• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whopper of a crop coming FAST

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those “experts” needs to go for a drive from Regina to Swift , up to NB over to Stoon then back to Regina ...... covers about 50% of the province then come back with a realistic report .. 🤡

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      You seriously think the sask crop is that good ??????
      What logical reason for bullshitting like that ?????????
      These companies cannot never see past the end of their nose tho ?
      They sure wouldnt have me after that bullshit report
      I have no idea if the crop is that good. I don't venture to far from home throughout the summer. BUT I also don't have a reason to believe they would bullshit. Your taking it as they are trying for force the market down......i have serious, serious doubts on that.

There are farmers involved in these tours and i will take that info way ahead of any other non farmer entity.

Comment

Show the designated route ....areas they stop at....how many people...and a daily report ....then its a transparent report.

Guys are saying how my crop looks good...walked out and losing rows without rain...I am not that stupid...Crop insurance said IF it fills 25 maybe 30....looks better....but thats an in field row counting....and assuming at this point it will fill...

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          You seriously think the sask crop is that good ??????
          What logical reason for bullshitting like that ?????????
          These companies cannot never see past the end of their nose tho ?
          They sure wouldnt have me after that bullshit report
          And seriously guys we are not living in the center of the universe. Western Canada crop prospects wont drive global prices alone. That's what we should be worried about.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyFarmer View Post
            And seriously guys we are not living in the center of the universe. Western Canada crop prospects wont drive global prices alone. That's what we should be worried about.
            Germany won't say how bad their crop is....Australia is in a drought....EU is dry...Reduced exports from Russia...

Yup all points to lower prices in Canada....because we have the equivalent of elevator storage full on farms.

Since 2013 there are two farms minimum in my daily travelling that have put up over 10000 tonnes of storage and are adding now....remarkable...but those costs shouldn't be owned by farmers of any size.

Comment

No happy you are right but we all know that Australia is very dry. Europe is dry. Russia and Ukraine dry. USA crop not that great.

So why bullshit what is going on in canada.

Take a f$&king drive and tell us how the west side will be higher than last year.

I know our yields on the east side are close O last year but I don’t think we will beat last years results.

So unless the fools use new math we’re calling their billshit.

We need real reports not shit reports to sell their fertilizer system and have stupid farmers spend more to achieve less

Last night heading to the lake white spots spotted in some fields along the way on lighter hill tops. That’s east of us and north.

Yea it’s a big one

Comment

Starting to show here based on soil, seeding start and storm luck. <than avg for damn sure.
                Bly turning white. Canola dropping flower. Peas heading for home. Wheat, shorter heads we'll see about filling.

2013/14. Hmmm..
                Think that was the year i prebooked everything in July and shipped all wheat by Nov. Managing my own inventory seemed to work well that year.
                Don't know / care why people keep bringing some things up.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                  No happy you are right but we all know that Australia is very dry. Europe is dry. Russia and Ukraine dry. USA crop not that great.

So why bullshit what is going on in canada.

Take a f$&king drive and tell us how the west side will be higher than last year.

I know our yields on the east side are close O last year but I don’t think we will beat last years results.

So unless the fools use new math we’re calling their billshit.

We need real reports not shit reports to sell their fertilizer system and have stupid farmers spend more to achieve less

Last night heading to the lake white spots spotted in some fields along the way on lighter hill tops. That’s east of us and north.

Yea it’s a big one
                  If you think all the bitching and belly aching you do is going to raise prices you best give that head of yours a shake. Haven’t you farmed long enough to see we don’t count in the world?
                  The only farmers I care about is the ones that will have a poor crop and pathetic prices. With your monster crop coming you can live quite comfortable with today’s prices. Learn to appreciate and be thankful for what you have today. It seems like it’s never enough for you.
                  Yes, I agree prices aren’t great which means I will be CUTTING back in some things. Guess that word isn’t on your vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                    If you think all the bitching and belly aching you do is going to raise prices you best give that head of yours a shake. Haven’t you farmed long enough to see we don’t count in the world?
                    The only farmers I care about is the ones that will have a poor crop and pathetic prices. With your monster crop coming you can live quite comfortable with today’s prices. Learn to appreciate and be thankful for what you have today. It seems like it’s never enough for you.
                    Yes, I agree prices aren’t great which means I will be CUTTING back in some things. Guess that word isn’t on your vocabulary.
                    Well said!

Comment

If I remember correctly, there was the same kind of questioning about crop yields before 2013-14 harvest.
                      Railways stated unexpectedly higher yields were part of reason for not being prepared to move what turned out to be bumper crop.
                      Graincos said lack of movement was reason for high basis, what else were they to do to discourage delivery?
                      Also remember wheat board lawsuits with railways, do not think it would have done any better.

Comment

Western Canada is a big diverse space...to think the whole area is a representation of your farm and backyard is foolish.

For us:
                        2015 poor
                        2016 stellar
                        2017 poor
                        2018...looks better than 2017 but not as good as 2016

....probably "average"....

Comment

Your correct with the assessment.

Just listened on Yorkton to Townsend their rep.

What a idiot in his explanation on canola etc.

This isn’t a crop your but a rah rah for the company.

Total crock of shit
                          Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Jul 27, 2018, 13:20.

Comment

Pretty simple to me than. If you all believe crop is overstated than lock the bins. Market will react to lower supplies eventually. Australia has major canola woes as well. Maybe China was come knocking on the door soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                              Your correct with the assessment.

Just listened on Yorkton to Townsend their rep.

What a idiot in his explanation on canola etc.

This isn’t a crop your but a rah rah for the company.

Total crock of shit
                              I think i have been on here since 2012 and every summer you say the crop is shit so i guess why would it be any different this year.

And he is the idiot?????????????????????
                              Last edited by HappyFarmer; Jul 27, 2018, 16:14.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyFarmer View Post
                                I think i have been on here since 2012 and every summer you say the crop is shit so i guess why would it be any different this year.

And he is the idiot?????????????????????
                                Don't take it personally .. unless your last name is Townsend. First name Neil. And the Reuters report is derived from the "Friday crop report on a Thursday"
                                Last edited by macdon02; Jul 27, 2018, 17:47.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...