• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat Rally/2004 FPC Contracts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat Rally/2004 FPC Contracts

Just a note to highlight the rally in all US wheat futures markets today and impact on the CWB fixed price contracts.

Approximate Alberta based payments:

1 CWRS 13.5 - $4.90/bu

1 CPSR - $3.90/bu

1 CWSWS - $4.50/bu

Should you do something today? Don't know but you should be on alert to price some on this rally with how you approach this question fitting your situation.

Charlie
    I've been watching this closely and with the Agricore 5700 contract at an additional $10.00 premium it gets CPSR almost to $4.25 my location. Problem was that I was considering pricing yesterday and then markets roared today. Notice basis on December widened by about a buck. Magic number last year was $4.00 and on 75 Bushel crop grosses $300.00 another magic number. Question mark is can we expect normal yields

Comment

Charlie are these delivered elevator prices Alberta?

Comment

They are delivered elevator. Average Alberta with no trucking premiums/other benefits. I would be watching action today.

Comment

Those prices are for #1 & #2 grades. What happens if we get a poor fall and or frost and wind up with feed? Anyone know the discounts off the top of their head,and the ramifications of a lower grade?

Comment

Rodb;

The spread is the difference between #1CWRS 13.5 and Canada Feed initial price spread, plus the special CWB additional CWB feed wheat loss...

http://www.cwb.ca/db/contracts/ppo/ppo_prices.nsf/fixed_price/fbpc-wheat-2003-mhrs-20040319.html

For March 19 the special Feed WHeat discount on CWRS was $14.10/t

The initial price spread is;

http://www.cwb.ca/en/contracts/farmer_payments/2003/tonne/2003-04-ini_tonnesmar.pdf

#1CWRS 13.5 = $169.95/t
            MINUS
            Canada Feed = $108.25/t

The total feed wheat discount today is;

$75.80/t

Now lets see what a Cash Basis would give today off the July 31/03 (13.74) CWB Basis, the roll to May 04 is $7.70/t;

March 19 04 Basis price from the CWB off the May 04 Minni is;

$209.08/t
            add $13.74/t
            Minus $7.70/t
            Minus $75.80/t
            Minus $45/t freight and elevation;

=
            $94.32/t or $2.57/bu.

The CWB price is about a dollar a bu. short of the domestic feed wheat prices.

Comment

Tom4CWB

Thanks Tom

This is a no brainer in our country especially if you look at the long term grade average. We are due for an early frost, haven't had one since 92. I think I will go with my long term preference and steer clear of the CWB and its new found pricing options.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...