• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whopper of a crop coming FAST

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who said this years crop will average 42 for hrs and last year it was 41.

We are in a garden spot but my wheat won’t out yield last year. It might be same.

And after driving around sask and seeing the crops their is no way in hell the crop will be even close to last years.

Who writes this bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      Who said this years crop will average 42 for hrs and last year it was 41.

We are in a garden spot but my wheat won’t out yield last year. It might be same.

And after driving around sask and seeing the crops their is no way in hell the crop will be even close to last years.

Who writes this bullshit.
      We shall see....I don't think they just "wrote it". By the sounds of things they put a lot of effort into it finding farms that want to participate and assessing fields with those farmers. And I would have to believe they took a lot of info from their own numbers and the farmers numbers to make a assessment in this report. So I think its a little more than "writing".

If you would rather have Stats can that's fine.....i don't.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyFarmer View Post
        We shall see....I don't think they just "wrote it". By the sounds of things they put a lot of effort into it finding farms that want to participate and assessing fields with those farmers. And I would have to believe they took a lot of info from their own numbers and the farmers numbers to make a assessment in this report. So I think its a little more than "writing".

you will never see what the yield is or was . it's a close guarded secret between govt and traders . remember the big canola carry over two years ago, that was only fabricated to hold prices down? and then it was gone . it's all bullshit but if you are a farmer , you will never know the truth
        and for what it's worth and these idiots were "working for me " I would vote with my checkbook and send them packing . sounds like they are working for the other side , not the farmers that are paying their bills

Comment

In the states the have designated tour routes where they count heads and reports everyday....in Saskatchewan, what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            In the states the have designated tour routes where they count heads and reports everyday....in Saskatchewan, what is it?
            if you are a farmer saying crops are poor , you are a whiner
            if you are an "expert" it is taken as the gospel

Comment

It's probably better to overestimate.

Flame away

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                It's probably better to overestimate.

Flame away
                Short term probably not
                Long term I see the logic
                Especially if the crop is smaller than estimated

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  you will never see what the yield is or was . it's a close guarded secret between govt and traders . remember the big canola carry over two years ago, that was only fabricated to hold prices down? and then it was gone . it's all bullshit but if you are a farmer , you will never know the truth
                  and for what it's worth and these idiots were "working for me " I would vote with my checkbook and send them packing . sounds like they are working for the other side , not the farmers that are paying their bills
                  You seriously think they are working for government and traders???????? Seriously????????????? Don't you think they are trying to get the best info possible for the farmers that pay them so they can make good sales decisions??????They don't have farmers they are not in business.....

Comment

You seriously think they are working for government and traders???????? Seriously????????????? Don't you think they are trying to get the best info possible for the farmers that pay them so they can make good sales decisions??????They don't have farmers they are not in business.....
                    Where are the tour reports in Saskatchewan. ...as far as farmers you can call us peasants now....

We are receiving US discounted pricing further pushed down by a trade war started by Trump and now by his adhoc payment....

If we are using the US exchanges for pricing ..the Canadian government should follow with the appropriate amount as well ....

That's what they did with the auto bailout a few years back in 2008 ....right?

Comment

We are receiving US discounted pricing....
                      Something the anti-CWB campaigners said would never happen with "marketing freedom" - it was going to be picked up in your yard for American price.
                      If you're worried about the accuracy of yield info maybe cosy up to JD and ask for the data - they should have it all.

