• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name a major farm issue your MLa has raised?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you name a major farm issue your MLa has raised?

Just thinking of Doug Ford booting out millions in UN needed politicians.
    Of all the issues facing rural saskatxhewan has your mla ever gone on tv or radio and said what they felt wasn't right and not right about the new changes to agriculture? What do we need what many for? Big severances for what?
    Loss of seed rights and crazy costs
    R and d paid for by farmers not resulting in benefit for us
    Small towns disappearing
    Chem costs
    Program costs and returns programs getting worse
    Rail disaster
    Grain grading
    Millions given up the chain to businesses that go broke and those people walking away with millions
    Loans given to non farmers and walking away with millions when it goes to shit but farmers walk away with nothing have seen it many times.
    Mandate of lenders in agriculture
    Rural roads
    Rural healthcare
    Developing other industries in small towns
    Secured trade deals and if they go bad donyou hear from your mla????
    Does your mla go to sleep at the old folks home?
    Has your mla had an original idea about your area?
    Will your mla talk to you whether you have a membership or not

Time for a third party in saskatxhewan.

All good points and yes he hasn’t addressed any of the issues you posted.

Still better than anything the NDP ever did. They didn’t even know rural sask existed.

No need for a new party as that would split the vote and NDP would win with 37%.

So work with what we got and push for your issues

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      Just thinking of Doug Ford booting out millions in UN needed politicians.
      Of all the issues facing rural saskatxhewan has your mla ever gone on tv or radio and said what they felt wasn't right and not right about the new changes to agriculture? What do we need what many for? Big severances for what?
      Loss of seed rights and crazy costs
      R and d paid for by farmers not resulting in benefit for us
      Small towns disappearing
      Chem costs
      Program costs and returns programs getting worse
      Rail disaster
      Grain grading
      Millions given up the chain to businesses that go broke and those people walking away with millions
      Loans given to non farmers and walking away with millions when it goes to shit but farmers walk away with nothing have seen it many times.
      Mandate of lenders in agriculture
      Rural roads
      Rural healthcare
      Developing other industries in small towns
      Secured trade deals and if they go bad donyou hear from your mla????
      Does your mla go to sleep at the old folks home?
      Has your mla had an original idea about your area?
      Will your mla talk to you whether you have a membership or not

Time for a third party in saskatxhewan.
      I have spoke with MLAs....when I was bitching about the deficit one time he hadn't hung up the phone when he said "**** off"....no kidding....

Now there is a young guy out campaigning already ....he is a WCWGA member and saskpulse director and has been here on agriville a few times....so much to list on his resume but been pretty quiet on the pulse tariff...that's a major issue for Saskatchewan right now....

MP Tom Lukiwski's office told me to quit calling because I wasn't a constituent but the elevator I deliver to and was closing was in his constituency...

None of them give a **** ...they want 8 years for a pension....
      Last edited by bucket; Jul 28, 2018, 07:58.

Comment

On this point:

"Millions given up the chain to businesses that go broke and those people walking away with millions
        Loans given to non farmers and walking away with millions when it goes to shit but farmers walk away with nothing have seen it many times."

Without a measure of morality applied, who is doing it wrong? If the "Profiteers" are richer than when they started...weren't they successful but the "business failed".

I've said it before, when the "Entrepreneur" financially SEPERATES himself from his business....beware!

That may be a little off topic but it might be a condition to receiving taxpayer money....a personal guarantee needs to be attached to the money received.

In other words, don't apply for taxpayer money unless you're willing to risk your personal wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          On this point:

"Millions given up the chain to businesses that go broke and those people walking away with millions
          Loans given to non farmers and walking away with millions when it goes to shit but farmers walk away with nothing have seen it many times."

Without a measure of morality applied, who is doing it wrong? If the "Profiteers" are richer than when they started...weren't they successful but the "business failed".

I've said it before, when the "Entrepreneur" financially SEPERATES himself from his business....beware!

That may be a little off topic but it might be a condition to receiving taxpayer money....a personal guarantee needs to be attached to the money received.

In other words, don't apply for taxpayer money unless you're willing to risk your personal wealth.

Yes it would be nice if governments could put caveats on the money they spend that ends up as a subsidy to these so called entrepreneurs.

A good example is that Bombardier deal to Airbus....not one mention if Bombardier paid back one cent of the government money used to develop the C series jet. No one questioned it...NO ONE!!!!!

here is another example....the Riverhurst irrigation project has taken 30 years to infill. Some land had a pipeline across it but never had a pivot put up....sold for hundreds of thousands more as dryland with that government supplied pipe on it....the landowner squirrelled that money to their account....they did nothing but wait. No economic value put into the community just simple greed.

And there is more examples but you get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Yes it would be nice if governments could put caveats on the money they spend that ends up as a subsidy to these so called entrepreneurs.

A good example is that Bombardier deal to Airbus....not one mention if Bombardier paid back one cent of the government money used to develop the C series jet. No one questioned it...NO ONE!!!!!

here is another example....the Riverhurst irrigation project has taken 30 years to infill. Some land had a pipeline across it but never had a pivot put up....sold for hundreds of thousands more as dryland with that government supplied pipe on it....the landowner squirrelled that money to their account....they did nothing but wait. No economic value put into the community just simple greed.

And there is more examples but you get the picture.
            Please give the examples past and present some of the young crowd weren't around and some of the old crowd forget!!!hahahaha

Comment

Spudco barns were sold for nickels not the dollar ...might as well had a bingo with only five guys in the room ....everyone knew where that was heading.

How about looking at guys that had their farms written down using government money thru the FDRB and now are being the ones driving the high prices 25 years later. History will be repeating.

How about looking into the amount of supposedly farmer money that gets spent on anything but primary production.....every trade show is government sponsored but I have to pay to get in.

R&D is funded by government and checkoff dollars and by rail overcharges and now they want more royalties ??????WTF. NO ONE says boo.

To his credit Grant Devine championed two heavy oil upgraders in this province to use very cheap oil....anyone notice the price of gas ????

Comment

More of a problem that I see is the people getting involved in politics are down right ****ing stupid.

Comment

When you talk about graft, old boys club, political hacks, crown lands, political interference, farmers hands aren't clean either ,they may not be on the bombardier scale but are fu-cking crooks just the same gov bailing out bankrupt farmers ,some more than once, I guess where I screwed up was drinking the whiskey instead of giving it to the mal.

Comment

Again we’re do you get your info. Farmers going broke and getting it all forgiven. Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      More of a problem that I see is the people getting involved in politics are down right ****ing stupid.
                      like.

Comment

Easy answer..
                        ZERO..he is a total loser.

Comment

Ours is totally uselesss cant name a single thing he has done . Been on there about 3 terms hiding in the back closets i guess ? Wasnt much of a farmer before that

Comment

Oh forgot..he has a golf tournament..

Comment

I bet a bunch of them spoke up on the CWB issue - shame most of them got it wrong lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.