault?

How are farmers going to keep classes from mixing over time, in fields or when changing from one class to another at harvest or seeding? Does this all tie in with UPOV 91 or what ever seed companies want to call paying farm saved seeds?

Comment

A certain amount is blended out. That can be taken as fact.

But otherwise I really don't see how it's any different than an elevator with limited numbers of bins taking lentils, peas, canola, cwad and cwrs of numerous grades and proteins.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
            Farmers sign a declaration at time of delivery however there is provisions in the grading guide system to allow for Wheats of other classes, it is up to elevator to grade and ship according to degrading of WOOC's. If they grade it wrong who is at fault?

How are farmers going to keep classes from mixing over time, in fields or when changing from one class to another at harvest or seeding? Does this all tie in with UPOV 91 or what ever seed companies want to call paying farm saved seeds?
            How do guys manage to keep durum, hard red, soft white, general purpose, cps, and barley separated as is? It's all about dilligence. I clean my own seed from fields I deem to be the purest. There is alot of time spent cleaning air carts, combines, bins, augers, trucks, cleaners, etc... It can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
              How do guys manage to keep durum, hard red, soft white, general purpose, cps, and barley separated as is? It's all about dilligence. I clean my own seed from fields I deem to be the purest. There is alot of time spent cleaning air carts, combines, bins, augers, trucks, cleaners, etc... It can be done.
              Totally agree however lots of wheat gets down graded for WOOC when they are visually distinguishable and farmers will change seed based on that factor. Elevators generally blend that down graded lot out and either pass that back to farmers or absorb the increased grade.

My question is how is the system going to deal with those that are not as diligent as others, or in the case of accidental mixes? Classes were visually distinguishable to the trained eye but not with new classes. Look how many guys try sneak lower grade into system as it is, like layering in trailers or trying to slip by the odd off grade load.

Comment

How many segregations at your elevator guys we have between 8 and 12 smaller sites maybe 4

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Did the CGC think about the logistics of the system for adding another class which is very similar.

Plus as others have said is the probing system adequate to lay blame?
                  Some are doing random DNA testing...most are taking your word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    How many segregations at your elevator guys we have between 8 and 12 smaller sites maybe 4
                    Most of our sites have a minimum 12 to 15 separations of atleast 1,000 tonnes. Plus another 10 to 16 that are 250mt plus several small separations. Larger locations could have an additional 20 separations or more.

Lots of different designs. Concrete plants have the most and steel plants the least. Most clean before shipping to the coast, so smaller bins help with that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...