• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AGT....might go "Private"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AGT....might go "Private"

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/agt-food-and-ingredients-announces-receipt-of-a-proposal-to-effect-a-management-buyout-689235641.html https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/agt-food-and-ingredients-announces-receipt-of-a-proposal-to-effect-a-management-buyout-689235641.html

At the last Rider game at the new Mosaic stadium, I saw bucket in the AGT lounge sipping cocktails while sitting beside al Katib....Murad and bucket looked like they were on a first name basis...

No, but really, what is this all about? I wonder where all the money is coming from for this "Privatization"....a move away from a publicly traded Company.

Look where the share price went after the announcement. The 37% "premium" evaporated!

Comment

319.9 million $ market capitalization
      24.237 million Shares outstanding
      19.918 million Shares floating

Is this an attempt to bolster market capitalization to improve "ratios"?
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 27, 2018, 07:28.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        319.9 million $ market capitalization
        24.237 million Shares outstanding
        19.918 million Shares floating

Is this an attempt to bolster market capitalization to improve "ratios"?
        This has been rolling around in my head for a day and I can't figure it out. The only thing I can think of is they are so bulled up long term about the direction of this company than now is the best time to buy those shares back to go private. Given the pulse situation one would have to think near term they are more trouble than good...who knows.

Comment

Parsley was poking around
          Weber has a bit in his newsletter

There has been losses and other negative press about AGT.

Comment

I d lik to know who's money is being used in this whole outfit. How much government money has gone into this thing?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
              I d lik to know who's money is being used in this whole outfit. How much government money has gone into this thing?

LOTS.....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/agt-food-and-ingredients-announces-receipt-of-a-proposal-to-effect-a-management-buyout-689235641.html https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/agt-food-and-ingredients-announces-receipt-of-a-proposal-to-effect-a-management-buyout-689235641.html

At the last Rider game at the new Mosaic stadium, I saw bucket in the AGT lounge sipping cocktails while sitting beside al Katib....Murad and bucket looked like they were on a first name basis...

No, but really, what is this all about? I wonder where all the money is coming from for this "Privatization"....a move away from a publicly traded Company.

I don't know the guy but if I did sit beside him I would be scared he would eat me.....see the size of that guy?
                Last edited by bucket; Jul 27, 2018, 08:38.

Comment

Another member of the family tea by taking it private??????

Comment

Depends who is driving the bus. Fairfax won't want this to stay private for too long. Prem Watsa did some things with BBerry awhile ago that could apply to this case as well. Fairfax and Point North own 10.5% and with options they still retain on convertible debt for up to close to triple what they already have. That would be approaching 50% with management 17% share. Unfortunately the 50% of other shareholders are the big losers unless they have held since day 1. Most will be quite upside down at $18 or even $20 if they are fishing for a better offer.
                    Privatize it, take average shareholder to the cleaner though it stems the bleeding shareprice under $15, wait for the cycle to rebound and they will be floating an IPO in a few years, perhaps a different name or structure somewhat, but that's only way Fairfax gets their $. And as always government invested $'s are sold for cents on the dollar (Spudco, Petro Can, Skydome, Sask Hwys, etc....)

Comment

Looks like some investor groups smell a rat on this deal....

Comment

As a private corp they don’t need to let anyone scrutinize the financials...keep charade going and the govt money flowing.

Comment

Gov money will flow and then the purchase of a rail line up north will happen.

It’s a slight of the hand magic show

Comment

As a farmer I invest in farm land and don't spend a lot of time on investments in stocks. I do find this summers discussion about AGT's future kind of odd. As a grower we have for the most part had very good dealings with AGT in selling lentils. I hope to see them around for the future. It was of interest to me when a link to an investment web site article was discussed on Agriville. The article was pretty damming of AGT's future. I kinda wondered why the writer didn't use his or hers real name? Auger Analyst ? My take away was the writer felt it was game over for AGT. Lot of posters felt yes this was the case. Western producer article interviewing Murad discounted this thinking strongly. Now the new story in the news with them offering share buybacks. Auger Analyst must be happy to get out of AGT now. Outfits like the big investor Fairfax were probably very involved in this plan and it probably wasn't a surprise. Do I read it correctly that many in Sask love to see the big guys go down whether business or farm?

Comment

Jamesb

As mentioned earlier there are some big shareholders in AGT that are not to keen on this latest development.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...