Comment

What's my problem? Has it crossed your mind that basis is set off these "reports"? Remember winter of 13/14 after farmers, like a bunch of drunk teenage girls on Girls Gone Wild flashing their tits, were posting yield monitor pics of 70-80 bushel wheat, were rewarded with negative $3 Or $4 basis levels? Did Grain World approach FL or was it reverse? Why is this information released? To sell a service. If your familiar with Informa, previously known as Sparks, their business model is working for the end user. Predominately livestock and smaller coop grain elevators. Now every futures contract needs a buyer and a seller, so be it, that's what makes markets. Don't be so naive to think there isn't bigger money behind a service then what's in the best interest of the producer. There are no examples of genuinely looking out for the little guy. I find it odd that after a 5-6 year decline in futures and producers margins that now FL teams up with a heavy weight like GW. Tough sledding selling a service? It's usually the consultants that get cut first. Look at Cargill's Crop Sense program, it doesn't stand on its own legs but C wants access to the fields so they know what's coming so they have no surprises. Yes there's sat shots and all sorts of cool shit they can use but there's no correlation, YET, for that into yield. They need boots on the ground so they have a weekly report sent back to Minneapolis. Cargill had the world's 3rd largest intelligence agency in the 70's only CIA and KGB were larger. WHY?.... there's good individuals that'll help producers but there's no business model for it, it's a 1 way street. Quit giving away data boys.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                          Something the anti-CWB campaigners said would never happen with "marketing freedom" - it was going to be picked up in your yard for American price.
                          If you're worried about the accuracy of yield info maybe cosy up to JD and ask for the data - they should have it all.
                          I was someone who thought the CWB should go....but that was after many conversations about the lack of transparency .....the same thing is going on today....

There is no more competition here....

But the US pricing is discounting the market because of the farm programs and ad hoc payments in the states...

We end up with the shit price and use equity to compete against other countries treasuries....

Besides every major end user tenders for grain. ....

Oh and off topic Canadian farmers are also building the world's storage .....just pisses me off....
                          Last edited by bucket; Jul 27, 2018, 10:06.

Comment

.......There is no more competition here....
                            Expecting there to be is the confusing part to me. Removing an entity whose job it was to collectively market farmer's grain to a small handful of multi-national grain companies who controlled the world grain business for over 100 years. It's like removing a world leaders security detail and expecting him to be safer as a result....or taking the bars off the lion enclosure at the zoo and expecting no-one to get eaten. Just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                              What's my problem? Has it crossed your mind that basis is set off these "reports"? Remember winter of 13/14 after farmers, like a bunch of drunk teenage girls on Girls Gone Wild flashing their tits, were posting yield monitor pics of 70-80 bushel wheat, were rewarded with negative $3 Or $4 basis levels? Did Grain World approach FL or was it reverse? Why is this information released? To sell a service. If your familiar with Informa, previously known as Sparks, their business model is working for the end user. Predominately livestock and smaller coop grain elevators. Now every futures contract needs a buyer and a seller, so be it, that's what makes markets. Don't be so naive to think there isn't bigger money behind a service then what's in the best interest of the producer. There are no examples of genuinely looking out for the little guy. I find it odd that after a 5-6 year decline in futures and producers margins that now FL teams up with a heavy weight like GW. Tough sledding selling a service? It's usually the consultants that get cut first. Look at Cargill's Crop Sense program, it doesn't stand on its own legs but C wants access to the fields so they know what's coming so they have no surprises. Yes there's sat shots and all sorts of cool shit they can use but there's no correlation, YET, for that into yield. They need boots on the ground so they have a weekly report sent back to Minneapolis. Cargill had the world's 3rd largest intelligence agency in the 70's only CIA and KGB were larger. WHY?.... there's good individuals that'll help producers but there's no business model for it, it's a 1 way street. Quit giving away data boys.
                              LOL ok. Thanks for the reply

If understand correctly FL and grain world the same entity. FL puts on the Grain world conference so you can throw that conspiracy theory out the door. As for your 13/14 comments i don't think with was the 70 and 80 bushels screen shots that send the market down, it was everyone in there dog was calling to try and sell off the combine to make bin space, not to mention that you had a shit show rail problem.....think about it a little deeper before you start pointing fingers. Not everyone has a "us vs them" mentality. I sure don't. The market is the market. I'm not saying what grain co's did in 13/14 was right because it wasn't, BUT there was more behind those 3 and 4 under basis levels than you state.
                              Last edited by HappyFarmer; Jul 27, 2018, 10:57.

Comment

You seriously think the sask crop is that good ??????
                                What logical reason for bullshitting like that ?????????
                                These companies cannot never see past the end of their nose tho ?
                                They sure wouldnt have me after that bullshit report

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.